Beauty Tools with iGrow TSV 11/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear ,just caught sight of DF in it. Really how many people are fooled by these things. Its so playing on people's insecurities. I'm sure they make money by people just not returning them even if they don't work ,a bit like the No No.So cynical.Just because its expensive doesnt mean it works. ... My hubby and sons both have male pattern baldness but they don't care ,just keep their hair groomed. my hair is thinning since menopause but I wouldn't go for any thing like this .Again grooming can do a lot. I'd rather go for a wig if it got really bad.
You have put into words exactly what I think about this product. Male baldness is a strong trait in my family and even my sister and myself have quite thin fine hair and my hairline is receding slightly in my old age but I would not consider buying something like this. Your phrase 'playing on people's insecurities' is spot on.

I heard that a tincture of hot pepper (e.g. Cayenne or other) helps to stimulate hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp.

Does anybody remember The Jetsons cartoons ? Mrs Jetson would put a helmet on her head, choose a hairstyle from a book, press a button and hey presto when the helmet was removed her hair would be done. Now even I`d buy it if it did that !

I'm particularly enjoying the vicious feedback on Q's FB page - people ain't impressed :mysmilie_19:

As an animal lover I do hope the guest remembers to remove & feed & water the little furry friend currently residing on top of his head......it can get very hot under those studio lights!
(Not sure what species it is, a little concerned it may even be one of the now almost certainly endangered faux.....I do so hope not, they've had a tough time of it of late already!)

:sad:

As an animal lover I do hope the guest remembers to remove & feed & water the little furry friend currently residing on top of his head......it can get very hot under those studio lights!
(Not sure what species it is, a little concerned it may even be one of the now almost certainly endangered faux.....I do so hope not, they've had a tough time of it of late already!)

Lol.......Comedy gold. Haven't seen the guest put it on his head yet. Are we meant to think his unatural looking thatch is a result of usage.....

I agree, I'm an animal lover too so I hope he leaves his car window open on a hot day so his faux furry friend doesn't overheat. He needs to be careful walking round QVC though, if his syrup is made of polyester and not real hair, then rubbing against all that other polyester at QVC (and let's face it, there's a lot of polyester) can spark at any moment, replicating the Great Fire Of London. :mysmilie_13:

Hair Grow Laser System.

I just saw a picture of this thing on the QVC web site. As a bald man, it gave me the biggest laugh I've had in ages! Who are they trying to kid? Ho ho ho ha ha ha :mysmilie_483:

Me too, I haven't laughed so much in ages. It made me think of the Cybermen from the 80s or maybe those sorts who wear tinfoil on their heads to stop the government beaming things into their brains!

Genuinely curious though - what are the headphones for? Do you listen to music while grilling your scalp? Can't help but wonder what effect this sort of thing might have on the user's brain.

I appreciate that people can lose their hair for all sorts of unfortunate reasons, but, to me, it's sad that some will have been made to feel so bad about it that they have to resort to things like this.

Me too, I haven't laughed so much in ages. It made me think of the Cybermen from the 80s or maybe those sorts who wear tinfoil on their heads to stop the government beaming things into their brains!

Genuinely curious though - what are the headphones for? Do you listen to music while grilling your scalp? Can't help but wonder what effect this sort of thing might have on the user's brain.

I appreciate that people can lose their hair for all sorts of unfortunate reasons, but, to me, it's sad that some will have been made to feel so bad about it that they have to resort to things like this.

I only saw the picture on the web site, so no idea why that thing has head phones. My first thought was, what the f***! I think the whole idea is ridiculous, I would never shell out £399 for a thing like that. If someone like Prince William, or Elton John can't keep their hair with all of their money, I don't think that daft helmet thing would ever work. At least it gave us a laugh for free.

I am blessed with very thick hair but even I notice that post menopause it isn't as thick as it once was and I know I would be very depressed if it was as thin as I have seen on some ladies therefore I suspect I MAY in a moment of madness be suckered into it. Luckily I don't need it but it could be a different story. I like to think I would be sensible enough to go for a nice cut or hairpiece rather than this gizmo .

Male baldness is a whole different thing most people would rather see a man well groomed with a bald head rather than a rug or transplant.

Latest posts

Back