QVC Panel? What's that then?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have sent back a grand total of 1 item in about 4 years and ive never been picked for anything or recieve a xmas card!lol i dont spend huge amounts only really buy cosmetics and jewelery on occasion

I will say a random group of people chosen by computer but who just happen to spend shed loads at QVC. They are invited to depending on their spending habits to try out new products for QVC..

Probably the same people who get christmas cards and invites to things! I've never had anything off them (don't even get samples from them and probably won't now I rarely purchase anything!)

Probably the same people who get christmas cards and invites to things! I've never had anything off them (don't even get samples from them and probably won't now I rarely purchase anything!)

I dont get invited to events or xmas cards either.....:flower:

I've been a customer since the very first day and have spent more thousands than I care to think about. I've returned less than a dozen items in all those years and I've never received a thing - not even an invitation or money-off voucher but have heard many reports of the fun goings-on at QVC events.
I have no idea what you had to do to get an invitation but I had a good job and a bad spending habit and it never got me anywhere. These people must have been spending absolute fortunes. I wish there was some way of finding out, just to satisfy my curiosity!

I've been a customer since the very first day and have spent more thousands than I care to think about. I've returned less than a dozen items in all those years and I've never received a thing - not even an invitation or money-off voucher but have heard many reports of the fun goings-on at QVC events.
I have no idea what you had to do to get an invitation but I had a good job and a bad spending habit and it never got me anywhere. These people must have been spending absolute fortunes. I wish there was some way of finding out, just to satisfy my curiosity!

Hi Artemis..look at my comments on this thread please which are self explainatory, so its not as you seem to think it is:thinking2:...or are you just talking about events and cards ,gosh I'm getting really confused now, think I ned a cup of tea!

Hi Artemis..look at my comments on this thread please which are self explainatory, so its not as you seem to think it is:thinking2:...or are you just talking about events and cards ,gosh I'm getting really confused now, think I ned a cup of tea!

I'm just wondering aloud, Looby, don't take it to heart. As you saw, up there somewhere ^^, I agreed with you that people are too suspicious as to how they come by their testers. I was merely reflecting that I've never been invited to an event, or been otherwise rewarded for my patronage and I'm genuinely curious as to how those invitees are chosen.
Given where I live, I'm unlikely to be invited to anything anyway, these days. I hear telephone callers talking about various "dos" and wonder how thay know about them.

qvc are totally driven by the high spend mentality and you only get chosen for stuff like voucher codes,panel testing or customer events if you spend uber amounts with qvc.

they are totally fibbing when they say its random it obviously isn't.
they rely heavily on people who have an addiction to spending and others that are elderly or infirm or lonely..

its business and i like shopping with qvc but they willl never ask me to be a panelist or to a customer event as i wont be spending thousans on luxury tat..:angry:

That's not true. I got invited to a special Diamonique Day customer event and had only bought a very few items from QVC at the time. I assumed i was invited because all of those few purchases were Diamonique items.

That's not true. I got invited to a special Diamonique Day customer event and had only bought a very few items from QVC at the time. I assumed i was invited because all of those few purchases were Diamonique items.

I think what you buy, how often, and how much you spend are all factors of they consider before inviting you.

It wouldn't make sense to invite someone to a Craft Event who only buys two craft kits a year for her aunt as gifts for example.

So if a very high % of your purchases had been Diamonique that may have been enough to put you high up the list even though you may not have spent as much as some people in total.

If they're filming customer comments at the event I expect they select younger, slimmer people to invite as well.

Of course I may just be an old cynic and it's all a lovely random free for all...! :D

qvc are covert: 30 day mbg who get letters who dont. who get asked to leave as qvc are not pleased with them etc.who knows.

its obvious the fact that qvc are not up front and say if you spend £75,000 pounds with us on nn flannel we will ask you round for a cup of tea and a goody bag to thank you for spending vast sums with us.

bythe way i am not commenting on the panelist stuff but the customer events.

In the early days I got invited to a New Year New You event but spend far more now than I did back then, was horrified once when CS told me! I thought it was based on spend so that must mean there are far bigger spenders than me! I had that much Molton Brown I considered setting up my own shopping channel!! :giggle:

I've never heard of the customer panel until last night and was about to jump to the phone and complain about how come presenters are harping on about a 'worldwide launch' , 'no one else on the planet has this' when reviews were being shown by people who had it for 11 days. Interested to know how these customers were picked.
:hi:

not fussed about their serum. i will get a face full of spots their high end face stuff its too high end for me.

Consumer research is usually done with a precise demographic in mind, (age. sex, income, married/single kids/no kids etc) but I can imagine how it might seem random to the person selected.

TBH when I think back, I WAS asked all those questions so perhaps after being stopped if I hadnt fitted the cirteria ...well who knows!

I think you are right on that, they would pick people who looked likely candidates but if you turned out not to be what they wanted it wouldn't go any further.

Latest posts

Back