Prohibitively expensive fashion on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Because I have trouble sourcing 44DD bras - (yes ladies can have up to G H and J cups, but mostly up to a 40"), so I tend to get them from Kaleidoscope catalogue, and I've just ordered 5 with one p & p of £3.99. With QVC it would be that for EACH bra ! Its shameful that even if you bought the same item but a different size or colour then its separate p & p.

You can’t be looking hard enough for value for money on QVC fashion. I’ve found you a pair of jogging bottoms that are just £81 including p and p.

Can you order me a few? Do I need to size up or down?

These seem such a bargain compared to the fiver I paid for leggings in Asda George in the summer. They aren't going out out ones, but totally acceptable at home or just popping to the corner shop. If I was gym going they would certainly be very acceptable and the wash and dry quickly which in my spec is essential.

£81 absolutely bargain of the week.

This must be in contention for bargain of the week too! 190769 it's a ****** t shirt with snowflakes on it. £37.50 reduced to £34.98 + £3.95 postage...It's a ****** t shirt worth about a fiver! Ridiculous!

This must be in contention for bargain of the week too! 190769 it's a ****** t shirt with snowflakes on it. £37.50 reduced to £34.98 + £3.95 postage...It's a ****** t shirt worth about a fiver! Ridiculous!
It's less than Ruthie's Christmas Tree version (187556). This is currently £35.96, will be £42.50 full price. The reviews that end with a personal thank you to the designer make my teeth hurt - she hasn't made it especially for you...

It's less than Ruthie's Christmas Tree version (187556). This is currently £35.96, will be £42.50 full price. The reviews that end with a personal thank you to the designer make my teeth hurt - she hasn't made it especially for you...

You say "she hasn't made it especially for you..." flames someone else on my planet. The thank you QVC thing I just don't get. I've never thought of thanking M&S for great knickers.

Marla Wynne is the biggest con on QVC. I heard Melissa say Marla is introducing new leisure wear every month ! Oh joy ! She must be raking it in,
But there must be many people willing to pay the exorbitant prices for bits of polyester chiffon.
My one purchase , a shirt languishes at the bottom of the laundry basket. It’s a rag not even good enough for the charity shop.

The quality is not great imo. Its either poor quality fabric or poor quality cut. The ideas are nice but it's a lottery win to get something worth the price tag.

Marla Wynne is the biggest con on QVC. I heard Melissa say Marla is introducing new leisure wear every month ! Oh joy ! She must be raking it in,
But there must be many people willing to pay the exorbitant prices for bits of polyester chiffon.
My one purchase , a shirt languishes at the bottom of the laundry basket. It’s a rag not even good enough for the charity shop.
It's the £mperor's New Clothes syndrome. Tell people something often enough and they'll believe it.

How ridiculous! I wouldn't be anxious to even pay half that price for a T-shirt, especially a Christmas one - £8 from Asda, that'll do me nicely thank you! I also wouldn't be prepared to pay p&p on a T - shirt either, well not unless it brought the price up to less than a tenner!!
The £37.50 (+ the price of another t-shirt in Primark in p&p) offering with the snowflake design doesn't even boast the Modal that Ruthie uses to try and justify her insane prices - It's a 95% polyester/elastin combo...really?!!! Asda's will be 100% cotton - surely that's better?!
I'm surprised that Q's ridiculous pricing isn't "out there" in the public domain - I'm guessing nobody cares lol!

I've got two of our Marl's designs, the original balloon dress & a coatigan, what a stupid name! They were some of the first things she brought to the British Q & both of mine are still as good as the day they arrived from the eBay sellers. I haven't bothered to even look at her stuff since then & assume she's no longer creating garments in her garage.

I buy from eBay the odd bits that I like. The sizing is mad from MW. I am a M&S 16/18. The dresses I have are a MW medium. The sizes are huge. And if you get that wrong the clothing looks awful. I do love the dress that I have though.

I really don’t mind paying more for clothing. I can afford it. But Marla to my mind is not very stylish. I think a few of the early things were good but not since it became mass produced.
I recently bought the denim and co fleece coat after a rush of blood to the head.No idea why but I think that’s how Q gets you.
I sent it back without opening the packet. It’s just not something I would wear. True it wasn’t expensive but I could see it going straight to charity.

Latest posts

Back