Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i popped into my local yankee store and not impressed with the tsv scents. also auto delivery for me means getting candles that i would never ever buy in a month of sundays so a waste of money overall.

I know exactly what you mean. For me, it's not even principally about the money, it's the sheer ridiculousness of it all. I've always liked beauty and make-up, but have gone particularly mad over the last couple of years, and it has made me appreciate what a small footprint my Lola Rose bits have!! My beauty and make-up is certainly taking over in a way that my Lola Rose never has (and God knows that isn't for the lack of it!) so I can well imagine what it's like if candles are your thing, as they are really big and bulky. At least candles have a longer shelf life, whereas - if I carry on adding to my make-up at a similar rate - lots will finish up going to waste. I'm in the process of looking into where I can donate any make-up I'm unlikely to use, as I would love for someone else to have the enjoyment from it. Good luck resisting the TSV, but don't beat yourself up if you do cave, you've done so well since Amexgate!

I very much appreciate the support! I was dropping off last night and had to sit up, grab the iPad and study the TSV and ADs once more to really analyse them and (hopefully) put myself off. This cold turkey thing is TOUGH! I decided I would only really want the Cherry Blossom in the set today and I haven't even smelt it so I can't be sure I'll love it (as I must from now on!). I would be interested in 2 or 3 in the ADs but I am sure they won't be that different from ones I've already got buried deep in The Stash. And yes, The Stash in my case IS ridiculous! That's a good word, MIS.

I am looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of their TSV and will definitely not stop looking and probably buying the odd candle but it's time to enjoy what I already have and ease back on the automatic purchasing.

i popped into my local yankee store and not impressed with the tsv scents. also auto delivery for me means getting candles that i would never ever buy in a month of sundays so a waste of money overall.

Good logic, boffy. Stay strong.

Out of interest (because I can't help myself but, don't worry, I won't buy the TSV!), what did you think of Cherry Blossom? Is it fruity rather than floral, as I think they said last night?

I was confused watching the playback this morning re the Auto-delivery options. Catherine said she couldn't even smell the later drops since they hadn't been made yet but there was a table to the right with all 12 candles lit and burning. Were these difference candles - they looked like the tsv options to me. Did anyone else see this?

I was confused watching the playback this morning re the Auto-delivery options. Catherine said she couldn't even smell the later drops since they hadn't been made yet but there was a table to the right with all 12 candles lit and burning. Were these difference candles - they looked like the tsv options to me. Did anyone else see this?

Yes, they should have explained that. I wondered if the close-up footage of the AD candles was not actually in the studio - from a US presentation, for example? But did you actually see them on the table with the presenters in the same shot? Another thought I had was that they were just similar coloured wax candles with the new labels (which they may have got hold of) stuck on?

Risa has said on previous TSVs that the future drop candles are just unscented dummies so we can see the label and colour. But the actual perfumed wax isn't made yet.

:mysmilie_59:

Risa has said on previous TSVs that the future drop candles are just unscented dummies so we can see the label and colour. But the actual perfumed wax isn't made yet.

:mysmilie_59:

Rosa said something this morning about making one set that then get passed around between other countries and trade shows or something along those lines, because I thought all well and good not lighting them then but why not do the cold smell, so they could very well be unscented.

Good logic, boffy. Stay strong.

Out of interest (because I can't help myself but, don't worry, I won't buy the TSV!), what did you think of Cherry Blossom? Is it fruity rather than floral, as I think they said last night?

Cherry Blossom smells fruity and floral, leaning more towards the fruit
Linden Tree smells a lot like the Champaca Blossom
Wild Mint is very minty at bit like fresh picked garden mint, not sweet smelling mint.

I'm not very good a describing scents, but that is what these 3 new ones smell like to me.

Cherry Blossom smells fruity and floral, leaning more towards the fruit
Linden Tree smells a lot like the Champaca Blossom
Wild Mint is very minty at bit like fresh picked garden mint, not sweet smelling mint.

I'm not very good a describing scents, but that is what these 3 new ones smell like to me.

Thank you very much. I managed to cold sniff a Linden Tree in a shop and I like it but feel I have many similar already. I think they said last night the Wild Mint is very much like Fresh Mint which I got in a trio (2015?) with Orange Dreamsicle and Watermelon (I think) so it's really the Cherry Blossom I would be interested in. It sounds lovely, so thanks. I may look out for shop bargains on that one.

You really don't have to apologise! I am just sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Hopefully popping in here now and then takes your mind off things. I seem to remember you had a bad 2016, including a family bereavement? You so deserve a better 2017 and here's to it.

I am torn over the TSV. I note a number of people have already gone for it and, of old, I would have done the same. On the one hand, I having raging jealousy of all those who will be receiving these beauties (not just now but throughout the year) and on the other hand I have to be realistic and consider the huge pile of boxes containing candles in this very room where the computer is. They could very likely last me 10 years! I am going to try to be more selective and only buy what I know I really love and only when it's very cheap, on QVC or elsewhere.

Not sure I'm convincing anyone, including myself! :blush:

Let's do it AndiK! I've just seen the TSV & although I like the price, selection & convenience of having them delivered, I also have candles, tea-lights to use up. I am just going to buy them as & when I need them, you can always find special offers & I must admit, when I order the Auto delivery from QVC I just go into shops & garden centres to sniff the candle lids without buying any lol! There is something satisfying if you are a Yankee fan of making a final decision on what fragrance/fragrances you are going to take home!

Let's do it AndiK! I've just seen the TSV & although I like the price, selection & convenience of having them delivered, I also have candles, tea-lights to use up. I am just going to buy them as & when I need them, you can always find special offers & I must admit, when I order the Auto delivery from QVC I just go into shops & garden centres to sniff the candle lids without buying any lol! There is something satisfying if you are a Yankee fan of making a final decision on what fragrance/fragrances you are going to take home!

I'm in too - actually off sick today but am strongly resisting the call of the TSV - as others have said, most of the fragrances just don't appeal that much and my candle cupboard is quite literally full!!!

Just read on Q's FB page in one of the comments on the TSV, someone is saying they have 380 candles!?!?!?!?

Yes, they should have explained that. I wondered if the close-up footage of the AD candles was not actually in the studio - from a US presentation, for example? But did you actually see them on the table with the presenters in the same shot? Another thought I had was that they were just similar coloured wax candles with the new labels (which they may have got hold of) stuck on?

Yes at first I thought they were footage from elsewhere but when there was an advert about pies (?!) it returned to the studio with Rosa and Catherine and showed 2 tables....the one they were at and the other to the right with the 12 candles lit (in 3s) just like the tsv. Baffling but maybe they were dummy candles as someone has suggested...odd but maybe right.

I'm in too - actually off sick today but am strongly resisting the call of the TSV - as others have said, most of the fragrances just don't appeal that much and my candle cupboard is quite literally full!!!

Good girls! I am proud of you!

Scandi Princess, don't forget to post in the "Reasons not to shop with QVC" part of the forum if you find any irresistible bargains in the shops or online in coming months. I'm still going to try to resist like Tarketta, but the odd one won't hurt (unlike this 12 from QVC).

Get well soon, Tarketta.

Yes at first I thought they were footage from elsewhere but when there was an advert about pies (?!) it returned to the studio with Rosa and Catherine and showed 2 tables....the one they were at and the other to the right with the 12 candles lit (in 3s) just like the tsv. Baffling but maybe they were dummy candles as someone has suggested...odd but maybe right.

The dummy candles is a likely explanation. I bet it's confusing a lot of people though.

Have they mentioned how many sets they've sold yet, or if they're running out of stock?

the mint one was like wet weeds or green kale not nice at all. and i like aromatic scents just not this

The dummy candles is a likely explanation. I bet it's confusing a lot of people though.

Have they mentioned how many sets they've sold yet, or if they're running out of stock?

I'm watching just now but auto-delivery still going strong and no mention of what's sold in the first option (which is there 'in person' since Rosa is sniffing it just now!)

interesting, they're not talking about sales at all, when they usually go on about how many have sold.
Also, concentrating on the current drop only, and only a quick mention about the scents in the future AD's.
I did order yesterday, but am only interested in the first and second drops - hope I'm not disappointed! lol

I watched a YC slot earlier and Chuntley explained they were dummies made up to look like the actual candles because as someone else said, they haven't been made yet apparently...reckon that makes me more wary for the reliability of the AD drops!!!!

Latest posts

Back