Another Yankee show cancelled!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They have changed the TV Guide for yesterday now! Very helpful of them!

There was a Yankee show listed in the TV Guide tomorrow morning but that's gone now too, Mazza. Looks like they're not on again until 5th May.

Surely there has to be more to it than just scheduling cock-ups - admittedly not beyond the remit of Q's ineptitude, but does seem to be YC shows that are being 'incorrectly scheduled'?! Reckon they'll come back with yet another guest presenter or maybe they'll bring back Steven now that some time has passed since candle-gate?!?!

It's all very odd, because I saw the late show with Rosa last week, think it was on at 11pm, and she said they would be back on this week, new guest Monday and she herself on Wednesday. So it can't be just a mix up on the guide, if Rosa thought she would be back tomorrow.

He has been let go(sacked), so no won't be forgiven. In fact seems this the second time the husband went off on social media at people.

I have no interest in Yankee Candles, a friend buys but only from local shops they are always on offer anyway. She sticks to Red Roses and Cinnamon Stick(that are the only ones I ever seen sitting out), she openly says most of the other fragrances are yuck or nothing at all. Yankee burst into the UK and then bumped other brands out of their way, every nic nac shop sold them only, chemists etc. Now I see look alike brands everywhere, think Molton Brown and Hardy and Baily(sp) cheaper but similar smells. The quality of Yankee have gone down big time over the past few years. I wonder has the company been sold and hence the cheaper ingredients, which smoke like mad and yes leave black soot on the jars and up the walls and smell of nothing. Who remembers the statement,"We use fragrance oils right down to the bottom! Other brands only scent the top so you burn and then the smell disappears."? Perfect description of Yankee Candles now.

Apart from the super fans the brands has been going out of fashion for ages now. QVC now see or want to see they are appealing to the middle classes now(hey the Daily Mail did an article:mysmilie_19:), they buy Jo Malone or Diptyque for gifting. :mysmilie_59:

I stopped burning yc because of the smoking, and the strong smell of parrafin, instead of any discernible 'fragrance'. I still use the wax melts, although I'm using more WoodWick than yc, these days.

Oh yes. I already had that in my recording list so will delete it, thanks Andi. I see it is a Fashion Outlet now. I wonder what is going on! I still like YC very much and sincerely hope they don't ditch them.

:mysmilie_59:

I'd be surprised if they stopped selling Yankee altogether but stranger things have happened at QVC. I have wondered if Yankee might go the way of Leighton Denny and others which I'm sure many on the forum could name (I'm less knowledgeable about Q's history and the brands as I'm selective in my viewing). When I first saw Yankee on QVC, the only other place I'd noticed them was in Clinton's - not that I'd been looking hard - but now they are everywhere. Same with Leighton Denny, who I'd never heard of before I saw them on QVC about 10 years ago. It seems as some brands become more widely available, they lose interest in QVC or vice versa, presumably because the "deals" they strike become less advantageous to one or both??

Surely there has to be more to it than just scheduling cock-ups - admittedly not beyond the remit of Q's ineptitude, but does seem to be YC shows that are being 'incorrectly scheduled'?! Reckon they'll come back with yet another guest presenter or maybe they'll bring back Steven now that some time has passed since candle-gate?!?!

If it hasn't worked out with that new woman (Michaela?) and they are looking for another person to alternate with Rosa, this would explain the changes this week. I do think we've seen the last of Steven though.

I was in savers chemist today and they were selling boxes of 12 Yankee tea lights for £3.99. One of the flavours was fig, can't remember the other two.

Only ever bothered with the melts and it is now near impossible to get any throw out of them at all. I won't buy any more when my stash is done.

Doubt it very much. Anyway he is too busy in his shop and worshipping CHuntly on Twitter.

He has been let go(sacked), so no won't be forgiven. In fact seems this the second time the husband went off on social media at people.

I have no interest in Yankee Candles, a friend buys but only from local shops they are always on offer anyway. She sticks to Red Roses and Cinnamon Stick(that are the only ones I ever seen sitting out), she openly says most of the other fragrances are yuck or nothing at all. Yankee burst into the UK and then bumped other brands out of their way, every nic nac shop sold them only, chemists etc. Now I see look alike brands everywhere, think Molton Brown and Hardy and Baily(sp) cheaper but similar smells. The quality of Yankee have gone down big time over the past few years. I wonder has the company been sold and hence the cheaper ingredients, which smoke like mad and yes leave black soot on the jars and up the walls and smell of nothing. Who remembers the statement,"We use fragrance oils right down to the bottom! Other brands only scent the top so you burn and then the smell disappears."? Perfect description of Yankee Candles now.

Apart from the super fans the brands has been going out of fashion for ages now. QVC now see or want to see they are appealing to the middle classes now(hey the Daily Mail did an article:mysmilie_19:), they buy Jo Malone or Diptyque for gifting. :mysmilie_59:

Village Candles are the Yankee rip-offs that seem to be replacing them in Garden Centres etc. It has always been a problem for brands that they can't copywrite all the elements of their packaging. This is them:

http://www.temptationgifts.com/gifts-by-brand/village-candle

Talking about only fragrancing the top of the candle, I was really enjoying Garden by the Sea, but the last time we burnt it the fragrance was much weaker (we're now about a quarter down). Has anyone else experienced this? Even my Diptique candle soots a bit.

Village Candles are the Yankee rip-offs that seem to be replacing them in Garden Centres etc. It has always been a problem for brands that they can't copywrite all the elements of their packaging. This is them:

http://www.temptationgifts.com/gifts-by-brand/village-candle

Talking about only fragrancing the top of the candle, I was really enjoying Garden by the Sea, but the last time we burnt it the fragrance was much weaker (we're now about a quarter down). Has anyone else experienced this? Even my Diptique candle soots a bit.

Village Candle fan here. In fact, I've just pulled out a large jar I got ages ago called Christmas On The Beach (it doesn't look Christmassy as it's white and the label is yellow/orange) - it smells how I imagine the recent Yankee Coconut Beach smells. They burn beautifully and have a fantastic throw, possibly too much for some people, and tend to be cheaper than Yankees. I have had one smoker, just as I get the occasional Yankee smoker. As you say, Minx, even the upmarket/expensive candles can smoke. I was given a Jo Malone candle which was a bu99er!

I haven't had Garden By The Sea but a Summer Scoop large jar I was burning last year had no smell whatsoever after about a quarter of the way down.

Latest posts

Back