QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So the QVC Facebook page is blowing up. A few Stans trying to put their fingers in the dam, but being outnumbered by the outraged. So, of course, a few saying but you can wash and wear for 30 days and it is pointed out that that is the 30day money back which is totally different!

Oh, I do hope you noticed the comment in the show which is being taken up on the Facebook page.

You have 14 days to notify the company you are returning. But, another 14 days to actually return!

Loads of very angry people on Facebook a few of I am not bothered:wonder::wonder:

Just watched the programme although it doesn’t mention QVC at the beginning you could easily miss it, I didn’t watch it all just the QVC bit, turns out QVC are you giving you just an extra two days than the law states anyway, wow!

It was interesting to hear how much money the Q makes & to see the Hermes sorting warehouse, I did wonder if anything ever slips off that massive conveyor, like Gwen's bike in 'Arthur Christmas'. However, what stood out the most was the fact that the woman who approached the programme automatically said that she'd use any p&p refund she received to buy more goods from the Q.

also the amount of money QVC make in profits on their postage costs that are never ever capper's. super shoppers could do a series on that alone

My understanding has always been that if you want to use the 14 day right of return (DSR and current CCR) the item must be unused.
When I have used this, I always sent an email informing them that I was returning under the DSR but I'm ashamed to say I don't think I ever checked if the postage from Q to me was refunded. I don't think I've ever had anything I've had delivered home and taken an instant "hell no!" dislike to when I opened the blue bag since the CCR came in.
The most recent returns I've had have all been of the "Hermes didn't have a driver for the delivery route so returned the package to Q" variety, so nobody even attempted a delivery.

I think that QVC will now introduce a lot more FREE POSTAGE !!!!

Of course, it won't actually be free, but will be hidden and built into the price of the items.

Then, they will not have to refund any postage, as you APPARENTLY haven't paid any (but they have still charged you)

Of course, it won't actually be free, but will be hidden and built into the price of the items.

Then, they will not have to refund any postage, as you APPARENTLY haven't paid any (but they have still charged you)

Absolutely spot on. I bet the introducing of “free postage” will be for the items sent direct from suppliers who, guess what? don’t charge postage anyway. QVC are a bunch of crafty, devious gits.

Hopefully this is the right thread to post this.

I logged into my QVC account via the app, to check whether something had been dispatched and the whole page was blank with a message saying that there were no orders. I then logged on via a search engine and got the same message.

I've just rung CS to get the dispatch date of the product I was trying to check and asked her why my account was showing no orders. She said the site was being updated, so I asked if this was due to the P&P fiasco and she said "possibly."

So if anyone logs in and finds that none of their orders are showing then that's probably the reason why.

I logged into my QVC account via the app, to check whether something had been dispatched and the whole page was blank with a message saying that there were no orders. I then logged on via a search engine and got the same message.

I've just rung CS to get the dispatch date of the product I was trying to check and asked her why my account was showing no orders. She said the site was being updated, so I asked if this was due to the P&P fiasco and she said "possibly."

So if anyone logs in and finds that none of their orders are showing then that's probably the reason why.

Yep my account says the same!!

Yes, I saw that coming too.

Mine are still visible, including the random one from 2016 that's now appearing on the first page - how does that happen? They really are a shambles.

They won’t actually gain from this though, will they? Customers will get all their money back on unused returns under CCR whether it was £30 plus £4.95 P&P or £34.95 free postage. And free P&P is worse for QVC when items are returned under the 30 day MBG because you aren’t entitled to a P&P refund on those anyway so the customer gets every penny they paid back even if they’ve used it. In fact, customers may be more likely to return things they’ve tried, knowing they won’t lose the original P&P. Or am I missing something? (I didn’t sleep well!)

They won’t actually gain from this though, will they? Customers will get all their money back on unused returns under CCR whether it was £30 plus £4.95 P&P or £34.95 free postage. And free P&P is worse for QVC when items are returned under the 30 day MBG because you aren’t entitled to a P&P refund on those anyway so the customer gets every penny they paid back even if they’ve used it. In fact, customers may be more likely to return things they’ve tried, knowing they won’t lose the original P&P. Or am I missing something? (I didn’t sleep well!)

You are correct Andi :mysmilie_12:

Yes, I agree.

My logic was wrong, I am trying to think of an excuse lol.

I've only returned items that were faulty or did not match the descriptions, sometimes because of lies during the presentations. So they were all free returns and full refunds of my initial postage.

Yes, I agree.

My logic was wrong, I am trying to think of an excuse lol.

I've only returned items that were faulty or did not match the descriptions, sometimes because of lies during the presentations. So they were all free returns and full refunds of my initial postage.

I must admit I did think it was a good prediction at first as it sounded like exactly the sort of thing QVC would do to make out they were being generous while ripping us off. I still think they may use, as they have used before, the trick of charging that bit more over and above what the postage would be when they offer free P&P (ie £37.98 with free P&P instead of £32 plus £3.95).

You have become cynical with QVC, that’s all, having seen how sly they can be. I leapt to conclusions based on what I know of them myself, when I said QVC would ignore the programme about their bad refund practices. Whoops - got that one wrong!

I hope they’ve got top-notch IT staff to ensure the data is restored properly in full. It could be so easy to delete it all by mistake.

My orders go back to July 2018. I think this proves I am not due a refund (and I'm not). Maybe they have downloaded others' to do the maths. Mind you, they could have copied them!!! I hope mine don't vanish because I have a YC and a Shay and Blue auto delivery. If they go away I can't see Q managing to restore them correctly, given what we know of their systems!

They could get round the issue of refunding postage by capping postage or only charging one postage for say several versions (size/colour) of one item. You can only claim postage of ALL the order is returned.

My orders go back to July 2018. I think this proves I am not due a refund (and I'm not). Maybe they have downloaded others' to do the maths. Mind you, they could have copied them!!! I hope mine don't vanish because I have a YC and a Shay and Blue auto delivery. If they go away I can't see Q managing to restore them correctly, given what we know of their systems!

Do screen shots, Mazza. I do that for most of my orders now, a copy of the confirmation of order so I can see what I’ve ordered (which shade, etc, price and whether easy pays, auto deliveries, etc) and when. I’ve lost a page from My Orders since I last looked recently. Now back to summer 2018 like you.

Latest posts

Back