Alpha-H TSV 27/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The stuff that works for anti-ageing, long term, will always cause some trauma to the skin in the short term. It's a tradeoff between looking irritated and flakey for a while or having no discernable positive result. Retinols, acids, lasers and microneedling, etc., all need to stress the skin to provide cell turnover and collagen production. Anything gentle won't do anything but make folk feel nice. Rubbing collagen on the skin is a waste of time as the molecules are too large to be absorbed; it has to be shocked into production by chemical or physical trauma. (One tip with any of the retinol derivatives is to ensure the face is bone dry. Wait a good 20 minutes after washing as it doesn't play nice with moisture.)

I love acids. I am galloping through a carefully squirreled-away Prai facial peel with lactic acid and salicylic acid. It is fantastic for reducing scarring on recent blemishes. I've been using it on face and body to excellent effect. Unfortunately I think I will have to get it from the USA.

Shame QVC don't do the Prassentials range any more.

The stuff that works for anti-ageing, long term, will always cause some trauma to the skin in the short term. It's a tradeoff between looking irritated and flakey for a while or having no discernable positive result. Retinols, acids, lasers and microneedling, etc., all need to stress the skin to provide cell turnover and collagen production. Anything gentle won't do anything but make folk feel nice. Rubbing collagen on the skin is a waste of time as the molecules are too large to be absorbed; it has to be shocked into production by chemical or physical trauma. (One tip with any of the retinol derivatives is to ensure the face is bone dry. Wait a good 20 minutes after washing as it doesn't play nice with moisture.)

Still on the auto del so can re try when hopefully system less allergic for the moment having good results with the LG.

I think one has to be very careful with the serum as it is quite strong.

I have never tried Alpha H read how brilliant it is but cannot use acids on my skin. Rosacea which is a PITA, the weird thing on my part is I do not have instant reaction sometimes, can be months!! I was given Sunday Riley Good Genes two good size samples tried loved no reaction skin so smooth. Bought a full size and all well until I was half way down the full bottle and suddenly I started get angry red lumps(not spots) on my face. Was told to stop using as it was the Good Genes and sadly it was, as I stopped using for a few months and then tried again same result but instantly this time.

As maymorganlondon says rose can really cause reactions, it does on me. No way is it a gentle ingredient and suitable for sensitive skin. I have said a few times to the manager of my local Elemis counter I cannot use rose in anything. She was giving me a sample of an Elemis oil with rose and insisted rose oil was fine. Er no, and no I do not get an instant reaction as she insisted if my skin does not like it. The funny part was she broke out from the same oil.

elemis, decleor, clariins, liz earle all the spa brands i avoid. even a lot of super drug gives me millia so i don't use that much either. love perricone no essential oils so suits me.

I love Elemis PCMC, but can't use some of their other products. When pro radiance cleanser was launched, I tried it and had an awful reaction to it. My face swelled up and was red and sore, had to go to the doctor the next morning. It settled after a week on strong anti histamines and cool water bathing. The problem is, my skin has been left sensitised to things I could previously use, so have to be careful. Donna mentioned rose, I had a sample of rose exfoliator, had used it ages ago and fine, now my skin reacted to it, no swelling just red and a bit sore with a few lumpy spots, same with their cleansing balm. I've now given up on Elemis, even though PCMC contains rose , I can use it.

I can now use LE cleanse & polish, the new watered down version suits my skin, where the old version did not.

We all have to be aware that we can develop sensitivities over time, even outright allergies. None of us can rely on always being able to use products.... Manufacturers reformulate, and our physiologies change. If any of us get a new reaction, we not only have to think of what we might have obviously changed, but also consider changes may take place which are not obvious.

We have to be so vigilant... But our skin is the largest organ in the human body, and we can cause long-term damage before we become savvy on the risks we run. Looking after ourselves is hard work and an ongoing effort!

Much as I like original LG I am not getting on at all with the rose version. It gives a sting not a tingle on my skin. Instant redness, and me slapping a moisturising toner and facial oil over it pronto. When your skin feels sore, that's not a good thing, in my book. I've not tried the serum or cream yet, so reserve judgement on the rest of the tsv.

you don't have to traumatise your skin in the hope of looking younger imo. if i get spots i stop using the said item immediately. if in the case of retinol dry talking sore skin i stop. tbh i have good skin. no lines as such. and the clarity is good because i do use glyolics. so why push it.

another issue is companies using smell and scented natural oils that are toxic to say a line is luxurious when none of the ingredients actually benefit the skin.

sadly it looks as if alpha h have shot themselves in the foot. it would make me seriously think twice before buying their newer products. if it aint broke don't fix it

It looks like she's been on the barbecue for too long - surprised we can't see the griddle lines.

Think she's aspiring to this

tan-mom-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back