Enough is enough.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Be interesting if you get more 'comeback' from them over the ASA etc. Keep updated, thanks ;)

The ASA are toothless - so I'm taking this matter further this time.

I've just referred todays sales pitch to the ASA, the NAJ, and I've also written a long email to Which! Magazine about todays claims, plus details of all the other referrals that the ASA have given warnings for. Although Which! Magazine don't have any powers, they can put pressure on to retailers and governing bodies if they feel that customers have been duped.

The relevant Trading Standards page was down earlier - but as soon as that becomes active again, a referral to TS will also be submitted.

The ASA are toothless - so I'm taking this matter further this time.

I've just referred todays sales pitch to the ASA, the NAJ, and I've also written a long email to Which! Magazine about todays claims, plus details of all the other referrals that the ASA have given warnings for. Although Which! Magazine don't have any powers, they can put pressure on to retailers and governing bodies if they feel that customers have been duped.

The relevant Trading Standards page was down earlier - but as soon as that becomes active again, a referral to TS will also be submitted.

need I ask, how about your local MP ?

Toby was on last night shilling some cbd bath oil, gungy looking orange stuff. He was reading out and showing testimonials from various people and they weren’t about the actual item he was selling. He was reading one out which went on to say that it tasted good! He took that down quickly lol. Also Hattie declared that because it’s got some cbd in it that it’s very relaxing. That’s called the power of suggestion or as I say the placebo effect. I do understand that some people swear by it but to me it’s ALL by suggestion, snake oil.

Toby was on last night shilling some cbd bath oil, gungy looking orange stuff. He was reading out and showing testimonials from various people and they weren’t about the actual item he was selling. He was reading one out which went on to say that it tasted good! He took that down quickly lol. Also Hattie declared that because it’s got some cbd in it that it’s very relaxing. That’s called the power of suggestion or as I say the placebo effect. I do understand that some people swear by it but to me it’s ALL by suggestion, snake oil.

Gemporia have their faults, but on this one, I disagree. CBD oil is actually very good for a number of ailments and is proven to work. Unlike Lynn's 'healing stones' - now that one is totally different - that IS a load of absolute guff.

EDIT: Just noticed you were talking about CBD bath oils. Yes, I'm cynical about CBD in that form too - but certainly ingesting CBD orally is very good, and I'm totally for it.

I suffer with Eczema too - and I did use some CBD hand cream once. I found it to be VERY effective.

Last edited:
This was an excellent idea the other day. Thank you.

The NAJ are taking this seriously and have begun an investigation, in particular, as to why non-Jade items are being referred to as Jade (Serpentine, Maw-Sit-Sit and Quartzite).

I'll keep everyone posted.
No, Thank you!. You do a lot of work on this site and I know very little about any of it! So its,always good to read your views and learn. Thank you.

They’re currently calling the dull greenish jadeite ‘Peacock Blue’ but it’s nothing of the sort. I can’t see any blue. It’s apparently also an exquisite’ artwork’, an incredible opportunity’,’a generational acquisition’!! What utter rubbish they spout.

Gemporia have their faults, but on this one, I disagree. CBD oil is actually very good for a number of ailments and is proven to work. Unlike Lynn's 'healing stones' - now that one is totally different - that IS a load of absolute guff.

EDIT: Just noticed you were talking about CBD bath oils. Yes, I'm cynical about CBD in that form too - but certainly ingesting CBD orally is very good, and I'm totally for it.

I suffer with Eczema too - and I did use some CBD hand cream once. I found it to

I suffer with Eczema too - and I did use some CBD hand cream once. I found it to be VERY effective.
I agree, I can only recount my lived experience, but Primal's prebiotic has been life changing for me. Genuinely. I have tried everything to deal with my digestion problems and this is the only thing has worked in my 40 odd years of trying!

They’re currently calling the dull greenish jadeite ‘Peacock Blue’ but it’s nothing of the sort. I can’t see any blue. It’s apparently also an exquisite’ artwork’, an incredible opportunity’,’a generational acquisition’!! What utter rubbish they spout.
I think it's safe to say that the person that colour graded all the Jadeite is colour blind, because it all looks either barely-there green or pigeon s**t grey to me.

Latest posts

Back