Catherine Tate mocking QVC on TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
About 2210 on ITV's nightly show (the first time I've watched it).

Actually, she was mocking herself for buying loads of items she never used, including a Pilates table and a hedge trimmer.

I saw this too. All of Ruth's "If you think you know QVC think again" undone in a couple of minutes.

I saw it and thought the mocking of the two brooches of animals that she said she bought but never wears was hilarious! It really was funny and mickey taking! :mysmilie_17:

Then that button machine thing came out and they both joked that they got it from Selly Telly! Not sure why they kept going on about QVC but they were mocking it for ages and laughing! :mysmilie_17:

Then that button machine thing came out and they both joked that they got it from Selly Telly! Not sure why they kept going on about QVC but they were mocking it for ages and laughing! :mysmilie_17:

Maybe she`s had "the letter" ?

I saw this too. All of Ruth's "If you think you know QVC think again" undone in a couple of minutes.

I also think the Ruth commercial has made QVC an even bigger laughing stock, if that's at all possible. Ruth acts all surprised at QVCs "high end" products, 30 day mbg etc so is she trying to say that in 23 years she's never once, not once, looked at QVC? All she's gone on to prove in that commercial is that QVC is so boring and uninspiring, that in 23 years she couldn't even be arsed tuning in to it or even more so, shopping from it, her with her love of shopping an' all.

Somehow I don't think Ruth or Eamon need to worry about 30 dmbg or EP so it's all a load of shite and as you say it looks ridiculous to all but the groupies.

Somehow I don't think Ruth or Eamon need to worry about 30 dmbg or EP so it's all a load of shite and as you say it looks ridiculous to all but the groupies.

That's true, I should imagine that Ruth gets the majority of "her" clothes given to her free...........she fits in well then at QVC, oh yes, they all do love their freebies over their at QVC.

Why anyone would want to buy clothes at QVC is beyond me. You can walk into any shop on the dreaded high street, from Primark through to M&S and John Lewis, and find clothes that look nicer, are of better quality and materials, and are cheaper.

Plus most clothes shops and high-end stores have an online presence now. And don't screw you over with the P&P.

I didn't see Catherine Tate - was she mocking Q?

The reason I ask is that Del Boy is going on about it and raving about CT being a massive Q customer, and she was going to give a link (on her blog?) to it. I had imagined that CT was taking the p*** but I must have been wrong.

I saw that too. Flinty clearly wasn't aware that CT was mickey taking (only going on the words of you lot on here because I didn't see it either), but she even offered an invite to CT to come to QVC where she would be shown around. Custard tart on Flinty then if it was all a big p..s take.

Why anyone would want to buy clothes at QVC is beyond me. You can walk into any shop on the dreaded high street, from Primark through to M&S and John Lewis, and find clothes that look nicer, are of better quality and materials, and are cheaper.

Plus most clothes shops and high-end stores have an online presence now. And don't screw you over with the P&P.

Don't forget CHuntley tells us daily of the dangers of the high street, hit by a bus, lumps of ice that fall from aeroplane toilets, falling wreckage from a space station. These all must be taken into consideration when you venture outside into the real world to shop.

Don't forget CHuntley tells us daily of the dangers of the high street, hit by a bus, lumps of ice that fall from aeroplane toilets, falling wreckage from a space station. These all must be taken into consideration when you venture outside into the real world to shop.

Next time I head out I'll make sure I'm properly dressed for it!

53745f9663084f758532834e04ca7ff7.jpg

I'm not sure myself whether it was true.

She was obviously making a big joke about it, but she may well have had a mad weekend and ordered loads of stuff, and the items she mentioned were actual QVC items so she must watch the channel.

It is probably still available on the ITV player if you want to watch it and see what you think.

I heard DF going on about it too.She seemed really enthusiastic about it .I thought she was being, ironic but not sure she is capable of that. Anyway she said she'd post a clip on her blog.

A few on the Q Facebook are going on about how she is just like them, loves ordering from QVC! Oh dear :mysmilie_17:

Ehhh? CT was completely mocking it and saying how when you buy stupid things you never seem to use them! I don't think she was talking of her own experience, she was just speaking what actually happens when you buy off the Telly! Spot on :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back