Friday 18th September - Boycott QVC Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I won't be buying anything from Basso. However, if I fancy something on another show on that day, I will buy as usual. Can't see why other suppliers should miss out just because they happen to be on air on the 18th.

I'm in. As Yolanda says, if it starts to affect sales across the board, maybe Qvc will have a rethink. Sadly, the only thing that seems to talk in the business world is money.

oook. we won't buy basso (or anything else) on the 18th, we will the rest of the year. it is not qvc that needs to get the message, it is the customers. wanna play 'lobbyist'? let's do it properly then. this 'collateral damage', 'never mind' attitude is soooo dennis basso...just a thought.

true, Yo. i find it more sensible, if customers stop buying classy basso altogether and he b******s off for good. maybe he would migrate to IW and do a collaboration with Moira C. :giggle:

The Itsadeadthing ! Love to see the demo for that and Myra landing him one when he manhandles her

The Itsadeadthing ! Love to see the demo for that and Myra landing him one when he manhandles her

brilliant!!!! :giggle: i believe they would make great partners in business...and...you never know...:giggle:

Such great responses, I was thinking of printing this thread out and posting it to the MD of QVC; honestly I think they will be suprised how many of their regular customers hate Basso.

Hi Artemis - Thanks for the welcome. I'm finding it a bit scary at the moment but I do enjoy all the banter - now there's an old fashioned word.

Not sure why I have missed this thread but I'm in too !, the revolution starts here :flower:, perhaps if everyone boycotts the day then all the other suppliers on that day will also refuse to be on with DB too !.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE :wave2::angel::hi:

I agree with WS about it being unfair on other brands who may have their products featured on the same day but on the other hand, also agree with Iclaudipuss about it basically being a necessary evil to take such a stance!

As I know both the above would agree however, the 'casualties of war' approach is not one to be taken lightly, with a dismissive wave of the hand because yes, it is of course very relevant, particularly in these hard times but it is a known fact that 'money talks' & if it went anywhere towards encouraging QVC to at least begin to consider getting rid of this truly hideous excuse for a human being once & for all, it would surely be worth it?

Not sure how much of a difference simply boycotting DB's shows would be, judging by the amount of his tat in Clearance I'm wondering if he's quite as popular as QVC like to make out anyway?
However, there are actually very few named brands (only the hideous SPANX in fact!) featured on QVC that day, most are generic gem or fashion shows & QVC's own Northern Nights, so most of the 'collateral damage' would really only affect QVC itself!

I'm pretty sure other brands would soon start to object to his presence on QVC if that presence began to have a detrimental effect on their business but maybe that is the way to go, continuing to boycott entire days when any of his shows are featured?
The unfortunate SPANX get to be 'Admiral' first is all......"pour encourager les autres"!

for some reason, kitten, no matter what book we are reading, we end up on the same page. :)

Again, I go back to pure and simple economics. Big business only responds when the kerching sound suddenly goes quiet. They don't care whether we agree with their ethics or not, only with whether we part with our money or not. NO SALE, QVC, so lose the gravel voiced git from the stinking bowels of hell, or not, only you know how popular he really is, and whether it's worth alienating a substantial number of your customers. Don't take people's loyalty for granted, the internet has opened up the market for consumers in a way you don't seem to have cottoned onto yet.

Again, I go back to pure and simple economics. Big business only responds when the kerching sound suddenly goes quiet. They don't care whether we agree with their ethics or not, only with whether we part with our money or not. NO SALE, QVC, so lose the gravel voiced git from the stinking bowels of hell, or not, only you know how popular he really is, and whether it's worth alienating a substantial number of your customers. Don't take people's loyalty for granted, the internet has opened up the market for consumers in a way you don't seem to have cottoned onto yet.

love it, Yolanda! :giggle:

:10::40::7:

Pleeease dont shoot me, I didnt turn him on on purpose, honest, QVC has been running quietly in the background nearly all day while I read and played games on my netbook, but, he was on and really caused a stir by asking Alison Keenan and Sharon to turn round and show thier Fannies! :11: AK nearly had a heart attack told him he cant say that word and he said, 'what, you mean I cant say Fanny:11:?'. The discomfort was clear to see and it serves them right!

Pleeease dont shoot me, I didnt turn him on on purpose, honest, QVC has been running quietly in the background nearly all day while I read and played games on my netbook, but, he was on and really caused a stir by asking Alison Keenan and Sharon to turn round and show thier Fannies! :11: AK nearly had a heart attack told him he cant say that word and he said, 'what, you mean I cant say Fanny:11:?'. The discomfort was clear to see and it serves them right!

Yep, snap - I was in the middle of ironing when I switched on to see this incident...serves them all right ;) despite the fact it was the butcher, it was a very funny incident and he clearly hadn't a clue he'd just made a complete tit of himself.

Yep, snap - I was in the middle of ironing when I switched on to see this incident...serves them all right ;) despite the fact it was the butcher, it was a very funny incident and he clearly hadn't a clue he'd just made a complete tit of himself.

Yes, it was very funny, I have to say they keep going on about how long he has been coming over so you would have thought he would know whats what by now. I think he is just so sure of himself that he doesnt care!

Also hope that one day a TC with bottle will get through and 'tell it how it is' regarding his 'other trade':sad:

Not buying and also not even going to watch anything.
When I have seen this awful man he has made me feel ill with his catarrhy voice and I CANNOT BEAR the way the presenters fawn over him. He must load them up with pressies.

QVC will do anything to bring in the bucks.

Latest posts

Back