QVC profits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm diabetic & can not get my Victoza/Liraglutide Ozempic is also out of stock at ALL the pharmacists
I've mentioned on here before that Mr CC cannot get Victoza for diabetes and hasn't been able to get it for months. He had to start taking insulin (overseen by GP and clinic). None of the pharmacies in the Borders can get Victoza apparently. Where's it all going? To people that don't actually need to lose weight probably but they think they do. Hope you get sorted Gooner.

CC

I've mentioned on here before that Mr CC cannot get Victoza for diabetes and hasn't been able to get it for months. He had to start taking insulin (overseen by GP and clinic). None of the pharmacies in the Borders can get Victoza apparently. Where's it all going? To people that don't actually need to lose weight probably but they think they do. Hope you get sorted Gooner.

CC
Thank you I also am on Tresiba 200 insulin

Is there a date they have given you when it will be available?
No they don't have any idea when it will be available Diabetes clinic just say to keep waiting

No they don't have any idea when it will be available Diabetes clinic just say to keep waiting
Hubby has been waiting for certain eye drops for over 8 months and they've no idea if/when they'll get them.
Luckily he can get the Hycosan in Boots.
I'm sorry but I don't think a medication for diabetes should be able to be given to people who want to lose weight.

Thankfully I’m not diabetic but diabetics should 100% have priority over people trying to lose weight. Diabetics need their medication! Those who want to be slimmer should try a healthy diet, smaller portions, no snacking in between meals and exercise before opting to use medication (unless the doctors specifically prescribes it if their health is compromised.. That no doubt sounds very harsh but on the top of the list of people who need this kind of medication are diabetics.

My heart goes out to those of you who can’t get the required medication at the moment because it’s being handed out elsewhere. I hope things improve for you soon.

CC

just awful reason

Why is there a shortage of Victoza?

Unable to scale up its manufacturing fast enough to meet the spiraling demand for its GLP-1 weight loss products, Novo Nordisk is employing a new strategy—reducing production of diabetes drug Victoza to make more Ozempic.

It has been rumoured that the Victoza drug is being sold off first to private clinics before the NHS. Private clinics are probably paying the pharma companies more money and then they charge their private clients a wad. Sadly I believe it's all down to money in the end and stuff the folk that need the drugs to stay alive. God, actually this really pisses me off. It's too close to home for me. If Mr CC doesn't get the right drugs his condition gets worse and worse but hey, who cares? As long as the Tik Tockers can stay slim to do their inane BS on social meeja.

CC

It has been rumoured that the Victoza drug is being sold off first to private clinics before the NHS. Private clinics are probably paying the pharma companies more money and then they charge their private clients a wad. Sadly I believe it's all down to money in the end and stuff the folk that need the drugs to stay alive. God, actually this really pisses me off. It's too close to home for me. If Mr CC doesn't get the right drugs his condition gets worse and worse but hey, who cares? As long as the Tik Tockers can stay slim to do their inane BS on social meeja.

CC

thats even worse but what happens when you allow one company a patent and drugs should be on a licensing basis ... so another company can supply the demand and pay a few per box to Novo and novo still make cash ... Novo are total sharks in the insulin/diabetes world and those fat reducing drugs are just appetite suppressants ..

I have read some articles where folk have lost the weight, come off the drug and then piled the weight back on with more on top. Also some people have bought fakes and made themselves really ill or they have been allergic to something in the drug. People are buying it online without it being prescribed by a doctor. Could be a dangerous game.

CC

I have read some articles where folk have lost the weight, come off the drug and then piled the weight back on with more on top. Also some people have bought fakes and made themselves really ill or they have been allergic to something in the drug. People are buying it online without it being prescribed by a doctor. Could be a dangerous game.

CC

totally because eventually you are off them and appetite returns and if you don't change habits it comes back on and more.

Remeber the prog about fastest weight gains started in US then here - biggest loser or something ?

well US authorities did a study of the US contestants and yes majority put weight back on and more ... the pills are only good as a temp measure. then you have extremes like stomach stapling etc.

I returned four parcels two weeks ago to different Companies. All scanned in and refunded apart from QVC which is not even showing as received yet. I am not surprised but it is a joke.
I think it's hit and miss. I returned something and had a refund from Q within a week, which I have to say was pretty speedy for them.

CC

I think back when Q were able to push the narrative of "interest free" purchasing via Easy Pay coupled with the no quibble return policy, made many things attractive to folk - for the last few years there have been an increasing amount of other players in that space allowing installment based purchsing - which coupled with other discounts, or such services being applied to outlets - mean Q isnt always "the best deal" anymore. Changing viewing habits of society also play into it, not to much demographic behaviours I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back