Why

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lisa Brash knows art as much as Mike Mason knows sound!!

She'd probably think the cockerel on a box of cornflakes was a Picasso. :drunk:

:giggle::giggle:

I heard a rumour she thought Jackson Pollock was a species of sustainable fish but I don't know if that is a fact or not.

To the people who claim they don't make that much from the phone calls, you really telling me they sold only 10 wet and dry Hoovers for a pound and they only had a few miss out? Yeah right.

To the people who claim they don't make that much from the phone calls, you really telling me they sold only 10 wet and dry Hoovers for a pound and they only had a few miss out? Yeah right.

Thanks for that PJ, very relevant.

I was more baffled by Steve Mc and his Grab It Now (or something like that) hour. They weren't even showing the price and you just had to trust him the price would be low. Loads of people bought blindly.

There are some very trusting people out there!

I bet he uses recordings of his own shows on his now legendary bass reflex test.

i'm surprised they haven't tried to sell the legendary base reflex sound test sheet in a £100 megadrop (and thats at a heavy discount obviously)

i'm surprised they haven't tried to sell the legendary base reflex sound test sheet in a £100 megadrop (and thats at a heavy discount obviously)

I believe Sennheiser have wrapped up the intellectual rights on it now Mr Tom.

so how many do YOU think missed out PJ?

probably PJ

I reckon 3535 people missed out and Situp tv are now super rich again

Boo hisss Situptv

I don't think many people missed out me. I am not for sale ...

I am genuinely curious PJ. How many do you speculate missed out? you have made quite a point about this being an underhanded tactic by BID. so you must have considered the numbers?

I am genuinely curious PJ. How many do you speculate missed out? you have made quite a point about this being an underhanded tactic by BID. so you must have considered the numbers?

I guess about 10,000 people could be watching so it isn't too much of a stretch to think 3% call as after all a good quality Hoover for a single pound is a bargain so my guess and of course it is a guess is about 300 but the fact is if they weren't making money in this way they would make the phone line cheaper and and the difference to the item cost.

PJ

Thinking about it, it could be a lot more based on the fact that presenters have talked about 30 or 50 missing out on an item which is a normal bid price. Imagine how much more there would be if it was a Hoover for £1?

I guess about 10,000 people could be watching so it isn't too much of a stretch to think 3% call as after all a good quality Hoover for a single pound is a bargain so my guess and of course it is a guess is about 300 but the fact is if they weren't making money in this way they would make the phone line cheaper and and the difference to the item cost.

PJ

Personally, based on what i have heard presenters say i think it might be a bit less than that. around 150 - 200 but all the same. lets say 300 people missed out. i expect BID paid close to £50 for the item (based on the way they are desperately trying to clear the item) and they had 10 of them available. thats £500 in value. although the call costs £1.50 i doubt they make more than £1 on each call themselves. the 10 people that got one gave BID a revenue of around £50 total plus the missed calls so around £300. that leaves them minus £150. not exactly a golden egg. more of a gold plated turkey lol

What isnt factored into this is the cost of broadcasting and the cost of 'airtime'. shopping channels pay for a licensee for their airtime which is in the millions each year.plus of course all the costs which go along with broadcasting a show. from what i have heard and read channels will break that down into a cost per hour or even a cost per minute basis.

If anything this was a 'loss leader' designed to keep and audience watching so they can sell the other products they had available. I know the internet loves a conspiracy. but i dont think there is anything underhanded about this promotion. in fact. i think its the opposite. they sold a hoover for £1.thats great! no other channels run promotions like this. i think BID deserve a bit of credit for giving their viewers a bit of entertainment and an opportunity to get a cracking bargain. i realise that no matter what they do some people will look for the 'catch' and try and point out they are 'evil wrong doers' which is a shame. because it seems to me they are doing their very best to give people a genuine reason to watch the channel.

Latest posts

Back