Elemis Old Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think you're right as I previously had a stash where things must have been years old or gone out of date and I've still used them but when you're buying an expensive brand like Elemis it's nice to know which items you need to use first as they have the shortest shelf life. Surely active ingredients will be less effective if products have gone out of date or are close to it. It seems underhand somehow to charge high prices without disclosing a product was made 3 years ago.

CC
Paying for premium skincare and then finding its old stock does make you feel cheated.
But I also do think that if we didn’t know the dates we would just use common sense and use the product unless it smelt or Looked funny. The one good thing to come out of this sorry saga, is that I am no longer stockpiling, no matter how good a deal it is. Unless I’m going to use it in the next six months, I won’t buy it.

I thought the old stock issue was just products sold on Q not elemis direct. That's really disappointing. That's me done with the brand.
I also recall the small medicinal bottle of olive oil we always had in the cupboard for a few ailments, never thought i would end up buying fancy types and putting it on salads and pasta dishes!
It’s very disappointing. Sadly the PCMC is the best face cream I’ve ever used, but I will only be buying what I need when I need it.

My mum put olive oil on her skin and sunbathed.

QVC will shift thousands more products than Elemis sell on counters or direct. So of course products will set longer on the shelves.
And if they sit longer on the shelves, it's up to Elemis to shift them, maybe to - QVC? If so, it's a vicious circle: QVC offers good deals, people buy there so Elemis shops have stockpiles which go to QVC ...

One winner there - guess who.

This is happening with L’Occitane on QVC too. Just before Christmas I bought a set of three hand washes at a very good price. However, when I checked the batch codes the products had been made in March 2021 and so were almost 3 years old by the time they arrived.

From now on, I’ll only buy the latest L’Occitane ranges at QVC - at least then I’ll know the stock is new.

Latest posts

Back