I see "Bran New" is on again.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Re: I see "Bran New" is on again. ?

I think it is just a general Australian thing and since Neighbours was so big with young teens it changed the speech pattern of whole generation

I only became aware of this when Stephen Fry cited it as one of his things to go into Room 101 a few years ago? Since then I can't watch anything Australian without listening for it? ****** annoying?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest (sweeping generalisation coming up :whew::whew:), considering most of them have been doing this job for years, none of them impresses me with their presentation style and technique.

My job involved a lot of "public" speaking from small audiences of important clients to staff gatherings of 200+, much of it off-script. If I had stuttered, bumbled, shouted, fluffed the facts and figures, dropped my T's, aspirated my Haitches and inflected the end of my sentences I would have been demoted and consigned to a back office.

I can only assume that the people directing them from the gallery are now pushing the hard sell to such an extent that the presenters just cannot focus on the products, guests and be able to articulate what they are hearing through their earpieces.

Another word that everyone seems to be using is "immense". Its use seldom refers to physical size and presenters use it just because it has become fashionable without really thinking what they are saying.

I suppose I just dislike the constant use of cliches per se.

There is one presenter who is a very good wordsmith and that is Anna who I must say is not as annoying as she used to be.

Latest posts

Back