Decleor TSV - 02/01/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Tabatha.
I was hoping it would contain the new neck cream but I expect it will be available as a separate item.

Both the balm and face oils used to come with a use by date. As they are natural ingredients they will go off quicker. I remember they used to tell us once opened the balms should be used within six months of opening. This was Fiona on QVC by the way, and at the Decleor counter I was told off for keeping an opened face balm too long. I had it nine months at that point.

When they did the summer face oils in the BBC events people had problems as the use by date was only a month away and they sent them back. No good buying a Solar sun oil if the summer is months away and the use by date is a month.

So unless Decleor have started adding more preserviatives, not good for a brand saying these are natural. Or they have just decided to remove the use by date. It was only the face oils and balms which had the full use by dates on the bottom of the bottles and pots.

:mysmilie_687:Donna for your help.

I have had another look at my stash, and some of the oils have expiry dates: the more recent ones don't! I have slung out those with expiry dates, and shall use the remaining oils with care. Something's not right. :mysmilie_81: If I have time, I might contact Decleor HO to find out why its practice has changed.

Jay

PS what's this BBC events thingy?

Both the balm and face oils used to come with a use by date. As they are natural ingredients they will go off quicker. I remember they used to tell us once opened the balms should be used within six months of opening. This was Fiona on QVC by the way, and at the Decleor counter I was told off for keeping an opened face balm too long. I had it nine months at that point.

When they did the summer face oils in the BBC events people had problems as the use by date was only a month away and they sent them back. No good buying a Solar sun oil if the summer is months away and the use by date is a month.

So unless Decleor have started adding more preserviatives, not good for a brand saying these are natural. Or they have just decided to remove the use by date. It was only the face oils and balms which had the full use by dates on the bottom of the bottles and pots.

That is not the case, most items had them, cleansers, moisturisers, prolagene etc.....

Decleor say that the Aromessences don't have a use by as provided they are kept in a cool dark place when not in use they will be fine. Everything else they say has a shelf life of 2-3 years unopened and most should be used within 12 months once opened.

That's right,Sazza,I had huge 1000 mls System Corps when my dd worked in a Decleor salon & they clearly had the date on them as had most of their other stuff.

i will fart long and hard on this one.
dont like system corps as its just not moisturising enough for me.
prefer the l'occitane shea butter body lotion.
cleanser and toner not fussed.
hand lotion l'occitane hand cream again for me.:mysmilie_696:

a good start to my new year resolution to spend less, definitely f.a.r.ting on this one.

Yay. me too. I can't be doing with supersizes I get really bored after a month or two of the same thing.:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::

Me too!!! You should try the new richer systeme corps, it is fantastic!!! I don't think it will be in TSV as the picture of bottle says moisturising, the richer one says nourishing.

I must be the only person who wants this as a TSV! I've told my mum to hold off on Decleor Xmas pressies until 2nd Jan. Lucky me.

That is not the case, most items had them, cleansers, moisturisers, prolagene etc.....

Decleor say that the Aromessences don't have a use by as provided they are kept in a cool dark place when not in use they will be fine. Everything else they say has a shelf life of 2-3 years unopened and most should be used within 12 months once opened.

Now the thing is how can Decleor guarantee where they are kept in their salons and department store counters. All brightly lite on display. Makes you think, how long have they been sitting round before you buy. If they were so particular before over use by dates why the sudden change? I was told the oils and balms would lose their effectiveness and that was why they had use by dates.

Sorry its BCC Breast Cancer Care event.

Latest posts

Back