Somebody please buy Adina a dictionary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's such a shame, because when there is a colour shift, the flashes of reds and greens are very attractive indeed, just like when a clean white diamond shows flashes of different colours as you move the stone. But I think by the time they were selling Csarite their quality was already beginning to get 'iffy': if you were fortunate, you still received something fully as described and worth the money, but all too often this wasn't the case (as in the case of your piece) - and as an aside, the metal weights had also begun to get thinner. My Csarite ring was bought years ago, is a bright, clear 'champagne' colour stone and I've worn it a lot and been happy with it, but sadly, since then, the whole Gemporia scene has changed and this is why I don't buy today - I would not feel confident that what I received would be anywhere near the same quality described on screen.

Sad state of affairs because I used to buy from Gemporia and be very pleased with the items when they arrived, but that all changed - and after receiving a couple of items that were nothing like the quality of the description and both of them needed to be sent back, it put me off buying any more.
I know what you mean I stopped buying also

This is why the quality is poor. Profit. Administrative Expenses are Director wages basically.
Holy moly.
Admin Expenses in 2022 were nearly 4x the bottom line profit figure. £22m to the directors and £6m in the bank.
Doesn't quite seem sustainable for a business that's dealing with relatively expensive "raw materials"/inputs.

Then in 2023 there's £10m less in top line sales figures, £3m less in directors wages, yet less than £300k on the bottom line.
Even if you ignored the redundancy payouts it would only be £1m in the bank.

No wonder they're hawking clones of items you can get on Temu!

This is why the quality is poor. Profit. Administrative Expenses are Director wages basically.

Surely 'Administrative Costs' would include call centre staff too?

I'm not an accountant - but I thought it was fairly common in the business world for directors to take a relatively low salary, and then take the bulk of their income in dividends, because it minimises their tax bill legally?

That's such a shame, because when there is a colour shift, the flashes of reds and greens are very attractive indeed,...
I remember watching a Rocks & Co Zultanite show. They showed a photo sent in by a customer, taken in the car on her mobile 'phone of a ring on her hand. Considering that this was early days for 'phone camera technology and all the issues with cameras not being able to pick up quite everything your eyes can see, the Zultanite was a stunner.

I still might take a punt on a GC Csarite one day and have it set but deciding which cut, what colour shade and what size will not leave me disappointed is a tough one. 🤷‍♂️

Surely 'Administrative Costs' would include call centre staff too?

I'm not an accountant - but I thought it was fairly common in the business world for directors to take a relatively low salary, and then take the bulk of their income in dividends, because it minimises their tax bill legally?
You're better informed than me no name. I reckon you're right. Anything to pay less tax, hence final profit on the report is less.

I bought into the hype too.

One of the most disappointing rings in my jewellery box. A "dirty" yellowish body colour with the merest hint of a colour shift. Crap baguette cut diamonds on the shoulders too.

This was back when they were sending Lynne and Adina to the mine. So I wasn't in the habit of returning items back then.

(I'm a more savvy shopper these days).
Who was the lady with Lynn & Adina at the Csarite mine? She was looking for a piece of Csarite to set into a ring. Was that Mirabelle?

On a cruise to Scandinavia for the next fortnight, but this caught my eye on today’s program
IMG_8573.jpeg

Latest posts

Back