Birchwood recently anyone??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anything worth driving down there for? Thought I might go today.

I would be really interested in an answer from others too, as I called in for 5 minutes or may have been 2 minutes, as that was all that was needed.

Since it was Thursday afternoon which I thought was a good day due to restocking.
Well it was the worse I've ever seen it, mind you it's been getting bad for some time with nothing but rubbish and each time I think it can't get any worse.

Both the stores either side have now closed and are boarded up, so I wonder if Q is next in the center revamp.
So could they be running down stock due to shop relocation I wonder?
I do hope so or I fear for the staff jobs.
I haven't been to Shrewsbury for perhaps about a year now, so don't know how that is stocked, but I guess by the looks of it they are having most of the stock now.

Close to the main warehouses in Merseyside. It'd increase transport costs to locate further afield.

J xx

I'm just reporting back after my wasted journey today. That's the first (and last) time I've been.

First of all it took me ages to find it as I imagined it would be on a trading estate and not in the middle of a run down shopping precinct. It's like a cross between a charity shop and a jumble sale. Rails of obviously sent back sole items of Kim & Co, Renee, Tiana B, B&W, Indigo Moon etc, a rather sad looking rail of cheap looking handbags on coat hangers, and dreadful plastic flower arrangements with lights in (Bethlehem lights I think they're called). You can't go wrong if you want an Oreck, have bad breath (mouthwash) or huge bazookas (bras that would easily fit two heads). What a load of complete sh*te and definitely not worth the petrol.

I'm just reporting back after my wasted journey today. That's the first (and last) time I've been.

First of all it took me ages to find it as I imagined it would be on a trading estate and not in the middle of a run down shopping precinct. It's like a cross between a charity shop and a jumble sale. Rails of obviously sent back sole items of Kim & Co, Renee, Tiana B, B&W, Indigo Moon etc, a rather sad looking rail of cheap looking handbags on coat hangers, and dreadful plastic flower arrangements with lights in (Bethlehem lights I think they're called). You can't go wrong if you want an Oreck, have bad breath (mouthwash) or huge bazookas (bras that would easily fit two heads). What a load of complete sh*te and definitely not worth the petrol.

Oh dear

Although I agree that the QVC shop is complete and utter poo I think it is unfair to say that Birchwood shopping centre is run down, quite the contrary in fact as it is clean and bright with new shops planned for when the refurb is complete. Just saying thats a bit harsh :wave:

Well its what youve all been waiting for :happy: According to the local paper the new Outlet Store has a celebratory opening on 8th November at 10am

It boasts "bigger and better than ever, with more bargains to be had than ever before"

Apparently its only a few steps away from the old location. With a bit of luck the usual scowlers will lose their way so as to enable others to access the stunning collection of clothing available :grin:

Last edited:
Bargains?? A bargain is something you actually want to buy, but at a lower price. When I went I sooo wanted to buy something because I'd spent God knows how much in petrol getting there, but there was absolutely nothing I wanted. The whole place was a load of sh*te.

Is that in the outlet? They are still selling it on the website, at nearly twice what it cost when they launched it.

Well its what youve all been waiting for :happy: According to the local paper the new Outlet Store has a celebratory opening on 8th November at 10am

It boasts "bigger and better than ever, with more bargains to be had than ever before"

Apparently its only a few steps away from the old location. With a bit of luck the usual scowlers will lose their way so as to enable others to access the stunning collection of clothing available :grin:

Oh sugar and just my luck.

Don't think I'd be allowed a pass out of intensive care for a trip.

:sad:

Latest posts

Back