Is it just me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Is it just me who watches a beauty show and suddenly remembers they've got one of the products in the "stash" and then goes to find it. Two days of use and then back to the usual.
please tell me you do the same.

Guilty as charged m'lord
Is it just me who watches a beauty show and suddenly remembers they've got one of the products in the "stash" and then goes to find it. Two days of use and then back to the usual.

I do exactly the same as you,however I have thrown all of my YBF products away.
Lynn

Yep. Guilty. Most of my make up is Laura Geller or BE at the moment. Last weekend I threw out so much old stuff that was cluttering up my bags and dressing table that I was never going to use again, or that I'd forgotten I'd had, gone back to for a week or so then went off again. Pared everything down, less choice, but it doesn't seem to matter somehow...

yay i'm not the only one. The most concerning thing is the amount of brands i have.
Just off to find YBF concealer and yellow powder.

Yes, I do this too. I run to the cupboard, locate whatever it is they're showing and actually sit there using it with them :blush:
Shortly after this I spend a bit of time wondering why on earth I bought the stuff in the first place and back in the cupboard it goes :grin:

Ha ha thought it was just me, yes I do it which acts as a good reminder that I don't need to purchase!!

me too!! however I had a real clear out the other day and purged my make up bag of all that was tatty, useless and unflattering . Whittled it down to 5 products, the new Max Factor primer and foundation all in one which I am loving, Soap and Glory concealer, an eye shadow palette with shades I actually use, ditto lip gloss palette and a mascara. These are living on a bathroom shelf and get used daily.Have thrust the things that survived the cull in a box in my bedroom and am going to rotate products depending on how I feel so that it will all get used.

I'm just the same.
In fact I forget what I've got, there's so much of it. :thinking:
So now, like you, I go & find what's there of the brand & am trying not to be tempted into buying more.
For all there's so much stuff, my daily make up bag tends to have the same old faithful things in it.

Oooh yes, I just love my make-up! Most of it now is Laura Geller and some old faithful bits like the Avon blonde eyebrow pencil. I use it all in rotation and change about my eye make up but the blushers last so long I have about 6 on the go and cant seem to make any indentation in them so I could do without anymore anytime soon. Ive kind of realised what suits me now so it makes just buying randomly less tempting.

Have had a massive clear out of all my cosmetics as I will be hitting Sephora in Florida soon,my favourite shop.
Lynn:grin:

I'm a good girl I am. I don't have a stash. Hold on a tick whilst I polish the halo. I don't have a stash because I made myself use everything that wasn't gone off or didn't cause a reaction. Took me a good couple of years to clear the lot. It has stopped me buying into the latest wonder potion or special offer. My god though I'd bought some tut.

I didn't really ever have a makeup stash though. I next to never wear eyeshadow so my makeup box is fairly simple. I really only one of anything other than blushers and lipglosses.

This sensible phase must end soon before I bore myself to death!

Yip, done this with eyeshadows and liners, but I've only used Laura Geller B&B as foundation for about 3years now, keep thinking I must try a new one as Im getting a bit bored now, maybe have a look at BE.

Shopping in town yesterday I saw a woman having BE foundation put on at the counter in Boots, it looked really awful and I am glad I was never tempted to try it.

Also saw Philosophy Lee at their counter in Debenhams, he seemed very friendly and nice, it's strange when you unexpectedly see someone you recognise off Qvc in real life.

I do exactly the same as you,however I have thrown all of my YBF products away.
Lynn
I'm on wait list for their brow pencil, never used before, rave reviews. Is it really that good?
Also since it's coming back doesn't seem to be the same quality judging by reviews.

Have to say Stacy really gets on my nerves,can't stand all this girlfriend crap,anyhow I do not rate the quality of her products,she seems so dated.
Lynn:taphead:

Shopping in town yesterday I saw a woman having BE foundation put on at the counter in Boots, it looked really awful and I am glad I was never tempted to try it.

Also saw Philosophy Lee at their counter in Debenhams, he seemed very friendly and nice, it's strange when you unexpectedly see someone you recognise off Qvc in real life.

Maybe just stick to my LG then China Girl. Unless anyone can recommend me an alternative, I do like the powder foundation, its just easy to use I suppose

yay i'm not the only one. The most concerning thing is the amount of brands i have.
Just off to find YBF concealer and yellow powder.

I had bought 3 YBF TSVs.........one red carpet, where she had a nice tote bag, a good make-up bag and all her stuff , lipstick with the light on.........(she was the first to bring that to QVC)

One TSV was a white make-up box (with trays that pulled out, make-up artists carry with them with lots of her stuff..........

Another TSV was her stuff in a black satin evening clutch.

In all of them, there were little plastic containers with concealers and yellow powder, eye brow pencil etc.

In all the TSV's those little plastic containers broke away at the hinges on the first use and they made a mess in my handbags :doh:

Those days, I never sent them back to QVC, so those yellow powder, concealer etc was never used by me :sad:

The carry handle on her beauty case of the TSV fell apart on the second time I carried it. She had a primer in that TSV....it was fantastic, it was a push up sponge........but it only had one and a half application in it(meant to be more, I am sure). That primer was the best ever!
All her stuff in that beauty case TSV is still in, only thing ever used were the primer :doh:

I gave away the red tote from her Red Carpet TSV to my sister, the lipstick with the light and the eye palette to a cousin.......I only used the eyebrow pencil from that TSV.

I think I still have bits and pieces from her satin clutch:thinking: in my sash...........never used her mascaras (I don't use mascaras)

That is just one brand
:doh:

I have a big wicker box full of Liz Earle TSVs , Philosophy TSVs , Elemis , Decleor and L'Occitane stuff, some of them will be dried up or gone off I think, I will have to have a throw out. The Liz Earle stuff will be off for sure. I just kept buying without finishing or even using what I had.

I must have been mad!!!! I think I will blame it on tablets, there must have been something terribly wrong with me :sad:

Just think of all the money I have wasted:headbang:

Latest posts

Back