Festive Food Preview

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meant to say, my next Bounty is definitely going in the freezer.

6 small Bounties for a£1 in Pounldland. Good job they only come in milk and I like dark. I buy them for my Dad and he can go through 2 at a time.

Never understood how folk can eat chocolate which is soft - the fridge is a must but Mr L doesn't agree and I worked with someone who put cream eggs on the radiator!

6 small Bounties for a£1 in Pounldland. Good job they only come in milk and I like dark. I buy them for my Dad and he can go through 2 at a time.

Never understood how folk can eat chocolate which is soft - the fridge is a must but Mr L doesn't agree and I worked with someone who put cream eggs on the radiator!

My son sticks his chocolate in the microwave to melt it, goes back to taking him to Cadbury World, where you get little pots of melted chocolate.

Ooh you are making me crave some chocolate and I haven't got any in the house. Would love some Lindt.

May be the thought was the with the heat the egg may hatch and then they would have a cream chicken and this would lay more cream eggs.:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_47::mysmilie_47:

Living in the sticks and no farm shops/farmers markets but liking nice unusual foodie bits I have in the past purchased food (mail order in those days) and it was always a clean fortune and not always of the quality you would expect for the price point so it not new.

I don't have a sweet tooth but always have a stash to take to my Dad. Mr L has a very sweet tooth and occasionally raids the stash but even he admits that Cadbury/Galaxy/Mars brand chocolate bars have become too sweet.

I am partial to Lindt chocolate balls especially the dark ones.

But my big downfall is anything savoury, crisps, nuts, cheese etc. When Bake Off is on the big gooey cakes do nothing for me but as soon as they do bread or savoury pies I crave something.

I don't have a sweet tooth but always have a stash to take to my Dad. Mr L has a very sweet tooth and occasionally raids the stash but even he admits that Cadbury/Galaxy/Mars brand chocolate bars have become too sweet.

I am partial to Lindt chocolate balls especially the dark ones.

But my big downfall is anything savoury, crisps, nuts, cheese etc. When Bake Off is on the big gooey cakes do nothing for me but as soon as they do bread or savoury pies I crave something.

Overall I am a savoury person, I also make my bread fresh every day....

Twiglets and Doritos are my downfall, as I also prefer savoury stuff. I can take or leave chocolate, but have gone right off Cadburys, as I think they've changed the recipe - it's become too sickly for me these days.

I am missing all this madness as I am not watching at the moment can't abide all this Festive, gifting etc.etc, nearly 3 months of this--No Thanks! Who on earth pays these silly prices for food from QVC (they are probably paying for Yong K. items too) Everyone has the right to spend their cash as they see fit but these things get ridiculous.Even those who are housebound can shop on line or get to the nearest Aldi or Lidl.No matter how much money you have there is so much more you could do without throwing it away on overpriced foods.

Some of the reasons I think they are prepared to pay that is that they can't cook or can't be bothered and, they have more money than sense. I know if I make my own I get a great product and, I know just what goes in them. I do about 90% of all the cooking in my home from scratch and it saves about 40% on my food bill. No brainer really.

M&S and Waitrose are not cheap but are a lot cheaper and probably taste better. I am sure the major supermarkets are cheaper and you can get it delivered, there is no excuse for paying their prices, rip off!!!!!!!!

Chocolate needs to be in the fridge imo.

Mind you I can't understand the prices paid for Loccy shower gel or some of the beauty items so I suppose it's horses for courses.

Snack a Jacks are my down fall, the salt and vinegar ones make the skin in your mouth, and your tongue, go white, so had to move on to the sour cream ones. I came back from the supermarket once with a massive amount (not telling) the husbands face was a picture, I said to him what? I'm on a diet they're low fat, he said not when you eat ten bags in one go they're not. :mysmilie_17:

I'm more a savoury, love rice crisps and cakes, but I'm partial to a Bounty/Double Decker/Topic (I'm not fussy). Yuk imagine the mess of a melted cream egg. :mysmilie_17:

I've come to the conclusion that Q foods should be put in a glass case as a family treasure, to be admired by visitors - perhaps they'll be an Antiques Roadshow one of these days? As Pope Pete would say when he talks about Kinkycades...."don't forget to let your household insurance know" (my other half, who works in insurance, laughed so much he nearly fell off his chair when the Pope said this).:mysmilie_19:

That's true, I was underpricing them somewhat, because if QVC sold them, the coconuts would've been picked by little flying mystical creatures and lovingly wrapped in solid sheets of gold to protect them as they make their journey to a little cottage called Sour (sounds like Gower. :mysmilie_17:) to be covered in chocolate, then they'll charge £5.95 p&p for one, so make that £142.50 plus p&p for one.

I've come to the conclusion that Q foods should be put in a glass case as a family treasure, to be admired by visitors - perhaps they'll be an Antiques Roadshow one of these days? As Pope Pete would say when he talks about Kinkycades...."don't forget to let your household insurance know" (my other half, who works in insurance, laughed so much he nearly fell off his chair when the Pope said this).:mysmilie_19:

I agree, can you imaging someone taking a "Real Pie" or "Gower Brownie" to be appraised. :mysmilie_17: let's face it at those prices, you'd be scared to eat it, so yes you'd put it away to show the grandkids. :mysmilie_15:

Of course. what came first, the creme chicken or the creme egg??? :mysmilie_47::mysmilie_47::mysmilie_47:

That made me giggle, had visions of a Cadburys cream chicken, laying a cream egg. :mysmilie_17: what ever came first is the one that is only available on QVC, a QVChicken. :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back