Q and Yankee Candle Parting Ways?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Judging by some of the recent poor reviews, maybe they had too many returns to sustain the brand? All seemed to go downhill when they moved manufacturing from the US to the EU...

NOOOOOO! This is a DISASTER. I had found the shows very poor this year and the delay in getting the Festive new UK fragrances in large jars was rather marked. I had mine for well over a month before they came on Q, in fact I only bought them because I gave up waiting. That's Rosa out of a job too then!

I do wish we found out the truth as to why brands leave Q, I want to know the background to this. I am surprised they are leaving a large retailer when they have built a large factory in Europ, thus upping their productivity. I don't for one moment believe Q would chuck them out because of quality concerns because plenty of us still like the brand, and Q don't normally have quality qualms either.

I'm a bit fed up now! The boiler has gone rogue so I am awaiting British Gas and now this!

At the end of the day it`s just smelly wax and smelly wax which can be bought elsewhere. Lots of places do Yankee and the world is awash with other brands too. I`ve read many complaints on Q`s facebook especially this past year and folks sick of waiting for late deliveries plus poor quality burning and lack of throw. I`m sure Yankee wouldn`t leave Q unless it was in their favour to do so but maybe Q thought Yankee have had their day on selly telly and it`s time to move on to other brands. I`m certain they`ll be flogging yet more smelly wax in the near future.

its not that easy to get Yankee Candles anymore. I live in the middle of London and its not that easy to get them at a good price or the newer scents. I bet a lot of the smaller more expensive outlets will be happy but imo if this is true I am not impressed.

cvc dont sell as much it seems. maybe that's more of an issue

NOOOOOO! This is a DISASTER. I had found the shows very poor this year and the delay in getting the Festive new UK fragrances in large jars was rather marked. I had mine for well over a month before they came on Q, in fact I only bought them because I gave up waiting. That's Rosa out of a job too then!

I do wish we found out the truth as to why brands leave Q, I want to know the background to this. I am surprised they are leaving a large retailer when they have built a large factory in Europ, thus upping their productivity. I don't for one moment believe Q would chuck them out because of quality concerns because plenty of us still like the brand, and Q don't normally have quality qualms either.

I'm a bit fed up now! The boiler has gone rogue so I am awaiting British Gas and now this!

I feel your pain Mazza.
I got in from work last Wednesday evening and the house was freezing, so I instantly know that something was wrong.
Thankfully it's repaired now but British Gas weren't able to come and look at it until Saturday afternoon and it was the longest three days of my life.
On the positive side, I definitely got my money's worth out of the Dyson fan I bought last year though.

its not that easy to get Yankee Candles anymore. I live in the middle of London and its not that easy to get them at a good price or the newer scents. I bet a lot of the smaller more expensive outlets will be happy but imo if this is true I am not impressed.

I'm with you there, boffy. I'm in London too and no sign of Yankees whatsoever! Especially the new fragrances. If I can't get them on Q I usually use Temptation Gifts as the cheapest online I can find but they are not as cheap as Q. Despite hours on google looking for all these cheap sources people mention, I have never found any sites better than TG or Q. I know Andik finds some very good sets of established scents on Amazon and kindly gives us the heads up, but if anyone has a good.online source for new fragrances please post a link!

I do sometimes see a comparable price on Candles Direct (which was once upon a time the Yankee Doodle site and very cheap but they fell out with YC) and Rhys Candles (but they have been having computer problems for about a year now and their website does not have new stock items). So part from these and the YC official site, my internet surfing has drawn a blank.

:mysmilie_59:

I feel your pain Mazza.
I got in from work last Wednesday evening and the house was freezing, so I instantly know that something was wrong.
Thankfully it's repaired now but British Gas weren't able to come and look at it until Saturday afternoon and it was the longest three days of my life.
On the positive side, I definitely got my money's worth out of the Dyson fan I bought last year though.

Exactly what I'm using today, Mr M.!

boffy, there are loads of places you can buy Yankee Candle at good prices, they're instantly cheaper because most places don't charge postage.

I’ve seen Yankee on sale in lots of different store and they had a selection of them in my local Boots this week. It’s not something I will miss on Q as I don’t buy them.

boffy, there are loads of places you can buy Yankee Candle at good prices, they're instantly cheaper because most places don't charge postage.

sometimes thats true but not always.. you can sometimes get large jars for around £18 but they dont always have the candle scent I want or the new releases or the samplers and tarts. the TSV with the 10 small jars is really good because you get to sample the scents before investing in the bigger jars. I jus phoned QVC customer service and she said that Yankee are not leaving QVc but she would say that. what was the point of having a factory in Europe if they are pulling out

I bought a couple of YC's in Wilkos at the weekend.
Granted they were the 'cheaper' Home Inspirations range.
Anyway I bought Sunlight on Snow & Candy Cane Forest which I'm assuming are the budget versions of Snow In Love & Candy Cane Lane.
Either way, they were £10.00 each (medium size) and I really like them.
Candy Cane Lane has always been a favourite of mine, but I definitely prefer Candy Cane Forest. I don't think I've ever sampled Snow In Love, so I can't really compare the two, but Sunlight on Snow is really, really nice.
They also had some Pine fragranced ones, but I'm not generally a fan of those scents, so I didn't bother with those.
I've just ordered these to use once the candles have finished.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D7H3XQ9/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I stopped buying Yankee a while ago due to smoke and tunnelling issues and I started to fine the scents synthetic and weak-with the odd exception!

I've switched to Candleberry or Woodwick which I find much nicer and with more even burn.

I'm a bit suprised they're disappearing from Q though-maybe a new brand will emerge.

I stopped buying Yankee a while ago due to smoke and tunnelling issues and I started to fine the scents synthetic and weak-with the odd exception!

I've switched to Candleberry or Woodwick which I find much nicer and with more even burn.

I'm a bit suprised they're disappearing from Q though-maybe a new brand will emerge.

Woodwick are really lovely candles.

woodwick are owned by yankee candles

The last YC I had 2 or 3 years ago, smelt of paraffin and smoked . I get Colony reed diffusers now.

I feel your pain Mazza.
Well British Gas came and the boiler and defective valve worked perfectly, sod them both! I think he thought I was mad, especially when I burst into tears because the boiler didn't just stay on regardless of the controls being firmly switched off, like it did all Sunday and Monday. I wonder how long this will last.....

sometimes thats true but not always.. you can sometimes get large jars for around £18 but they dont always have the candle scent I want or the new releases or the samplers and tarts. the TSV with the 10 small jars is really good because you get to sample the scents before investing in the bigger jars. I jus phoned QVC customer service and she said that Yankee are not leaving QVc but she would say that. what was the point of having a factory in Europe if they are pulling out

I hope you find what you like, I have a poor sense of smell so I like candles more for the ambiance (oooh get me. :mysmilie_17:) so I go for the likes of the supermarket ranges and Aldi’s, I absolutely love Aldi’s, I can actually smell them and they’re really inexpensive, so it’s a win win :mysmilie_3:

At the end of the day it`s just smelly wax and smelly wax which can be bought elsewhere. Lots of places do Yankee and the world is awash with other brands too. I`ve read many complaints on Q`s facebook especially this past year and folks sick of waiting for late deliveries plus poor quality burning and lack of throw. I`m sure Yankee wouldn`t leave Q unless it was in their favour to do so but maybe Q thought Yankee have had their day on selly telly and it`s time to move on to other brands. I`m certain they`ll be flogging yet more smelly wax in the near future.

And they will say they are the best candles ever, much better than a previous brand they sold (I don't think they will say the name)

Latest posts

Back