Glen Campbell is a bit of a fraud - discuss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even tv reporters say "train station" yes it is, but for me it's railway station ! and I never reach out, I get in touch with. So there.
I've always just called it the station for trains, terminus for buses. If it's a sweater it's a man's jumper,maybe it's regional,I don't know.

Would love to know how on earth a fringe became bangs!
Cookie instead of biscuit is Dutch origin vs French origin (and then those mad scamps call biscuits what we’d probably call scones or dumplings…
Noodles for spaghetti.

For a few years, in the early 2000’s, I worked at my university in the summers on a residential course for American teenagers

The tales I could tell! 😳

But I’ll never forget the course director repeatedly instructing us group leaders ahead of various coach day trips “to shag the kids down the bus”…!

We would all try to keep straight faces! At first I really had no idea what she actually wanted us to do!

For a few years, in the early 2000’s, I worked at my university in the summers on a residential course for American teenagers

The tales I could tell! 😳

But I’ll never forget the course director repeatedly instructing us group leaders ahead of various coach day trips “to shag the kids down the bus”…!

We would all try to keep straight faces! At first I really had no idea what she actually wanted us to do!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Noodles for spaghetti.
I always think that noodles is much more general. Long pasta is a form of noodles (spaghetti, buccatini, linguine, fettuccine, vermicelli...), but so are soba and udon, and any of the other asian long shapes... and the long shapes used in eastern Europe, or elsewhere in the world.
I'd never call pasta shapes like farfalle or penne etc noodles. Length is necessary for noodles imo.

Years ago I was in the USA and went in for breakfast, ordered sausage, bacon and egg and then the waitress asked if we wanted a biscuit with it? My ex husband really wondered why you'd eat a chocolate digestive with your bacon :LOL: :LOL: I do like the Americans, they are so funny and they don't even know it.

CC

he seems to think that every jacket/coat is 'a perfect little jacket for those weekends away" as though that's all QVC viewers ever do, spend their weekends jetting to Paris.
When it's more likely to be doing the weekly shop in Croydon.
I noticed that Glen as well as other presenters always talk about weekends away, weddings, parties etc and very rarely describe the garment they are talking about is suitable to wear on an ordinary day which most people have, or is it just me? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, if Glen can come up with some clothes that repel mud and dog hair, some snazzy gilets (cos I live and die in them) and shoes that don't leak, I may be interested! Yes, I'd love to look like Audrey Hepburn and jet off to Paree in my little pump and a nice white tee, but the reality is somewhat more mundane, i.e. getting dirt out of light things, dog hair off dark things, trying to 'age' gracefully without looking like frump of the month, despairing of ever finding a pair of jeans that fit, wondering what happened to my waist, and really really NOT wanting to look like a polyester clad sofa ☀️
Absolutely love this post xxxx I wish Glen would cater for us every day people who don’t wear white Ts because we are up to our eyeballs in every day chores!

I like Glenn. The only bit that I can’t identify with is when he says an outfit has a certain vibe or tells a story. 🤔 I must be missing out because I buy clothes to wear, not to tell stories or give out vibes. 😳
I agree, it’s all about being totally absorbed with self when he talks, we are not manakins in a shop window, we aren’t high society, we aren’t all about ourselves. Please come down to earth and speak to us real people. It’s like you think we all live in fairyland 🤣🤣🤣

Well so my other half thinks.So what do you think ? is Glen as much as of a fashion guru as he thinks he is ?
No he isn’t. He’s getting money for nothing.

I don’t think he or the presenters travel by public transport. If they did, they’d avoid light colours or coats that don’t do up. I bet they haven’t stood out in the pouring rain or snow waiting for a bus that doesn’t turn up. Or having to pay for a light coloured coat to be cleaned as it’s got filthy on the train.

I don’t think he or the presenters travel by public transport. If they did, they’d avoid light colours or coats that don’t do up. I bet they haven’t stood out in the pouring rain or snow waiting for a bus that doesn’t turn up. Or having to pay for a light coloured coat to be cleaned as it’s got filthy on the train.
They won't travel into Q wearing what they are going to wear on air, they will change when they arrive.

I think most of the presenters don't have a single clue what life is like for us viewers. How can that Anoushka woman ever have worn her PJ's under her jeans and coat when taking the dog out first thing on a winter morning and it's too cold to get dressed? Has Charlie ever stood at a bus stop in freezing weather trying to get to work when there's a strike on? Has Jackie Kabler ever gone on holiday to Saltcoats? I doubt it.

CC

I think most of the presenters don't have a single clue what life is like for us viewers. How can that Anoushka woman ever have worn her PJ's under her jeans and coat when taking the dog out first thing on a winter morning and it's too cold to get dressed? Has Charlie ever stood at a bus stop in freezing weather trying to get to work when there's a strike on? Has Jackie Kabler ever gone on holiday to Saltcoats? I doubt it.

CC
The 'Anoushka woman' gets on my nerves. She flogs the most atrociously ugly garden statues, often saying that you would see similar on the grounds of a stately home! She must be laughing her head off when she gets off air that she carried off such hypocrisy successfully and the items sold out! I send her a big, fat, spluttery raspberry.

CC
The 'Anoushka woman' gets on my nerves. She flogs the most atrociously ugly garden statues, often saying that you would see similar on the grounds of a stately home! She must be laughing her head off when she gets off air that she carried off such hypocrisy successfully and the items sold out! I send her a big, fat, spluttery raspberry.
I think Anouska is actually a bit of a wannabe. I don't buy that 'North London Banker's Wife' routine she's got going. Her accent also slips every now and again - almost imperceptibly, but it still does. She might not want you to know it, but she pops into Asda to get a bag of Doritoes so she can sit down and watch Britain's Got Talent on her giant television. I don't know why she's ashamed of being, well, normal.

Years ago I was in the USA and went in for breakfast, ordered sausage, bacon and egg and then the waitress asked if we wanted a biscuit with it? My ex husband really wondered why you'd eat a chocolate digestive with your bacon :LOL: :LOL: I do like the Americans, they are so funny and they don't even know it.

CC
I got a bit confused by breakfast biscuits when I first went out there.

However, my tastebuds were not at all confused at the first bite of pancakes (pancakes?! Drop scones!), bacon and maple syrup 😋

Which reminds me of my schooldays when a Marks & Spencer Breakaway-type biscuit sarnie at a friend's house, made with sliced white spread lavishly with St. Ivel Gold and made by my friend's nan's fair hands was a treat of the highest order.

I'm still a lover of weird combinations like wafer ham rolled around a salt & vinegar Pringle or a Kit Kat.

Latest posts

Back