WynneLayers TSV 11/08/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, if Melissa is going to be wearing either piece, its going to look horrendous if her outfit today is anything to go by - she looked "all bunched up" in a jacket that couldn't make its mind up whether its an overblown bolero or a short sleeved top !

Attachments

• Marla Jacket TSV 1.jpg
    Marla Jacket TSV 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Marla Jacket TSV 2.jpg
    Marla Jacket TSV 2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Marla Jacket TSV 3.jpg
    Marla Jacket TSV 3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Marla Jacket TSV 4.jpg
    Marla Jacket TSV 4.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Marla Jacket TSV 5.jpg
    Marla Jacket TSV 5.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 131

Attachments

• Marla Trousers TSV 1.jpg
    Marla Trousers TSV 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Marla Trousers TSV 2.jpg
    Marla Trousers TSV 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 69
  • Marla Trousers TSV 3.jpg
    Marla Trousers TSV 3.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Marla Trousers TSV 4.jpg
    Marla Trousers TSV 4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Marla Trousers TSV 5.jpg
    Marla Trousers TSV 5.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 65
I absolutely shudder to think how much this outfit is gonna set you back - I very much doubt whether you'll get much change from £200 and I'm generously taking the £6 p&p into consideration on this. The button holing on this is shocking, there's creasing and puckering right left and centre. One would've thought that they'd have ironed out all the creases before putting it on show. In the right hands and using a different fabric then this outfit could look rather classy - The only class evident here is the class that MW needs in basic needlework!

The jacket is strange. The flappy sleeves don’t go with the style and are horribly impractical. Oddly I quite like the trousers except for the full on elastic waistband. Is that now a designer feature? It reminds me of old lady crimplene with a stitched front seam. Who would tuck a top into those and hope to look good?

The jacket is strange. The flappy sleeves don’t go with the style and are horribly impractical. Oddly I quite like the trousers except for the full on elastic waistband. Is that now a designer feature? It reminds me of old lady crimplene with a stitched front seam. Who would tuck a top into those and hope to look good?
I dislike elasticated waist bands even though I’m the age range probably aimed at. They are very uncomfortable .I’m fairly slim. I avoid them at all costs. I think it saves them cash not having to worry about zips and things.

I dislike elasticated waist bands even though I’m the age range probably aimed at. They are very uncomfortable .I’m fairly slim. I avoid them at all costs. I think it saves them cash not having to worry about zips and things.
You are right, just look at the number of dresses around which have elastication. Much cheaper than zips & buttons.Just run the fabric through an auto machine.

looking at MW offerings some of the ideas I quite like but they just do not look right the fit is way off I think most of the time.A rectangle of fabric may be OK for a poncho but that’s about all.

Am I the only one who thinks baggy wide crops look... well ridiculous???????
I'm not keen on baggy trousers (Madness) or Palazzo pants anyway.
They can do for sure, imo it's all about the right footwear. Last night they were showing a wide legged cropped jumpsuit and the model was wearing high heels with it and it looked absolutely ridiculous, it was crying out for a pair of flat sandals or flatform trainers, even flip flops would've been better. The wrong shoes can make any outfit look horrific it's all about balance and it's got to look right.

WynneLayers Sedona Cropped Trousers
Item Number: 198202
QVC Price £85.00
Todays Special Value Price £64.96
P&P £1.95

These easy-to-wear cropped trousers from WynneLayers will see you from the office to the weekly shop and everywhere in between. Made from Sedona fabric for a textured linen appearance, they look sophisticated and feel beautifully lightweight, with seam details and pockets finishing things off perfectly. Mix up your outfits to suit both smart and casual settings alike, and enjoy how chic they make you feel the moment you slip them on.
Transitional staple - it's always a good idea to have pieces in your wardrobe that you can wear from season to season and these trousers are a great choice. Pair them with a vest or T-shirt on warm summer days, then layer up with a knitted top or jumper come autumn.
Pulled-together looks - there are countless ways to style these trousers, but we love the idea of putting them with the matching jacket and either a casual top or blouse for an ever-so chic suit look. By adding heels or trainers you can dress your outfit up or down further and for a smart finish, add a statement bag.
Classic colours - the beauty of these colour choices is that they really will go with absolutely anything in your wardrobe! Whether you go for classic Black, timeless Chambray or fashionable Prairie Sand, you'll find each option slots in effortlessly into your collection.
  • Elasticated waistband
  • 90% viscose, 10% nylon
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Black
  • Chambray
  • Prairie Sand
Garment measurements:
  • Waist: XS: 68.6cm (27"), S: 73.7cm (29"), M: 78.7cm (31"), L: 85.1cm (33.5"), XL: 93.4cm (36.8"), 2XL: 104.1cm (41"), 3XL: 114.6cm (45.1")
  • Hip: XS: 95.3cm (37.5"), S: 100.3cm (39.5"), M: 105.4cm (41.5"), L: 111.8cm (44"), XL: 119.4cm (47"), 2XL: 130.8cm (51.5"), 3XL: 141cm (55.5")
  • Inseam (all sizes): 61cm (24")
All measurements are approximate

WynneLayers Sedona Swing Back Jacket
Item Number: 198201
QVC Price £98.00
Todays Special Value Price £84.96
P&P £1.95

An easy-to-wear jacket from WynneLayers, this design will see you from the office to the weekly shop and everywhere in between. Made from Sedona fabric for a textured linen appearance, it looks sophisticated and feels beautifully lightweight, with utility pockets making for a trendy addition. Mix up your outfits to suit both smart and casual settings alike, and pull it on last minute whenever you need a stylish flourish.
Transitional staple - it's always a good idea to have pieces in your wardrobe that you can wear from season to season and this jacket is one of them. Throw it on over dresses and vests on warmer days, then layer up with a knitted top or jumper and a scarf come autumn and winter.
Pulled-together looks - there are countless ways to wear this jacket, but we love the idea of pairing it with the matching trousers and either a casual top or blouse for an ever-so chic suit look. By adding heels or trainers you can dress it up or down further and for a smart finish, add a statement bag.
Classic colours - the beauty of these colour choices is that they will go with absolutely anything in your wardrobe! Whether you go for classic Black, timeless Chambray or fashionable Prairie Sand, you'll find each option slots effortlessly into your collection.
  • Button fastenings
  • Two utility pockets
  • Swing back design
  • 90% viscose, 10% nylon
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Black
  • Chambray
  • Prairie Sand
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: XS: 154.9cm (61"), S: 160cm (63"), M: 165.1cm (65"), L: 171.5cm (67.5"), XL: 177.9cm (70.1"), 2XL: 190.5cm (75"), 3XL: 200.7cm (79")
  • Length: XS: 64.8cm (25.5"), S: 65.4cm (25.8"), M: 66cm (26"), L: 67cm (26.4"), XL: 68.3cm (26.9"), 2XL: 69.9cm (27.5"), 3XL: 72.1cm (28.4")
All measurements are approximate

I saw this last night, again is it the fit of the jacket? On one model it was very strained across the bust yet all that fabric in the back.The dipped hemline and poking out at the front, large pockets.I think you would be very lucky if this looked good on you and felt comfortable?With that probably a sell out.

I saw this last night, again is it the fit of the jacket? On one model it was very strained across the bust yet all that fabric in the back.The dipped hemline and poking out at the front, large pockets.I think you would be very lucky if this looked good on you and felt comfortable?With that probably a sell out.
I also noticed the jacket pulling across the chest of the size 18 model. The outfit looked almost OK on Tiff, but wretched on the BA, who has finally ditched her clinging size 12 for a 14. It doesn't do a lot to help her though.

Latest posts

Back