On Trend...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tizzy

Registered Shopper
If I hear that phrase again I am going to hang myself with a polyester, sorry, comfort fit K&C dress.

Who uses 'on trend' in normal conversation? Grrrr...

If I hear that phrase again I am going to hang myself with a polyester, sorry, comfort fit K&C dress.

Or fashion forward, what the heck does that mean?

Maybe all presenters/guests are given a QVC phrase book with approved phrases and they get points for using the most in any given combination?

You'd better not watch any of the MoiraC shows on IW. She uses it every second sentence.

:17:OMG I saw a show today and the model had emerald green crop trousers with the most hideous print top which had tulips on it....but I have to agree Mrs J, the leopard jungle crops have to be amongst the top 10 shopping tv "fashion" crimes EVER :52:

Just back for the US and have to admit to watching a bit of QVC in the bedroom of a morning whilst languishing in our 8 foot bed partaking of a cup of coffee and the presenters used those very same phrases, 'on trend' and 'woman of age'.

It has to be said that they had nothing much different from our sad sack offerings in the UK, in fact you would have bet money that it was QVC UK if you had read the Tv guide.
Dell, Susan Graver, Joan Rivers, Diamonique,Quacker Factory ad nauseum.....................

Apart from hating " on trend" phrase, dress up and dress down really gets my goat!

piper

ditto

my DD loves using "well cool", that's on par with "on trend" & "dress it up and dress it down". The use of these phrases makes my blood way past "well cool".:32:

I know I'm getting on a bit so I'm definately not "on trend" myself.

Lets not forget the "little white T shirt" - Glen will be furious if we miss that one out !

AND AND AND Jill Frankenstein's (I love whoever thought that one up) "proving to be very popular" agggggggh !

i suspect woman of age is a pc as women of colour, i fall into both groups and it grips me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i suspect woman of age is a pc as women of colour, i fall into both groups and it grips me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am small/short. Not petite, diminutive or thank heaven not in any way challenged except by the top shelf in supermarkets.

I am also not as a SA in a store once termed me in what she I assume believed was a PC phrase a half caste (She also said my eyes are too dark wtf?):12:

Latest posts

Back