Got To Have It Day TSV 28/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've gone for the TSV, love my babyliss big hair (if it ever breaks I don't think I will be able to leave the house until I get another :mysmilie_17:) but I love the look of this new product to smooth my hair in hot weather or if I get caught in the rain, rather than having to wash it all over again. Can't wait to try it.

I've decided to go for this as well. I also cannot imagine going back to life before big hair, and barely give my hairdryer a second glance. What swung it for me is the damping down and re styling I have today. I have limited time in the morning so this could be a match made in heaven with the BH.

I've decided to go for this as well. I also cannot imagine going back to life before big hair, and barely give my hairdryer a second glance. What swung it for me is the damping down and re styling I have today. I have limited time in the morning so this could be a match made in heaven with the BH.
Be interesting to hear how you get on MML, hope we aren't waiting too long to get them!

I was tempted with the TSV but just read reviews of the other Babyliss products on QVC and they only seem to have a lifespan of 18 months and people have returned them. At least they have a guarantee of 2 years so they can do this. I assume the guarantee on this will be the same. It's enough to put me off though.

I will report back. I bought quite a bit this weekend. Two TSVs, the PK Elasticiser and the Kipling Audria bag (better value than the OTO, IMO). Now sitting on my hands!

I was tempted with the TSV but just read reviews of the other Babyliss products on QVC and they only seem to have a lifespan of 18 months and people have returned them. At least they have a guarantee of 2 years so they can do this. I assume the guarantee on this will be the same. It's enough to put me off though.

Interesting. I think I've had my Big Hair over 12 months, not sure if I'm at 18 months. Mine has been dragged around Europe and survived different electrical systems, so it didn't occur to me that it won't last. I will continue optimistic, but wary.

Have you received yours, MML?
I've had a play with mine this evening. Boy it takes a long time to heat up to full temp (I have thick coarse hair that can cope with anything, so I'm not messing about starting with a lower heat as they suggested). It definitely works though, my hair hadn't been washed for 4 days today and there was some frizz from drizzle - it definitely smoothed it down whilst keeping the bounce. Whether or not I get enough use from it to justify the price remains to be seen, so I'll see how much I used it over the next week or two.

I can't be bothered with the glove, I like the instinct of feeling my hair as I style it, so I'm just really careful not to touch it directly... I can sense accidental burns coming on :mysmilie_17:

Have you received yours, MML?
I've had a play with mine this evening. Boy it takes a long time to heat up to full temp (I have thick coarse hair that can cope with anything, so I'm not messing about starting with a lower heat as they suggested). It definitely works though, my hair hadn't been washed for 4 days today and there was some frizz from drizzle - it definitely smoothed it down whilst keeping the bounce. Whether or not I get enough use from it to justify the price remains to be seen, so I'll see how much I used it over the next week or two.

I can't be bothered with the glove, I like the instinct of feeling my hair as I style it, so I'm just really careful not to touch it directly... I can sense accidental burns coming on :mysmilie_17:

Not yet. Bet it arrives tomorrow when I'm not there :mysmilie_10: I have the same feeling about the glove, tbh.

Mine came today, and Im a sucker for all babyliss products, I love the big hair, and the last tsv, thats like a brush but doesn't rotate, is a realy good one, the only one I cant get on with the the one that sucks your hair into it and curls it.

This one realy does smooth your hair, but I it seems to go so slow, whether its because its not blowing hot hair its just a rotating barrel, I did use the glove, because Im always burning my hand and it does get very hot.

My hair is long and thick, and it will only take a small ammount or it wont rotate, I will keep it, but I think they will have to go a long way to replace the big hair, Im on my second one, but I do use it a lot.

Mine came today, and Im a sucker for all babyliss products, I love the big hair, and the last tsv, thats like a brush but doesn't rotate, is a realy good one, the only one I cant get on with the the one that sucks your hair into it and curls it.

This one realy does smooth your hair, but I it seems to go so slow, whether its because its not blowing hot hair its just a rotating barrel, I did use the glove, because Im always burning my hand and it does get very hot.

My hair is long and thick, and it will only take a small ammount or it wont rotate, I will keep it, but I think they will have to go a long way to replace the big hair, Im on my second one, but I do use it a lot.

I thought there was something wrong with mine as it went really round really slowly. I'm not sold on it yet and don't think it's as good as the original Big Hair Styler that I got a few years ago. My second one was rubbish for some reason and I'm on the fence about this one.

I thought there was something wrong with mine as it went really round really slowly. I'm not sold on it yet and don't think it's as good as the original Big Hair Styler that I got a few years ago. My second one was rubbish for some reason and I'm on the fence about this one.

I will keep mine just in case the big hair brush breaks, but ive used it again this morning, and keep looking for a go faster button, definitely not their best, and I am a bit of an expert on babyliss.

I agree that it rotates really slowly. Maybe we're all just too used to the Big Hair whirling round quickly!

Latest posts

Back