New Yankee Guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well that is quick! When I saw the name Michaela I feared the worst but this is a new one who looks to me like the stand in from a few months back. The one who caused a furore for not being Rosa or Steven although I thought she was OK (she was only on for a few minutes).

This could be a bit of a poisoned chalice IMHO, or at least in certain quarters. We are used to Rosa and Steven (who I thought complemented each other very well) being quite adventurous in their descriptions so I do hope she can do the same and isn't too bland. But she is a Fresh family fan so good for her!

Do we know what her connection is to YC?

Michaela's hair is shinier than Steven's!.... :clapping:

Yeah I went there! Bite me Mrs Steven! :emo::tongue:

Well that is quick! When I saw the name Michaela I feared the worst but this is a new one who looks to me like the stand in from a few months back. The one who caused a furore for not being Rosa or Steven although I thought she was OK (she was only on for a few minutes).

This could be a bit of a poisoned chalice IMHO, or at least in certain quarters. We are used to Rosa and Steven (who I thought complemented each other very well) being quite adventurous in their descriptions so I do hope she can do the same and isn't too bland. But she is a Fresh family fan so good for her!

Do we know what her connection is to YC?

Mazza, I've done a fair amount of digging but cannot find any connection between her and YC - she just looks like your bog standard TV wannabe judging by her Linkedin and agent's entries.

http://www.mandy.com/home.cfm?c=hyd026

Not that someone can't have a passion for YC in their spare time, but given Rosa's and Steven's well-documented love of YC outside of QVC, it does make you wonder how she got the gig if it's not been mentioned up to this point.

Well, that says she has presented on Q since 2008! I wonder what shows cos I don't remember seeing her other than as a YC stand-in.

Now I didn't much like Jemma Forte when she started as MB ambassador but now I think she really knows her products, has stopped the windmill arms and is confident on camera. So I am hopeful that even if Michaela has a dodgy start (and she may well be perfectly OK), she will settle into it as Jemma has done. So as much as I liked Steven I assume things will just carry on, much as with Honora after the loss of the mighty Ralph!

Well, that says she has presented on Q since 2008! I wonder what shows cos I don't remember seeing her other than as a YC stand-in.

Now I didn't much like Jemma Forte when she started as MB ambassador but now I think she really knows her products, has stopped the windmill arms and is confident on camera. So I am hopeful that even if Michaela has a dodgy start (and she may well be perfectly OK), she will settle into it as Jemma has done. So as much as I liked Steven I assume things will just carry on, much as with Honora after the loss of the mighty Ralph!

I didn't see Michaela when she first stood in for whomever last year (not wishing to stir that pot, but I wonder now if that wasn't the same time when SC's hubby kicked off and sent his first lot of vile messages, so SC was put on the naughty step - it was meant to be an hour long show and ended up being about 20 mins right?) and I'm sure she'll do a perfectly good job, but I wish I'd known they were looking for an 'understudy' as I'd have thrown my cards on the table. I love most YC smells and aside from cracking camera lenses with my mush, can happily ramble on waxing lyrical as needed - bob's yer uncle!

:mysmilie_846:

The poor woman won't be able to win some people over whatever she does because nobody can replace Steven if this Twatter exchange is anything to go by. They're never, ever, ever going to watch Yankee shows on QVC again! Really?! Bit of a slap in the face for Rosa.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 15.31.11.jpg

See post of 16 March if you can't read above.

https://twitter.com/theyankeestore?lang=en

Well I couldn't read the post so I went to that link and followed to the guy's Twatter page where I immediately spotted a row with ANOther and the use of the c-bomb! So I have abandoned that. I wonder if there will be a reaction on the Q FB page. I think SC has been rather quiet on Twatter since the announcement because didn't he have loads of incoming to which he always replied? Now it seems to be only his "sister from another mister" Chuntley - to whom he is the brother from another mother- or retweeting going on.

Sorry that screen shot of the Twatter exchange was too small to read. I can't find a way of making it bigger but is this legible? (Edit: It's not a lot better, sorry)

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 16.29.47.jpg

Yes, Mazza, SC does seem to be doing less original twatterising. I was actually looking to see if he was wishing the new lady well but it's a bit soon for that and maybe he will nearer to her first official "airing" on Saturday. On the other hand, he may decide against it for fear of stirring a hornet's nest, knowing that some of his "fans" are a little over-enthusiastic in their support.

Much clearer Andi and could be stretched on the iPad so thank you for doing that. Wow! I couldnt see all those from the link, maybe cos I am not actually on Twatter so can only get on a public page. However I think they form a very small minority!

I didn't see Michaela when she first stood in for whomever last year (not wishing to stir that pot, but I wonder now if that wasn't the same time when SC's hubby kicked off and sent his first lot of vile messages, so SC was put on the naughty step - it was meant to be an hour long show and ended up being about 20 mins right?) and I'm sure she'll do a perfectly good job, but I wish I'd known they were looking for an 'understudy' as I'd have thrown my cards on the table. I love most YC smells and aside from cracking camera lenses with my mush, can happily ramble on waxing lyrical as needed - bob's yer uncle!

:mysmilie_846:

No, me, me, me! I've just had my roots done and I know lots of rude words!

Much clearer Andi and could be stretched on the iPad so thank you for doing that. Wow! I couldnt see all those from the link, maybe cos I am not actually on Twatter so can only get on a public page. However I think they form a very small minority!

Yes, I can't see QVC sweating over the lost sales!

No, me, me, me! I've just had my roots done and I know lots of rude words!

To quote Harry Hill, FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Seriously though, it can't be that hard sitting there banging on about the smells and what they remind you of - I happily bore people senseless if they dare ask me about my love of candles/smells, so why not earn a few quid doing it!

To quote Harry Hill, FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Seriously though, it can't be that hard sitting there banging on about the smells and what they remind you of - I happily bore people senseless if they dare ask me about my love of candles/smells, so why not earn a few quid doing it!

You win! I wouldn't want to be forced (by QVC) to do all the social media.

As for "boring people senseless" with your candle talk, you know you can always come on here and let it out because I for one am a willing listener.

I've got to be honest all that lovey dovey posts from him and his followers makes me cringe. If I knew anyone in RL who went on like that I would a word and tell them to wise up- it's only smelly wax not the answer to world peace.

Latest posts

Back