WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They often say with Mally and Laura Gellar products amongst other ranges that its much cheaper to buy on QVC UK than in the QVC US, so not sure why Wen is more expensive here than in the Usa, whats happened to QVC's buying power lol. I suspect Louise66 is right, its to cover costs of flying the products , chaz and the team over to the UK and to cover there expenses.

I cannot get over the amount of product to be used in one wash. According to Chaz, I would require 48 pumps to wash my hair once. So how long would a 480ml last me, twice? Way overpriced, and I do pay for my hair products - Ojon and Percy and Reed. As much as I wanted to try this range it wouldn't be practically, or economically, viable for me to do so.

Louise66, everyone who has been using this range seems to use way less than Chas is saying and only one wash too.

I asked a question on the Q and A with him, and he did answer with good advice. I said he recommended only washing twice a week. But as I do Zumba twice a week and come out dripping(I sweat from the back of my hair) sweaty hair what would he suggest????? He said to apply onto dry hair before I go to Zumba and just rinse out afterwards. I will say with my hair length a cropped pixie cut 4 or 5 pumps will have my hair thick with product? As Akimbo says only one wash really needed.

No Akimbo said you can change or cancel at any time. So I went to the site and it does say You Can Cancel At Any Time, or change your delivery if you do want to continue.

From the site.

There are no minimum orders, you can cancel at any time and you can change the frequency of your deliveries to best suit you! You even have our 60-day money back guarantee (less p&p).

Last edited:
Well Chaz has spoken more in the first 10 minutes with Chloe than the whole hour he did with AY.
Lynn

After my first use of Wen yesterday, my hair is still OK and looks clean, although I have pinned it up today. I normally wash my hair daily, or at the most, every other day.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try some of the other products in the kit, along side the 'shampoo' . I really can't believe I'm excited about using hair stuff :happy:

I cannot get over the amount of product to be used in one wash. According to Chaz, I would require 48 pumps to wash my hair once. So how long would a 480ml last me, twice? Way overpriced, and I do pay for my hair products - Ojon and Percy and Reed. As much as I wanted to try this range it wouldn't be practically, or economically, viable for me to do so.
Have they actually said how many pumps you get from a bottle so we could work out how long it would last? It all seems very vague with statements like "it lasts for ages" and "you won't wash your hair as often as you do with conventional products". Personally I would prefer to know the pumps per bottle so I could divide by pumps per wash to get number of uses.

I wonder if there will be reprimands for people using too much product before they send it back under the MBG as it does sound like you would use quite a lot.

Have they actually said how many pumps you get from a bottle so we could work out how long it would last? It all seems very vague with statements like "it lasts for ages" and "you won't wash your hair as often as you do with conventional products". Personally I would prefer to know the pumps per bottle so I could divide by pumps per wash to get number of uses.

I wonder if there will be reprimands for people using too much product before they send it back under the MBG as it does sound like you would use quite a lot.

Absolutely. I've ordered the almond mint one but would love to know how many pumps in the bottle.

I haven't watched any of the shows yet but it sounds exactly like the 'curly girl method' you can use any silicone free conditioner I think to wash your hair. A popular budget one is garnier fructis, in the £1 shop, so lots cheaper. Or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Sorry read loads of horror stories about Fructis, people say their hair was like straw with it.

I use SLS free shampoo and now silicone free conditioner.

I believe Chas invented this idea long ago, many copied.

the stuff he has is not just curly hair, he is all about colouring so enhances colour or natural thin, thick all hair types. Some sooth scalps etc.

Last edited:
Strangely the Wen UK site say you can use and send back the empty bottles!!!!

Not just a presenter saying it but in your actual writing on the site!!!! :talking: Interesting.

Fructis was just an example and although its called curly girl method any hair type can do it.

I'm really struggling to see what's different to using any silicone free conditioner to cleanse & condition? To be honest I'm best off not knowing!

No Akimbo said you can change or cancel at any time. So I went to the site and it does say You Can Cancel At Any Time, or change your delivery if you do want to continue.

From the site.

There are no minimum orders, you can cancel at any time and you can change the frequency of your deliveries to best suit you! You even have our 60-day money back guarantee (less p&p).

Donna the villagers will be outside my door with pitch forks if that site lets everyone down! Seriously though, I've never had any cause for concern with the wen site, they offer a 60 day empty bottle mbg.

Just for the record, I use slightly more in one wash than a normal wash, repeat, and conditioner from a normal hair range. Wash my hair about once a week, my hair is long, straight, fine, coloured, all one length. I can leave it to dry or blow dry, makes not much difference. :happy:

I watched some of both the Wen shows today and tbh it was pretty tiresome with all the items selling out and going to advanced orders and the confusion over the dates the items would be shipped out. You would have thought Qvc would have bought enough stock to last for two the shows. I haven't ordered as AY said the 480ml bottle priced at £27 would last between 3/4 weeks, im sorry I cant justify spending that amount of money each month, and id imagine that goes for a lot of Qvc customer's . Mayb once they bring the bigger sizes and ive read the reviews on here and there website I mayb more tempted.

Now here is the thing.

So the Wen UK site do the Try Me kit same sizes as QVC, but their auto delivery is a kit every 90 days. so that must mean it lasts one person that time??

Jabba if you only use that amount THREE PUMPS, my hair is shorter so two will be more than enough.

Latest posts

Back