bobbi brown eye makeup

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I love the look of Bobbi Brown stick eye shadow, but with loose skin on eyelids I have given up wearing eye shadow as it seems to make me look old and tired. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

I bought one the other week in House of Fraser. A few strokes and just blend with your fingers, gives a soft natural look. I would stay away from the shades with shimmer perhaps. Laura Mercier also does these in matt or shimmer.

Try the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallette- is a really flattering nude pallette with matte and some slight shimmers. Use it with the Urban Decay primer and it stays put all day.
I am no spring chicken but the colours are really flattering.

Try the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallette- is a really flattering nude pallette with matte and some slight shimmers. Use it with the Urban Decay primer and it stays put all day.
I am no spring chicken but the colours are really flattering.

Yup, another fan of UDN2 palette. And the eye primer is the best I've used.

I had a look at the new Bobbi Brown eye cream sticks in HoF the other week. The colour range is very limited and apart from one shade which was a grey/ slate colour they were too shimmery for me. Didn't buy the grey one though because it was pretty much the same as a colour I had already in the cream shadows (slade).

My recommendation would be the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. it has 5 matte neutral shades and one slight shimmer for highlighting. I use it with BareMinerals original eye prime time and am a huge fan, as it gives the perfect daytime look.

The UD Nakeds never rocked my boat, but I already owns quite a few nudes shades in different brands anyway. BB's first nude palette for one, early 00s.

Laura Mercier Grey Pearl I bought in stick, its actually a taupe matt with an undertone of silver. Very wearable. For some unknown reason I bought the BB stick in Sand Dune, I just liked the colour. The Pink which I read described as peach(it wasn't peach), far too shimmery. So that lemming died.

Oh and UD quite a few complaints are they have changed the primer to a squeeze tube and not the doe foot application. I always wore the Laura Mercier as different shades to match your skin tone.

I have the UDN1 palette and use a few matte regularly for daytime, I find they stay put really well, I prefer the UDN2 but didn't feel i needed both really, will be buying the UD basics palette at some point as I prefer matte day to day, great quality I think :)

I have both UD Naked Palettes and regularly use them. Lovely shades, some Matt and dome with shimmer and best of all, really stay put. Even liner applied on top of the shadows stays on better. I use without primer and still get great staying power.

I'm a big fan of BB make up but I haven't tried the eyeshadow sticks that she's brought back again yet as I've still loads to get through. I would however recommend the Mally Evercolour eyeshadow sticks as they apply really easily and don't accentuate any aging qualities (the Taupe in her 'Try me kit' especially nice), so if BB is anything like them.....worth giving a try, but don't rule out Mally if you get the chance.

I'm a big fan of BB make up but I haven't tried the eyeshadow sticks that she's brought back again yet as I've still loads to get through. I would however recommend the Mally Evercolour eyeshadow sticks as they apply really easily and don't accentuate any aging qualities (the Taupe in her 'Try me kit' especially nice), so if BB is anything like them.....worth giving a try, but don't rule out Mally if you get the chance.

Hi all (long time lurker here!)
Have to agree about these, I bought the try me expecting to pass the eyeshadow stick on to one of my DDs as I only ever used or liked powder or mineral eyeshadow, turned out to be my favourite item in the kit! Have since bought a 5 stick collection that I think was an OTO, as I was so impressed. I even use a fine eyeliner brush against the stick to use for bullet proof LOL fine lining.

Hi all (long time lurker here!)
Have to agree about these, I bought the try me expecting to pass the eyeshadow stick on to one of my DDs as I only ever used or liked powder or mineral eyeshadow, turned out to be my favourite item in the kit! Have since bought a 5 stick collection that I think was an OTO, as I was so impressed. I even use a fine eyeliner brush against the stick to use for bullet proof LOL fine lining.
Hi Sooze, welcome to the forum and please don't lurk any longer, join in. :mysmilie_378:

I completely agree re the Mally eyeshadow stick, it was my favourite in the 'Try Me' kit and I now use it every day - I too went on to buy the set of 5, great aren't they ...

I bought a Mally eyeshadow stick from Ebay to try. Nice colour but it only lasts a couple of hours before it rubs off. Glad I didn't buy a set of them from QVC.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I bought a Mally eyeshadow stick from Ebay to try. Nice colour but it only lasts a couple of hours before it rubs off. Glad I didn't buy a set of them from QVC.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Hi Flamenco, how did they rub off? You seem to have been incredibly unlucky or do you rub your eyes frequently?
My only criticism of them is that I have to work harder at the end of the day to get it off, I have resorted to the Floracil technique of applying to cotton pads and pressing lightly into the eyelid for a few moments before attempting to wipe off.
i apply at 6:00am and it's still there when I get home at 9:00pm.
DJ x

I too would vouch for the mally ones, they last on me as well as any other item, I do always use an eyelid primer with any eye shadow, probably cheaper than BB as well

Hi Flamenco, how did they rub off? You seem to have been incredibly unlucky or do you rub your eyes frequently?
My only criticism of them is that I have to work harder at the end of the day to get it off, I have resorted to the Floracil technique of applying to cotton pads and pressing lightly into the eyelid for a few moments before attempting to wipe off.
i apply at 6:00am and it's still there when I get home at 9:00pm.
DJ x

It's seems to melt into my lids and disappear after a couple of hours. I use a primer too - Either Urban Decay or Laura Mercier's eye canvas, mostly UD though. I do use eye drops through the day though so maybe that's why but I thought these sticks didn't shift unless you used eye makeup remover to do so. I've just discovered MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash which is the best waterproof mascara I have used so far. I was using a Laura Mercier one, and whilst its good, it can still run a bit when applying drops. I have an autoimmune disease that causes very dry eyes so I apply drops about 4-5 times a day so need eye makeup that really stays put. Jemma Kidd does a semi permanent waterproof mascara which is also very good but JK has gone bust so not easy to find anymore..I bought a brown version from EBay but prefer the black. The new MAC mascara is excellent and at £14 is more reasonably priced than other high end brands, and most importantly, does what it promises.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

I bought one the other week in House of Fraser. A few strokes and just blend with your fingers, gives a soft natural look. I would stay away from the shades with shimmer perhaps. Laura Mercier also does these in matt or shimmer.

Agree! love the BB cream eye shadows in the pots & will be buying in the sticks for a holiday later in the year.I love the shimmer shades but just look, don't buy! There is a grey shade in this range which is mat--will be going for that.With the success of this range would think they will be bringing out more shades.

I too have very dry eyes due to hypothyroid and have to use drops throughout the day. I have found that Benefit they're real mascara works well.

I have often looked at the Mally, but. I don't like black mascara or eye liner so the kits are out. I also prefer to choose my own shades rather than have the X and Y together in a kit, I might want X and A instead. Awkward Moi????????:grin:

By Terry do lovely eyeshadow sticks as well, I have two of those.

Latest posts

Back