Debbie Flint .... What do you think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC_addicted_couple

Registered Shopper
Hi All !
We have just watched Debbie Flint (having taped the Honora show from earlier..) as one half of the Addicted Couple works hard in care work...and needs the soft Ralph tones and his products to relax away the stress lol...as we have never seen her on TV before, we thought she did ok... maybe JR will get a run for her money as some say! :giggle:

Didn't like the rather tacky nails, with far too much white which made her hands look fat and stubby..... a more subtle french tip would be much better,that apart, she seems confident in what she does.

I think Debbie was as good as she was in her past life at QVC. I think the cheap pot shots at her nails is a little low...she will herself be the first to admit to having "bigger hands" without others using that against her.

Hi All !
We have just watched Debbie Flint (having taped the Honora show from earlier..) as one half of the Addicted Couple works hard in care work...and needs the soft Ralph tones and his products to relax away the stress lol...as we have never seen her on TV before, we thought she did ok... maybe JR will get a run for her money as some say! :giggle:

Didn't like the rather tacky nails, with far too much white which made her hands look fat and stubby..... a more subtle french tip would be much better,that apart, she seems confident in what she does.

Yeah I hate that kind of french manicure,the nails look like spades! Liz Earle has the best looking french i've seen.As for Debbie Flint,I didn't watch her,just caught a glimpse,I did like her hair.
The true test for me is when I see her do a beauty hour,if I can get through one of those with her without wanting to kick in my screen,then I reckon she'll be alright.

If it's her and Alison Young this might not be the best hour to gauge,unless she completely overpowers Alison,then I might have to make Debbie my new queen!

didnt see her myself today but will probably catch her tomorrow at some point
I am sure she will be a breath of fresh air!

I thought she just sounded like she did 9 years ago and is really down to earth and great to watch.

As for the nails, if I am not mistaken they are enhancements so blame the nail tech not Debbie

Go with American manicure, still the best look by far imho and plenty of variations to get the look perfect for all skin tones and nails.

I never knew Debbie from her early years on qvc, only saw her recently on the price drop channel.. I tuned in to watch today & I really like her.. Down to earth & friendly, she did well for her 1st day back.. It was refreshing to see her not hide the fact that she has a larger wrist, so most of the Lola Rose stretchy bracelets were a very snug fit..
I wish her lots of luck.. Will watch her on the Thorntons show tomorrow, that'll be a laugh :giggle:

One of the things I always liked about Debbie as I said in the other thread is that she's natural and a real woman who other real women can identify with and does not try to be something she's not unlike other presenters who shall remain nameless but insist they are a size small when clearly they are not! She has a friendly way about her and although she was a little nervous today in the first hour , she was professional and explained the products clearly without all the b**ls**t the others come out with.
I think she's great and hope she's back for good!

You're so right there BFT, she definitely does! I was <s>gawping enviously at</s> admiring her manicure & nails when she was on the other day! Absolutely perfect, they were! :flower:

They are mighty fine aren't they? thing is I never see her wear anything else,not so much as a blush pink in the 9 years I seen her on air.Just once i'd like to see her in a Rouge Noir or a red,she has the perfect length and shape to wear such colours.
But I guess that would take away from her earth mother persona?

She came across to me as competent, rather alarmingly confident, and extremely LOUD.

I certainly didn't dislike her; she seems straightforward and without the inflated ego of several other presenters. However, her presentation was a little jarring to me, and eventually I realised it was because she was talking very loudly and leaving no spaces in her delivery. Most of the other presenters are more artful with their speech patterns, changing the rhythms for effect and leaving quiet spaces.

Debbie talked the way salespeople do when they're demonstrating a product on a stand at a trade show. I felt a bit steamrollered after a few minutes. She was much keener to talk about how quickly things were selling, than to discuss the item. I felt I was being hard-sold to, much more so than with just about any other presenter apart from AY.

Usually, QVC presenters are good at making you feel that you have exquisite taste if you choose to buy the item they're selling. With Debbie, I didn't feel that Honora and Lola Rose were her kind of thing at all, and that she was simply hustling the suckers into buying before stocks sold out. It was the first time I've watched a Honora show and felt that the goods were tacky.

I think she's a worthwhile presenter, but not for the high-end ranges. This is not a woman who could wax lyrical about Decleor and Prai. Can you honestly imagine her on with Lulu Guinness?

You're so right there BFT, she definitely does! I was <s>gawping enviously at</s> admiring her manicure & nails when she was on the other day! Absolutely perfect, they were! :flower:

I always notice the gorgeous ring LE wears Kitten.. It looks like an emerald cut green quartz or another pale green gem, surrounded with diamonds.. God, ive have that, its fab.. Am very jealous, lol :sun:

I like that bright, white look on nail tips. It was her and some of the other female presenters on QVC who introduced me to it back in the day.
I never really like DF in the past and always found her irritating but I thought she slotted straight back in today. I was quite surprised that she didn't irritate me either lol!

I think Debbie was as good as she was in her past life at QVC. I think the cheap pot shots at her nails is a little low...she will herself be the first to admit to having "bigger hands" without others using that against her.

I don't think the comments about her nails are cheap shots Tabs. Presenting jewellery, in particular, does involve lots of close ups of hands and nails and whereas the hands are big, small, fat or slender is largely irrelevant, the appearance of the nails is very important imho as the eye is drawn to them in close up shots. A good manicure can make the most inelegant hand look good but DF's nails were awful and she really needs to find herself a decent technician to get rid of those dreadful, big, glaringly white squared monstrosities that accentuated her chunky fingers. I do wish more presenters would persevere with their own nails because unless Frenchies or extensions are really expertly applied to look as natural as possible they all look dire. :pPC:

Hi All !

Oops, I must have missed the tacky nails and fat, stubby fingers. That'll teach me to pay too much attention to the presenter & guest as a whole instead of looking for something than I can bitch about. Silly me, thinking that the goods on sale are the most important thing. Well, I won't be making that mistake in future, I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back:cheeky:

I always notice the gorgeous ring LE wears Kitten.. It looks like an emerald cut green quartz or another pale green gem, surrounded with diamonds.. God, ive have that, its fab.. Am very jealous, lol :sun:

She may be well groomed, rich and know a lot about natural source Vitamin E but imo she's the dullest person on QVC. :yawn2: There, I've made a personal remark for the first time. I'll just have to take the consequences.

Debbie Flint seemed right at home this afternoon. She's a very experienced salesperson and I don't mind watching her. We'll just have to wait and see how she copes with some of the more 'upmarket' hours like Lulu Guinness or the charismatic Kelly Hoppen.:thinking2:

As I've said on the other DF post, I was slightly underawed. I also thought her nails were 'wrong' which is a distraction in a jewellery show. And I agree with the comments about how the Honora products didn't seem so classy today. Another thing too (nothing to do with DF), the yellowish jewellery stands are looking quite dirty and tacky. They need new ones pronto.

I can see DF selling things like Oreck, Lock 'n Lock and even Dennis Basso and doing it well, but she doesn't quite seem right for the higher ended stuff.

I thought Debbie did really well - was like she had never been away. Must agree about the tacky looking nails tho' :sad:

QVC has gone a bit more high end since she left (well, in some departments!) so she will need to adjust her patter a little. She was always quite hard sell, so she just needs to tone it down slightly.

Wonder if La Roberts is pleased to see her back?! :thinking2:

home-remedies-for-cats-5.jpg

:wink2:

She was ok. I thought she was pleasant enough and quite natural( but let's remember none of them are really being natural they are trying to get us to buy) It was nice to hear a different sales patter for a change and I certainly prefer her to JR that's for sure. I'll need to see more of her to really form an opinion either way.

Latest posts

Back