Glass surface savers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
About 30 years ago I purchased a glass surface saver when I purchased my home and put in the kitchen. It cost an absolute fortune because it was new in Uk.

About 10 years ago I replaced the kitchen and needed a new one and as they were everywhere I had no problem getting a nice big one in clear glass.

I never used it to actually chop on just as an easy big extra work top which was easy to clean and disinfect .

At 5am this morning hubby was in the loo when there was an almighty bang so he rushed all over the house looking for the source. Lo and behold in the kitchen the surface saver has self exploded and pieces were all over the kitchen in every corner. So I was on my hands and knees at 5am on a day I was supposed to be going for a mini break!

Just imagine if this had happened whilst someone was in the room!!

Something similar happened once at work to one of those poncy all glass offices but it was thought it was under tension at the hinges.

Don't think I will be replacing with glass again!

I had a glass work top saver years ago and it just cracked without warning, into a trillion pieces. Fortunately, it had a backing on it with a picture that could be seen through the glass. The backing kept all the pieces together but it was well nigh impossible to pick it up. It was floppy and sharp. I had to get a box and a pair of tonges to lift it into the box. I never bothered replacing it with similar, it put me off.

Latest posts

Back