Tarte Cosmetics TSV 23/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Franks suggests wearing the Tarte concealer (assuming she means Shape Tape having told us how huge it is...10ml FFS!) then put the Twinkle powders on top! Who in their right mind would do this?

I've had the shape tape in and out of my basket every time they restock it, but £32 for 10 ml is insane! OK you get the Beauty Blender-type sponge (which looks too large), but wouldn't this just soak up load of product or remove much of the product you've applied from your undereye? Every time I have to give myself a talking to and dump it out of my basket. The endless requests for this on Facebook are whipping up a frenzy and selling the product for QVC. Not forgetting the ebay sellers asking even sillier prices for 10ml....did I mention it's only 10ml?

Anyone rate this concealer? Is it better than the rest? Or is it all hype? I'm genuinely interested if this turns out to be the holy grail of concealers.

No idea what this sponge is like but the BeautyBlender does not adsorb product, the trick is to use it just barely damp. I wet it the night before then in the morning give it a good squeeze wrapped in an old Eve Lom muslin cloth. In the demo Leigh had their one really wet!

I have very dark circles purple/blue/reddish so need good coverage concealer. So will see what this one is like.

Thanks for your review Paulawl, v helpful, and I know Donna will give warts and all feedback too.

Those Unicorn brushes could be considered as offensive weapons: you'd never get on a plane with them in your hand luggage! I'm surprised Q hasn't suggested these have a unique selling point: "Pop them in your handbag area if you need to walk alone thru a dodgy are at night!" "On a desert island you could dip them in poison and use them to hunt animals! (though we don't condone this and none of our finished beauty items are tested on animals (probably)!"

All of Tarte's foundation and concealer products look too yellow for me, and aren't light enough anyway, so I'd never be able to buy a TSV as it always seems to be in kits.

However, I decided to go for the 4 mini Tarte blush kit http://www.qvcuk.com/Tarte-4-Piece-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-227457

It's my first Taste purchase so it'll be interesting to see if it lives up to the hype. I do enjoy watching Leigh's presentations, she's very knowledgeable about the brand and does correct presenters if they start talking nonsense, which I like.
(I remember her doing a foundation demo, one shade had sold out so Ali Young said you could buy the next shade down, and Leigh said that really wasn't a good idea and not to do that. Well done her.)

Have just ordered the unicorn brushes - do I need them, no, but they look gorgeous and will be good to see the difference between my usual Tarte brushes for different uses

I finished up just buying the new Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench lip trio and the Becca blurring powder on advanced orders. Went for the Becca as that product was on my wish list anyway, and thought the easy pays and option to return used might be useful on this occasion. It was £2 more than the blurring powder alone in SpaceNK, but I think the brush is worth £25 (if it's the same kabuki brush they've got on their site).

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I am one of these people - I jumped on it when QVC activated them last week. I dithered over it when I was ordering direct, so had to get them this time.

Warwa, did you order the unicorn brushes???? I must confess I succumbed to those, not because of the bright colours but they're excellent value and have amazing reviews...promise!

Which colour splash trio did you order? I WANT both of them, but need neither...sob.

Being a sucker for all things pink and girly, I'd been gazing admiringly at these brushes since they appeared on the Tarte website. Am trying to be good at the moment (owing to complete lack of restraint the majority of the time), so I didn't get them, which I'm a bit gutted about now. I kept checking back, hoping / not hoping that they'd have sold out, I wasn't expecting them to last the day. Hope you both love them, they're so pretty and Tarte brushes are usually good quality.

I am interested in the Shape Tape, actually looked at reviews and swatches etc online.

Leigh says to go down a shade, but looking the Fair is very very pale and sort of yellow to me. I would be thinking reversed panda if I went for it(that is where your concealer so light compared to your face its like have patches round the eyes), the light seems to be more beige and similar to colours I already wear. Oh and the really weird thing it the Light Neutral looks darker than the Light shade, but then QVC don't sell it. Also neither QVC US or here had any videos up demoing of this product just loads of great reviews (well a few it didn't work for).

I made the mistake of listening to the advice to go down a shade, and reverse panda was indeed the result. I'm Fair Light Neutral in the RotS Foundation, so ordered the Fair. I really like it as a concealer - creamy, easy to blend, good coverage etc - but thought the Light looked too pink for me (and have just seen it's now sold out anyway) so I'd have to risk ordering from the US and getting clobbered for customs. I do wish Q would carry a bigger shade range. The Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher I'm using at the moment is a lot drier and harder to blend.

Funny on the QVC Facebook page someone made that comment. Why Maneater(Hall and Oats had a song called that), sounds so 80s and I am a woman and don't need to be called one.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one to think that. I do love Hall and Oates, anothing fitting song, funnily enough again by Hall and Oates, would've been " I Can't Go For That Noooooo". :mysmilie_17:

I agree, you wouldn't want that advertised, and c'mon who's stealing my thoughts? :mysmilie_51: :mysmilie_17:

Those Unicorn brushes could be considered as offensive weapons: you'd never get on a plane with them in your hand luggage! I'm surprised Q hasn't suggested these have a unique selling point: "Pop them in your handbag area if you need to walk alone thru a dodgy are at night!" "On a desert island you could dip them in poison and use them to hunt animals! (though we don't condone this and none of our finished beauty items are tested on animals (probably)!"

Now I understand why Q's P&P is so rediculously high ...

My unicorn brushes arrived today (super fast delivery for once !!) but the packaging OMG.

Brushes are wrapped in Tarte tissue paper
Tissue paper is in a Tarte box
Tarte box is in a padded jiffy bag
jiffy bag is inside a Q box
Qbox is inside a Q bag ....

anyway the brushes are to die for .... so super soft with a bit of firmness , but sooooo pretty (I know i like a decent make up brush - but OMG .... these are gorgeous)

I knew I wouldn't be the only one to think that. I do love Hall and Oates, anothing fitting song, funnily enough again by Hall and Oates, would've been " I Can't Go For That Noooooo". :mysmilie_17:

I agree, you wouldn't want that advertised, and c'mon who's stealing my thoughts? :mysmilie_51: :mysmilie_17:

I don't like Hall & Oates. I saw them at Wembley Stadium yonks ago as the warm-up act for Simon & Garfunkel (did I say it was yonks ago ?!) and I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage.

I don't like Hall & Oates. I saw them at Wembley Stadium yonks ago as the warm-up act for Simon & Garfunkel (did I say it was yonks ago ?!) and I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage.

:mysmilie_15: that's funny because I can't stand Simon and Garfunkel. :mysmilie_15: My husband loves that Bridge Over Troubled Water song, I can't stand it. I hate all slow songs though (only exception being I'm Not In Love by 10cc) since I was young I've only ever liked happy, funky, groovey songs and there's a few by Hall and Oates that remind me of happy times when I was young.......anyway enough about me, I'll be telling you I've got a guest house in Devon next. :mysmilie_17:

I used to love Hall and Oates, and still have a good sing a long with them now and again, they remind me of very happy times. I saw them a few years back at Wolverhampton Civic ( exciting I know)! And dragged a mate of mine along saying that they would do all their hits,but much to my annoyance they had recently bought out a new album and proceeded to work through that, neglecting a few favourites of mine.
I like Simon and Garfunkel too, my other half says my music taste is so middle of the road I am in danger of getting knocked down!

I like Tarte but thought the packaging looked a bit cheap, was tempted with the Tsv but knew I would not wear the colours in the palette so decided to give it a miss and will treat myself to a new lippie on the DHS

They should sell a TSV without foundation or concealer so there's no colour option. Ofcourse they justify the cost of any TSV by saying the foundation alone is worth £30+ We seem to have had so many beauty TSVs recently IT, Becca, Mally, Laura Geller, Doll10, Mally...and another Mally TSV coming soon. I don't need any more base products but can easily be tempted to buy a cute palette and lipsticks never go to waste.

So true Akimbo! I had the TSV last year on Auto delivery but cancelled it after the 2nd drop- how much foundation do they think we need? I'm still on my first tube & Leigh said herself the tubes last ages. I do love Tarte but am waking up to the fact that I don't need loads of palettes with very similar colours, pretty though they are! I'm also getting fed up of the hard sell of the TSV's before they launch- early bird links etc. Do you remember the anticipation of what our favourite brands would present to us at the stroke of midnight? It was much more exciting!

Yes Scandi, I used to sit up until midnight, cuppa and rich tea biscuit in hand waiting for the fanfare. In those days I don't think we even knew what brand the TSV would be ? More innocent times.

Yes I remember those days of staying up for the TSV - have to say, as exciting as it was, I don't miss those days. Sometimes I would be in bed and would almost be compelled to go downstairs to switch on the telly at midnight and check out the TSV - most of the times I would go back to bed within 10 minutes because it was not a product I was interested in. Many times, however, I found myself sitting there until 1:30 a.m watching the presentation. No Sky plus to record it for later, no guide to know what was coming up - played havoc with my sleep patterns and my dark circles.

Thank goodness for the luxuries of today, knowing what is coming up and choosing not to bother with 99% of it, and a trusty ipad to watch and research products from the warmth of my bed, not to mention all the info on this forum!!!

Latest posts

Back