Tarte Cosmetics TSV 23/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm wavering after reading all the good reports from people who've already got it

Has anyone tried the Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette or the Confidence Creamy Powder foundation?

I have the first edition of the Rainforest of the Sea and it's good if you like soft minky taupe shadows, the second edition looks good (but I haven't seen it in the flesh) with a couple of deeper shadows, but my favourite is the Rainforest After Dark palette -these appear on ebay occasionally - if you prefer more smokey shadows. These are the round palettes; there's also a rectangular RotS palette (think it was in an Auto Delivery drop from a past TSV) it has a blush ("Mystified") and 6 taupey brown shadows.

I'm back from Egypt and have ordered mine - have gone for a darker shade as I now have a tan.
Looking forward to it arriving soon
Hoping there might be a OTO tomorrow too

I'm wavering after reading all the good reports from people who've already got it

Has anyone tried the Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette or the Confidence Creamy Powder foundation?

I have vol.1 of the rots eyeshadow palette, but I haven't bought vol.2 - this is for a couple of reasons, 1. I think the shades are a bit dark for me and 2. I'm not mad on the texture of this particular shadow palette. I prefer pretty much all of the other palettes Tarte have brought out.

Miss Molly I agree. I want brushes which do the job, I do not need Rainbow Bright.

See they have got the unicorn brushes people have been having heart attacks over, strangely they are too garish for me.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I am one of these people - I jumped on it when QVC activated them last week. I dithered over it when I was ordering direct, so had to get them this time.

I've ordered way more than I should have done - TSV, brush set, lip quenches trio and colour splash lipstick trio.
I've received the TSV & the brushes already - the other two are coming via snail mail!!!

I've used most of the TSV today (brushes came while I was out) - the foundation, palette and lip product. I haven't used the mascara or eyeliner yet. I like the lighter shadows and highlighter, but will probably stay away from the darker shades and although I like the lip product, especially as it's a nude shade, but again it's quite dark once on my lips.

I've ordered way more than I should have done - TSV, brush set, lip quenches trio and colour splash lipstick trio.
I've received the TSV & the brushes already - the other two are coming via snail mail!!!

I've used most of the TSV today (brushes came while I was out) - the foundation, palette and lip product. I haven't used the mascara or eyeliner yet. I like the lighter shadows and highlighter, but will probably stay away from the darker shades and although I like the lip product, especially as it's a nude shade, but again it's quite dark once on my lips.

Warwa, did you order the unicorn brushes???? I must confess I succumbed to those, not because of the bright colours but they're excellent value and have amazing reviews...promise!

Which colour splash trio did you order? I WANT both of them, but need neither...sob.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I am one of these people - I jumped on it when QVC activated them last week. I dithered over it when I was ordering direct, so had to get them this time.

Enjoy them Warwa I am sure they are fab people are raving about then, let us know what you think when you get them. I think they will sell out fast x

Someone is trying to sell the unicorn brushes on eBay individually at £17.50 each

Foundation

Someone is trying to sell the unicorn brushes on eBay individually at £17.50 each

Im a member of a few FACEBOOK groups where we buy and sell makeup from each other. The most common foundation for sale is unfortunately the TARTE one. More than not the problem is the severe limitation of shades to choose from.
I also found it falls apart in a few hours on my oily skin. It sort of floats on the top. Not good.
I agree about the restricted choice of eyeshadow shades. QVC sells these makeup TSVs like they are selling to first time buyers every single time.
I do like their brushes though.

I belong to a private perfume facebook group who swap and sell/split bottles amongst ourselves. The admin a few weeks back put up a message about this sort of thing. Just saying please do not try to rip off other members by trying to sell bottles at highly inflated prices, the members here are smart people do know the prices retail.

The unicorn brushes do look pretty, but as I said they just do not appeal to me. Hey I have make up brushes going back to the last century just ordinary looking but as good as new as I looked after them. So I don't actually need these. I admit giving away any Tarte brushes I got in TSVs before as I just don't like double ended for a start also didn't need them. I did keep the brush that came with the Rainforest foundation which is double ended. Now gone back to using my beauty blender.

I wish QVC would do more of the blush shades on their own, they have two in stock for well over a year now and never got the other shades back.

I am interested in the Shape Tape, actually looked at reviews and swatches etc online.

Leigh says to go down a shade, but looking the Fair is very very pale and sort of yellow to me. I would be thinking reversed panda if I went for it(that is where your concealer so light compared to your face its like have patches round the eyes), the light seems to be more beige and similar to colours I already wear. Oh and the really weird thing it the Light Neutral looks darker than the Light shade, but then QVC don't sell it. Also neither QVC US or here had any videos up demoing of this product just loads of great reviews (well a few it didn't work for).

They should sell a TSV without foundation or concealer so there's no colour option. Ofcourse they justify the cost of any TSV by saying the foundation alone is worth £30+ We seem to have had so many beauty TSVs recently IT, Becca, Mally, Laura Geller, Doll10, Mally...and another Mally TSV coming soon. I don't need any more base products but can easily be tempted to buy a cute palette and lipsticks never go to waste.

They should sell a TSV without foundation or concealer so there's no colour option. Ofcourse they justify the cost of any TSV by saying the foundation alone is worth £30+ We seem to have had so many beauty TSVs recently IT, Becca, Mally, Laura Geller, Doll10, Mally...and another Mally TSV coming soon. I don't need any more base products but can easily be tempted to buy a cute palette and lipsticks never go to waste.

That would be really good.
It's also a problem for me as being very, very pale the foundations are almost always a bit too dark & mostly too yellow. Only BM seem to have a good shade in Fair or LG in Porcelain. So as not to waste many of the so called pale shades that have come with TSVs I've bought the Body Shop foundation lightening stuff.
It would be good just to not have foundation sometimes though. Highlighters are becoming a bit too common too, it isn't as though you need tons of the stuff!

Despite JF Loooving,ammmmaaazing, faaaabulous, can't live without any product why does she look so 'washed out'? No need for slapping it on like the American girls but a little more colour especially on the lips? Might just balance those heavy dark eyebrows which I personally think look awful on a thinner finer featured face.

Franks suggests wearing the Tarte concealer (assuming she means Shape Tape having told us how huge it is...10ml FFS!) then put the Twinkle powders on top! Who in their right mind would do this?

I've had the shape tape in and out of my basket every time they restock it, but £32 for 10 ml is insane! OK you get the Beauty Blender-type sponge (which looks too large), but wouldn't this just soak up load of product or remove much of the product you've applied from your undereye? Every time I have to give myself a talking to and dump it out of my basket. The endless requests for this on Facebook are whipping up a frenzy and selling the product for QVC. Not forgetting the ebay sellers asking even sillier prices for 10ml....did I mention it's only 10ml?

Anyone rate this concealer? Is it better than the rest? Or is it all hype? I'm genuinely interested if this turns out to be the holy grail of concealers.

I bought shape tape concealer from the Tarte website, the light neutral. My skin is light medium, I wear fair (or medium in the summer)with Laura Geller, Fairly Medium Bare Min, my Skintone is somewhere between light and medium, with pink undertones. Going by the product description, I went for the light neutral. It is a good concealer. I wouldn't be raving about it, it hasn't changed my life, and it is no better than, for example, the real deal Laura Geller concealer. It is a good concealer, but going by the reviews I was expecting it to be more. I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting, but I did think I would use it the first time and go 'wow'. I didn't. I am a huge fan of Tarte make up, and I will continue to buy from QVC and from the Tarte website, just not sure I would buy this again. Maybe I got the wrong shade. Maybe I should've gone a bit lighter.

Franks suggests wearing the Tarte concealer (assuming she means Shape Tape having told us how huge it is...10ml FFS!) then put the Twinkle powders on top! Who in their right mind would do this?

I've had the shape tape in and out of my basket every time they restock it, but £32 for 10 ml is insane! OK you get the Beauty Blender-type sponge (which looks too large), but wouldn't this just soak up load of product or remove much of the product you've applied from your undereye? Every time I have to give myself a talking to and dump it out of my basket. The endless requests for this on Facebook are whipping up a frenzy and selling the product for QVC. Not forgetting the ebay sellers asking even sillier prices for 10ml....did I mention it's only 10ml?

Anyone rate this concealer? Is it better than the rest? Or is it all hype? I'm genuinely interested if this turns out to be the holy grail of concealers.

Just turned over to have a peek but didn't get very far, hearing Chloe Everton and her market stall shouting, had to turn straight back over.

Latest posts

Back