Bargain box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't have paid £50 for it.

The necklace was gold tone and looked really cheap and tacky with that 'yellow' look that gold tone / thin gold plating gives jewellery.
The earrings also look naff.
The bracelet wasn't nice looking at all.
The bangles we've seen over and over again and they are way over-priced.

Crap set. The best thing about it was the presentation box it was in.
I didn't take too much notice, coz I wasn't gonna buy. BUT, I did notice the red jade earrings. I saw, oddly, that the loop had a slight opening to it. Yes, I know that's the case, but it seemed a bigger loop than it should have been. The sort of loop I'd make: aka I'm amateur with my makings.

I didn't take too much notice, coz I wasn't gonna buy. BUT, I did notice the red jade earrings. I saw, oddly, that the loop had a slight opening to it. Yes, I know that's the case, but it seemed a bigger loop than it should have been. The sort of loop I'd make: aka I'm amateur with my makings.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's paying Jewellery Maker guest designer to put these things together.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's paying Jewellery Maker guest designer to put these things together.
Or those upstairs, or wherever they are, who are the 'not' guest designers, but do make some jewellery for shows. And yes, I know enough about making jewellery to know when it's 'not so well made', to put it politely ;)

I know it's random, but I notice these things. Yesterday, the price went from £4999. to £999 before dropping to £499. The mid drop today is £1 more than yesterday: £1000.

The reverse auction format is dead in my opinion.

Just stick a price on screen and be done with it - and sell it at the same price whenever its on-air in the future.

If it costs £20 to make, and they're happy to make £30 profit - then flog it at £50 every single time. Stick an extra tenner on for the website price. Job done.

It seems ludicrous flogging an item for £300 at launch, £200 a week later, then £250 a week after that.

It must cost them more money than its worth in keeping records of previous prices, or continually bringing it to air because nobody is interested because they saw it go for £50 less the week before, or wasted time spent on the phone by customer service staff telling irate customers that they can't have a price pledge today because the wind is blowing in the wrong direction or they've put in a clearance hour.

It just seems pointless and false economy to me.

Bundling them up to get rid. £500 final cost and she 'bought' 4? Surely she's not got nigh on £2000 to give away?? And there were still some left at almost close of day yesterday too. And one person bought 5?? There shouldn't have been any left if there were only 50 and there were multiple multiples.
Adina buys everything (except tissues to wipe her nose - if Gemporia would only sell these there would be no excuse for her to use her fingers - yuk!). Her house is probably crammed to the rafters with 'stuff' while her family occupy the garden shed. 'You're saving more than you're spending', etc. etc. etc.....

Adina buys everything (except tissues to wipe her nose - if Gemporia would only sell these there would be no excuse for her to use her fingers - yuk!). Her house is probably crammed to the rafters with 'stuff' while her family occupy the garden shed. 'You're saving more than you're spending', etc. etc. etc.....

Ellis also owns everything - especially Steve's pills and potions.

I wonder if she sits at home with wrinkle reducing Darth Vader mask on too.

If the presenters buy everything shown (which is the impression given), then they could dispense with the customers really. But I suppose the 'peasants' must be given a chance to buy the odd item or two (or three). OK, so employees no doubt get a staff discount but I think it's stretching credibility a little far to believe that every presenter buys (or multi buys) something they are promoting during their 4-hour slot.

Probably. All while she's angrily scrolling through these pages looking to see what people have said about her.

Yes, while having digs at the things that she doesn't like - but ignoring the post about the Tanzanite ring that the ASA ruled she misled customers with.

Good old honest Ellis with her 'game of trust' though..........

So honest, she hasn't got it in her to issue an apology to her customers that bought that ring in her auction.

I bet she ignores this post too..................

Latest posts

Back