Model Tanya posting on Facebook.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh!!!!! I did say when Jo got the boot from QVC she was quite bitter over Tanya and AY both she considered friends dumping her.

Karmas aBitch. Tanya was my best friend for years! And stabbed me in the back! For her own Gain! Karma!

Above the comments from Jo Anne

Sounds more like revenge, not karma.

I thought that Ralph was heavily into dating Natalie (the dark haired model who is Jess Conrad's daughter), and she too has done a vanishing act.

Several on here have indicated that Q's 'target' audience are the 30+ - which may be true, but I think the age group that actually watch the channel on a regular basis day in and day out are more likely to be the over 50's and more so when it comes to the over 60's ! So when we get shows like Joe Brown, and shoe programmes that include the awful shoe-boots I often wonder if their is a slump in sales, due to the age of the audience.

My daughter in law is 35 and had never even heard of QVC when she once commented on my cozee home bedding and asked where I`d bought it ?
I think younger generations are so internet savvy that they don`t even consider watching selly telly.

The make up brands bring in a younger audience but I doubt many watch the "fashion" shows.

Jo Skinner is right, karma does come back to bite but I don't think she should be openly gloating on Qs FB. Interesting that the usual suspect "groupies" haven't called her out as being rude. Had that been just a regular customer being bitchy they would've jumped on the thread. Seems like if you're a model, ex QVC or not, or a presenter these groupies don't say anything.

I thought that Ralph was heavily into dating Natalie (the dark haired model who is Jess Conrad's daughter), and she too has done a vanishing act.

What's all this??? Are we saying Ralph is a bit of a Lothario??? Blimey!

I would imagine the modelling world is pretty tough and you get very little tea and sympathy if you are dropped. Sorry Kate, Chanel are using Kendall Jenner this year, byeeee! However I would have thought it less cutthroat at the lower end of the industry, i.e. Places like Q, especially after 20years. Interesting that Jo has launched in, but she was probably very hurt is her friends suddenly snubbed her after she was fired. I mean why would you do that? Q can't dictate who you see socially!

Jo, after being dumped by Q for having a too big personality I believe, ended up on IW (for a very short time modelling) and Loen went on an on about her being let go by Q because she was too big (physically). She opened her own modelling agency I believe but this FB comment has done her no favours. Better to remain dignified and privately gloat, no matter how hurt she may have been at the time. This just proves the wound is still sore and no friendship fallout is worth that.

It's a shame to see her go, I thought she had good rapport with the presenters and was a good model.

It does seem to be cut-throat how she was let go, but very little good ever comes from publicly slagging off your ex-employers, especially on social media where prospective future employers can do a search for you.

It's a shame to see her go, I thought she had good rapport with the presenters and was a good model.

It does seem to be cut-throat how she was let go, but very little good ever comes from publicly slagging off your ex-employers, especially on social media where prospective future employers can do a search for you.

That's a good point. One of the many perils of FB posting!

I've only just caught up with the FB squabbling - I do love a good drama (that doesn't involve me, obviously!). I feel sorry for Tanya being let go - she's one of the few models I know the name of. I'd love to know more, though. I mean, there's no nice way to lose your job or regular work but was it done in a particularly harsh way, I wonder? OK, it's QVC, so that probably doesn't need answering!

I do know another "brand model" on QVC - ie she is only on for one particular brand, as far as I know. I haven't seen her on QVC for a while but then I wouldn't as I hardly watch. If I see her socially, I will see what she says it's like from her point of view.

Old Tiff seems to have no difficulty getting work, apart from Q she is in every magazine selling just about everything. I was walking through a shopping centre in Dublin and Mr L pointed to a poster with our Tiff on it but for the life of us we can't remember what it was for - nothing we had seen her doing before but we do remember it being something odd/medical.

Old Tiff seems to have no difficulty getting work, apart from Q she is in every magazine selling just about everything. I was walking through a shopping centre in Dublin and Mr L pointed to a poster with our Tiff on it but for the life of us we can't remember what it was for - nothing we had seen her doing before but we do remember it being something odd/medical.

She has been in one of them medical aids brochures!!

That's a good point. One of the many perils of FB posting!

I've only just caught up with the FB squabbling - I do love a good drama (that doesn't involve me, obviously!). I feel sorry for Tanya being let go - she's one of the few models I know the name of. I'd love to know more, though. I mean, there's no nice way to lose your job or regular work but was it done in a particularly harsh way, I wonder? OK, it's QVC, so that probably doesn't need answering!

I do know another "brand model" on QVC - ie she is only on for one particular brand, as far as I know. I haven't seen her on QVC for a while but then I wouldn't as I hardly watch. If I see her socially, I will see what she says it's like from her point of view.
IF????????

Invite her round, get her drunk, pump her for info!!!!! We need details.

I wondered why we hadn't seen Tanya - she was with them for a long time, because I've been a view for more than 20 years since they started in fact, she was one of my favourites - what a terrible way to treat her - disgusting.

As life at a ex QVC model. Okay you hit 40 and its the Lady Tena and the Hemmies ads that you get casting calls for. Unless you have your foot in the door with QVC as a favourite blue eye or have some really good dirt on the boss.

Latest posts

Back