Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Coughs! So as I have said numerous time we have a Xmas market here every year and the Soap Man as I call him comes. He is originally from Belfast but lives in France and makes pure vegetal soaps and I buy(I actually have enough to last until next year as I doubt there will be a market this year) anyway he comes over and has a stall for soaps, lavender products etc. They are the size of the L'Occitane bath soaps.

Every year I buy the goat's milk and the Asses Milk soaps. I joked with him many years ago about the asses milk and he told there is a woman with a herd of asses near his home in France which are kept for their milk. All used in locally made soaps and bath milk.

Oh, you do not use milk from a donkey they are different. The other years they were labelled Donkey Milk and I joked was he tired of the asses milk jokes? He told me you don't use it from donkeys and said it was his wife who had done the labelling. The next year it was back to the Asses Milk.

I know this is going to sound weird 😳 but I never buy any kind of milk as I drink tea and coffee black, nor do I eat cereal for breakfast. I do buy a small bottle if I know someone’s coming round for a coffee (although that hasn’t happened since March) and I give them the remainder of the bottle to take home, rather than tipping it away. If anyone just “drops in” they know I don’t have milk so often bring their own in a lock and lock or similar.

So ..... as I don’t drink it, the thought of bathing/showering in any form of milk (cow’s, donkey’s, sheep’s, gnat’s or whatever) puts me right off.

I don’t know if anyone here has bought this, but I’ve just seen a photo of the “before” and “after” results. 😳 Even if this product had interested me then those photos would have stopped me purchasing it because the “before” photos were better than the “after“ ones.

Many years ago the Body Shop did a powder milk bath, you mixed the powder with the hot bathwater. It did make your skin really soft and silky.

I know people who said you could do the same with Marvel powder milk. :unsure:

I used to bath in Nido milk powder (bit of a waste really as it's nicer than Marvel) and an old pop sock filled with oats (saves mess and clogged drains - also works with bath bombs that have petals etc.). It really helped my psoriasis. I'd also bath in bicarb that I'd put a few drops of essential oil whenever I had cystitis. Both recommendations of my lovely old GP. He advised peeing in the bath with bicarb in - something to do with the urethra valve. It always made me feel better.

possible one for november

Gatineau Hydra Aura Hydrating Glow Sleeping Mask 75ml

Attachments

• tdesdtgest.jpg
    tdesdtgest.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 142
I used to bath in Nido milk powder (bit of a waste really as it's nicer than Marvel) and an old pop sock filled with oats (saves mess and clogged drains - also works with bath bombs that have petals etc.). It really helped my psoriasis. I'd also bath in bicarb that I'd put a few drops of essential oil whenever I had cystitis. Both recommendations of my lovely old GP. He advised peeing in the bath with bicarb in - something to do with the urethra valve. It always made me feel better.

I always, always get out of the bath to pee ...:ROFLMAO:

Beauty Pick of the Month November

Gatineau Hydra Aura Eclat De Soie Sleeping Masque 75ml £30.98 Delivered

Supersize of the Month November

Molton Brown 2 Piece Supersize Luxury Bodywash Set 500ml £39.98 + post

Beauty Steal

Laura Geller Prep n Go Duo Lip Kit £25 Delivered

Beauty Steal

Is the molton a good buy, llloyd? Is it poss to do ml for ml on Jumbo sizes?
Brain not working due to Haribo hangover....

Beauty Steal

is the Molton Brown 500ml £35 each that seems a lot

Latest posts

Back