Yankee Candle Coming Back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish I could still buy the pre-scented sticks as they were brilliant in the bathroom and lasted for ages. Every time I see a yankee candle shop at an outlet centre or in a different town, I go in and ask and the sales assistants all say the same thing...that they loved them too and wished they'd bring them back.

Does anybody remember the Scentbeads jar range they did at QVC, they were really good value. Thirty quid for a YC large jar is now ridiculous though.

I'm banned from buying any as I've got enough to last me until 2030...and I'm moving house so will be doing enough packing away of them as it is. I have to content myself with just sniffing them in the shops!

Hi ,these are available on amazon in a variety of fragrances ranging from 4.99 to 12.99 !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_222341_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_222341_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 0
Ah, now that was the famous scandal. Search this site and there are a number of threads about it.

It was Yankee who got rid of him.

I searched for the thread, but not showing.

Someone on a private group sent Steven a message saying two women joking about him swishing his hair. His husband went nuts and started abusing the women on Facebook, swearing etc. So instead of Steven telling husband to just shut up, it continued. The women complained to Yankee and QVC about the abuse. Steven got the so long farewell.

Last edited:
Ah, now that was the famous scandal. Search this site and there are a number of threads about it.

It was Yankee who got rid of him.

I searched for the thread, but not showing.

Someone on a private group sent Steven a message saying two women joking about him swishing his hair. His husband went nuts and started abusing the women on Facebook, swearing etc. So instead of Steven telling husband to just shut up, it continued. The women complained to Yankee and QVC about the abuse. Steven got the so long farewell.
I thought I had a link to the discussion about Steven but I think the pages have moved around with various revamps of the forum. Anyway, found it now - it was the long-running social media thread (below). There’s a post by Tarketta about half way down the page, where she mentions that there are rumours on QVC’s Facebook page about “abusive messages”, and then within subsequent posts, the Steven saga is revealed. It carries on for a few pages so you need to keep reading for the full picture.

Hi ,these are available on amazon in a variety of fragrances ranging from 4.99 to 12.99 !
Thanks, I have looked on ebay and amazon but they either don't have the right fragrances for me, or the price at 12 quid I'm not willing to stump up as I was only paying £2.80 a pack! Thank you though, that was kind of you to post.

I've never been a fan of YC or any candle in one of those jars - I think they're ugly, and the labels on the front don't do them any favours aesthetically either. I have tried some of the wax tarts when I used to have a burner but I got rid of that a long while ago. I did like some of the fragrances and wouldn't have minded having a candle in some of the scents they produced but to me I want the whole package a lovely scented candle in a container that I would want to display in my home - so no, the thought of them coming back doesn't excite me at all.

My love affair with Yankee is well and truly over. I used to love the wax melts or tarts as they were called and used them in an electric burner. Then bought quite a few of the large jars and found most of them had a disappointing throw of scent and even though I use a illuma lid they soot badly even when the wick is well trimmed. Frankly I now think they are grossly over priced and won't bother buying anymore. The silly names of some them gets me too.. have tried Mr slatkins ones and weren't over impressed with them either

I just bought a set of qvc this week. It was a set of two large jars. Aloe and a vanilla one. I’m very very impressed with the aloe. I lit it last night in the kitchen and it filled the whole room. I do have a big kitchen too. So I hopped onto ya Lee sight and got two with free delivery for £41. The Aloe is just beautiful. I wasn’t all that enamoured before they arrived but I’m very happy. The soy wax seems to burn more evenly than third style x Hope that qvc get some more kits.

I thought I had a link to the discussion about Steven but I think the pages have moved around with various revamps of the forum. Anyway, found it now - it was the long-running social media thread (below). There’s a post by Tarketta about half way down the page, where she mentions that there are rumours on QVC’s Facebook page about “abusive messages”, and then within subsequent posts, the Steven saga is revealed. It carries on for a few pages so you need to keep reading for the full picture.

I remember posting on that thread as I'd met the husband when he was working at JLP in Cardiff. He was quite polite to me at the time but a few months later I saw him calling a woman his favourite insulting word in a car park.

I was only a few cars over so went over to help her as he drove off in his expensive sports car (that didn't suit him). She was parked in a disabled space and was struggling to get her wheelchair out and assembled. Before he started shouting at her I was struck by how independent she was as I'm a part-time chair user and would never manage to lift my chair out and assemble from the driver seat like she did.

He'd come out of JLP and noticed that she was "too close" to his car so started shouting at her to move her car (she already had half her chair out) away from his. The C-word came out quite few times, the woman clearly shaken. He got in his car a screeched off.

The tin hat and what annoyed me enough to walk back into JLP with the woman and complain (I'm terrible walking even with crutches) was his parking in a disabled space with no blue badge. She complained about his abuse and I complained about his parking. I doubt either of us would have bothered complaining without each other to support but when we explained what happened and told the CS woman to check the CCTV she said rather cryptically she didn't need to. I got the distinct impression that she knew he doesn't like women or disabled people very much.

We both got a goodwill voucher for £25 but I doubt even that would make up for the abuse that poor woman suffered, though.

I thought I must be missing something by not trying Yankee candles as so many people love them.So I bought one, now some time ago, maybe it was just the one I had but I threw it out the only smell I got was paraffin.

Same here. Having said that, I'm allergic to candles, even most soy wax candles.

I remember posting on that thread as I'd met the husband when he was working at JLP in Cardiff. He was quite polite to me at the time but a few months later I saw him calling a woman his favourite insulting word in a car park.

I was only a few cars over so went over to help her as he drove off in his expensive sports car (that didn't suit him). She was parked in a disabled space and was struggling to get her wheelchair out and assembled. Before he started shouting at her I was struck by how independent she was as I'm a part-time chair user and would never manage to lift my chair out and assemble from the driver seat like she did.

He'd come out of JLP and noticed that she was "too close" to his car so started shouting at her to move her car (she already had half her chair out) away from his. The C-word came out quite few times, the woman clearly shaken. He got in his car a screeched off.

The tin hat and what annoyed me enough to walk back into JLP with the woman and complain (I'm terrible walking even with crutches) was his parking in a disabled space with no blue badge. She complained about his abuse and I complained about his parking. I doubt either of us would have bothered complaining without each other to support but when we explained what happened and told the CS woman to check the CCTV she said rather cryptically she didn't need to. I got the distinct impression that she knew he doesn't like women or disabled people very much.

We both got a goodwill voucher for £25 but I doubt even that would make up for the abuse that poor woman suffered, though.
Have I got it right that you married the man that was insulting?

Have I got it right that you married the man that was insulting?

I did marry a man that insulted me but not that one. Mine was probably a lot worse. I finally came to my senses and walked.

I read it as the husband of the yankee bloke.

And if he went off on me like that, he'd be a coma patient right now.

Horrible way to treat someone.

He was very threatening. A typical bully picking on someone who couldn't fight back. He didn't stop when he saw me approaching either so he saw me as little threat, too.

A shame I'm not a crutch-wielding ninja.

Latest posts

Back