How much Qvc do you watch ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I used to watch several shows a day on Qvc and even sky plus hours to watch later on however lately I can go days without watching any programmes on Qvc at all, I sometimes switch over in an ad break but that's my lot , I tend to just look at the website instead.

The tv schedule is rubbish atm repeat Tsv's, same shows every week, presenters that are full of themselves and prices that are too expensive compared to else where. I will watch at the weekend for beauty day but even that will be full of them same brands and items.

Qvc are just lucky that there isn't another shopping challenging them for the No.1 spot.

I watch much less these days. Just tend to flick over from time to time. Even doing that it's uncanny how often they are showing the item I saw last time I looked - even hours later. For example, last time l'occitane was on, every time I looked they were showing the hand cream duo that they had a good price on. Talk about overkill. But there are days now when I just don't look at all. It's too boring and very repetitive. I do rely on the forum though so I can see if there are any good oto's coming up - very helpful, thanks.

I agree. I used to find myself watching far too much of Q, and stayed up for tsvs in case they sold out early on, how likely is that now? If the normal tv was rubbish I would always while a bit of time away watching Q but whenever I turn over now it seems to be the same old stuff and I find it so boring, I would rather switch off altogether. As Bea has said above, I do find the posts on here very helpful and entertaining and I have made some good purchases after reading good reviews or comment on here, in fact I doubt I would buy much at all from Q if it was not for this forum as watching can be so tedious sometimes.
I do use the website a bit but even that could be a lot better and just lately every time I try to zoom in on a picture the picture freezes my I pad,very irritating. So many items are either on Waitlist or no longer available, that's annoying as well
So the short answer is, I don't want much qvc at all, apologies for the rant!!:Sad:

I hardly watch Q these days because I hardly buy from them. The World is my oyster for shopping and so many times Q cannot compete with other online or bricks and mortar shops. I`ve never used the 30 day mbg as a reason to pay more for something or to pay ridiculously high p and p. I only order items I know I`ll use ie. my sbc items and Mally eye makeup. Years ago I used to buy a hell of a lot more.
I can`t stand the shrieking presenters, the hard sell, the same old items and Q seems stuck in a time warp, outdated, boring and relying on so few brands.

I put QVC on most days but only tend to leave it on for 10 minutes at a time as most of the shows are so predictable and repetitive. I tend to flick onto it when theres something boring on another channel but if its an annoying presenter on its switched straight off. I find it easier to look at the app on my tablet to see what the TSV and 'new today' products are. Also this forum is great for information and feedback. I am so glad I stumbled across it and really enjoy reading peoples views and thoughts.

Very rarely. I used to have it on in the background if I was on the laptop as it did not distract me(sometimes I would have a real tv show or movie on and end up watching instead of doing what I was suppose to be), now it just annoys me. Even products I might be interested in I only half watch and then turn over.

I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a full hour of qvc...I usually switch on first thing in the morning to see what the tsv is, if CR is the presenter I switch off straight away and wait until he has left the building...I don't find qvc half as good as it used to be,or maybe I'm getting hard to please.:Wink:

I only switch over occasionally when I've nothing better to do. If they are flogging food or cleaning products I turn straight off. As for browsing their web site I can't think of anything worse, how boring that must be. I have only used online ordering a few times in the past and can't even remember the last item I bought from Q.

Nowhere near as much. I agree with everything said so far: the prices of the items, the price of post and packing, the puffed-up presenters, the hard sell, the repetition of goods, are all too much. The last thing I bought (the only thing in ages) was a slanket as a Christmas present because it was the cheapest I could get anywhere at the time, (INCLUDING p&p) but I won't be getting anything else for Christmas. QVC used to be the turn-to channel when there wasn't anything else worth watching but now it's the turn-off channel. I don't like being irritated and this is what it does to me now.

I watch far less than I used to - and I did used to watch a lot.The problem is I don't like much on "normal" television so I'm always flicking across and particularly when adverts are on - don't like them either!!

As a teacher I watch more in the school holidays and therefore I only seem to buy in the school holidays - and to back up this theory,I bought the kipling OTO delaney this week!!!

However as a teacher wanting desperately to go part time now,thats one thing I need to stop doing.not only do I not want to give QVC my cash anymore - If I want to go part time,I can't afford to!!!

Reading all the posts I think that we are all just a lot more savvy these days thanks to the internet. Qvc is a shop window and was very useful before online comparisons and purchases became the norm. Delivery to your door is everywhere now and free from most suppliers so it's pointless for qvc to tell us that they are saving us the long trudge around the shops. Some of us enjoy a good rummage around the high street but if it's not convenient the choice online is amazing.

I used to watch quite a bit, staying up for craft TSVs and watching nearly all day when it was a craft day.
I haven't watched a single show this year and come to think of it I didn't watch much last year either.

The only time I do visit their website is when I need to top up the SBC things I buy........ I don't even buy my Liz Earle from them now since I can get it cheaper direct (P+P is per order not per item) or buy it from John Lewis when I'm up town.

I agree with all above.
I used to watch QVC a lot, right up until last year, BUT now I flick over to what is on and quickly flick back again..... same old stuff usually, vastly overpriced fashion on some newer ranges lately, shrieking presenters who NEVER let the GUEST who actually KNOW THEIR PRODUCT speak...... I used to stay up for the TSV but cannot be bothered by it anymore. I have only had 5 things delivered this year and 2 were delivered in January/February from their waitlist in 2011 and one went straight back again as faulty. I have only bought a V Pillow (May) after surgery, Judith Williams TSV (Sept), Philosophy TSV (last week), oh, and am on waitlist for my Son's ABC duo set that I thought I would get them to try as good value. So that is only 4 actual orders from me for this year and to think, I used to get that a month...... QVC must be losing money now as it seems that so many of us have had enough

I only seriously watch the big beauty brands, especially the TSV days, and Yankee Candle. I have started to record some of these so I can whizz through them and only listen to the bits about the actual items, not the crap about the presenters' homes, wonderful lives etc.. (Yes I do mean Jill Franks). I do sometimes have it on as wallpaper between normal TV shows but I am now becoming a bit addicted to the Christmas Tat shows! Not because I would ever buy anything but because it makes me laugh to hear them rate rather tatty decorations and lights as FABULOUS, ADORABLE, GORGEOUS and on and on!

gone are the days where I'd particularly switch over or stay in/come in for a certain hour or brand.if I'm in I'll watch,if I'm not well I'm not bothered.I rarely watch a whole hour- I will admit its been on most of the time today in the background though.

Cant remember the last time I stayed up or even bought a TSV????

I tend to flick over to QVC when the adverts are on, unless there is a show I'm interested in ......... but those are few and far between nowadays.

Don't watch as much as I used to, maybe on average an hour a day. Don't watch any if the kid are home, and never stay up until midnight for the TSV anymore. Gone are the days when a TSV sells out at midnight.

Watching very little these days at one time I would not have missed L'Occitanne, LE, Honora, B&W, Philosophy, Lola Rose & many more TSV's.Did go for the LE TSV last week as I know I will use that but so often I have been tempted & have never worn the item!

I too watch very little these days, made about 5 orders this year and 3 of those were off the web-site and not while watching. Gone are the days when everyone's present came from QVC and the TSV's these days are so boring or can be bought cheaper elsewhere. Then again look at how many fiasco's there have been lately with delivery problems, it doesn't really give you any confidence in ordering from them.

I used to watch all the liz earle,l'occitane,anils inc and opi shows.I'd pretty much watch all the fashion and yankee and christmas stuff.I would never want to miss a laura geller,kipling or birkenstock - and they are the shows that still hold my attention the most.

Latest posts

Back