Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare TSV 03/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is possibly a dumb question, but can the body cleanse and polish be used on the face (minus the loofah of course)?

This is possibly a dumb question, but can the body cleanse and polish be used on the face (minus the loofah of course)?
This was posted by LE on her website as an answer to a reviewer who used C&P.
Our new Cleanse & Polish Body is inspired by our original beauty icon, however there are differences between the two products as they are both designed for specific areas and uses. Cleanse & Polish Body is enriched with naturally derived foaming agents and a high content of plant oils, specially selected for their unique properties.

This was posted by LE on her website as an answer to a reviewer who used C&P.
Our new Cleanse & Polish Body is inspired by our original beauty icon, however there are differences between the two products as they are both designed for specific areas and uses. Cleanse & Polish Body is enriched with naturally derived foaming agents and a high content of plant oils, specially selected for their unique properties.

Thanks Llloyd, I don't have sensitive skin at all so if I do decide to get this TSV, I think I'd use it on my face in the shower, just avoid the eye area.

Wandering back to previous posts... I have a Springer and a rat.

The Springer is wanted, the ****** rat isn't.

I'm careful with bird food and have dozens of birds coming to the garden - much to the dog's delight. They keep his nose pressed to the patio window for hours!

That ****** rat, though (and where there's one, there are always more). The problem is my neighbour - messy garden, ramshackle shed and for the piece de resistance tears up a loaf of bread every afternoon for the birds and leaves it there :angry:

The following morning we have bigger birds (seagulls, magpies, crows) clamouring all over the place for the leftovers. I HATE seagulls with a passion. They'll swoop down on me as I hang out washing and then sh!t all over it. I hate the seagulls more than the rat!

I saw the neighbour putting bread out a few weeks ago and asked her if she knew we had rats. And what do you know, she says YES and trots off back in her house leaving me slack-jawed in disbelief of her ignorance. I saw her again and asked her to not leave the bread out overnight but she wasn't having it that it encourages pests. She said she leaves food out for the "little" birds as her cats like catching them and bringing them into her house :taphead:

I can't believe how dense some people are these days. What really ****** annoys me, though, is she's the last council house in the street and has had pest control down for free to remove a wasps nest, but refuses to do anything about the rats. I phoned the council pest control and they told me I could have them but I'd have to pay and even though they had seen evidence of rats when they got rid of the wasps, they can't do anything in her garden until she asks them to! They told me it'd be a waste of money to have them in as they're obviously coming from hers.

Aaarrgh!

:mysmilie_17:

Landing cupboard with loads of LE boxes full of the stuff.
Also including a not opened yet limited edition scented body cleanse & polish received as a Christmas gift.
So that’s all in stock apart from the LE gel mask

My ml for ml value = that will be nowt known, will just have a rummage in my boxes.

:mysmilie_3:

I need a landing cupboard........

Thanks Llloyd, I don't have sensitive skin at all so if I do decide to get this TSV, I think I'd use it on my face in the shower, just avoid the eye area.

I'd be careful T. Reading between the lines & remembering the previous body exfol. they did, I'd expect it to be a wee bit zingy - ie more eucalyptus & probs 'parfum' in there, to give that 'morning' body experience. I'd only 'use' it on the face of a beardy man - in that the beard gives some cover to the skin..... I cba to look up the ingredients so this answer isn't definitive, just a feeling I get. If your skin is robust I expect you'll be fine...

Wandering back to previous posts... I have a Springer and a rat.

The Springer is wanted, the ****** rat isn't.

I'm careful with bird food and have dozens of birds coming to the garden - much to the dog's delight. They keep his nose pressed to the patio window for hours!

That ****** rat, though (and where there's one, there are always more). The problem is my neighbour - messy garden, ramshackle shed and for the piece de resistance tears up a loaf of bread every afternoon for the birds and leaves it there :angry:

The following morning we have bigger birds (seagulls, magpies, crows) clamouring all over the place for the leftovers. I HATE seagulls with a passion. They'll swoop down on me as I hang out washing and then sh!t all over it. I hate the seagulls more than the rat!

I saw the neighbour putting bread out a few weeks ago and asked her if she knew we had rats. And what do you know, she says YES and trots off back in her house leaving me slack-jawed in disbelief of her ignorance. I saw her again and asked her to not leave the bread out overnight but she wasn't having it that it encourages pests. She said she leaves food out for the "little" birds as her cats like catching them and bringing them into her house :taphead:

I can't believe how dense some people are these days. What really ****** annoys me, though, is she's the last council house in the street and has had pest control down for free to remove a wasps nest, but refuses to do anything about the rats. I phoned the council pest control and they told me I could have them but I'd have to pay and even though they had seen evidence of rats when they got rid of the wasps, they can't do anything in her garden until she asks them to! They told me it'd be a waste of money to have them in as they're obviously coming from hers.

Aaarrgh!

Oh my! I really feel for you, Alter. This sounds truly horrible & must be so upsetting for you. I hate to say it, but your simpleton neighbour is actually doing everything to encourage rats...albeit non intentionally?..(& gulls,) & the council are correct in what they say about wasting your money de-pesting your side.

What I would question though is the councils ability to 'verminate' her garden, as surely they actually own the property....?I've had rental contracts which always state the tenant must keep the garden tidy & in reasonable condition - wouldn't a council contract say the same...somewhere? I bet she's breaching.

Perhaps visit the Citizens Advice to get their perspective - in fact please do. Could this be a public health issue? Or public nuciance ... Take photo's so that they see you aren't being neurotic....Explain that ratty wouldn't keep still for his pic howevs...

Have you seen the rat, how often & where please? Is there a Mr Alter?

Your Springer sounds adorable & I can picture him & the nose....& the nose marks they leave on the smooth surfaces......

I have plenty more rat ideas & will be back......

Last edited:
horrible neighbours are hell. she has to stick to her tenancy agreement which would state she has t keep her home and gardens in good repair so as not to cause a statutory nuisance. get in touch with the council again and quote what I said. also the CAB will know what to do or the housing Ombudsman. good luck

I'd be careful T. Reading between the lines & remembering the previous body exfol. they did, I'd expect it to be a wee bit zingy - ie more eucalyptus & probs 'parfum' in there, to give that 'morning' body experience. I'd only 'use' it on the face of a beardy man - in that the beard gives some cover to the skin..... I cba to look up the ingredients so this answer isn't definitive, just a feeling I get. If your skin is robust I expect you'll be fine...

Ingredients, if it helps.
Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, Aqua (water), Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Coco-glucoside, Sodium chloride, Parfum (fragrance), Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, Elettaria cardamomum (cardamom) seed oil , Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, Ocimum Basilicum (basil) Oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Limonene, Sucrose stearate, Citronellol, Linalool, Hexyl cinnamal, Citric acid, Glyceryl caprylate, Xanthan gum, p-Anisic acid, Sodium hydroxide.

Ingredients, if it helps.
Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, Aqua (water), Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Coco-glucoside, Sodium chloride, Parfum (fragrance), Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, Elettaria cardamomum (cardamom) seed oil , Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, Ocimum Basilicum (basil) Oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Limonene, Sucrose stearate, Citronellol, Linalool, Hexyl cinnamal, Citric acid, Glyceryl caprylate, Xanthan gum, p-Anisic acid, Sodium hydroxide.

Thanks both, very much appreciate the words of caution and the ingredients list - pretty sure my skin could handle it but I just can't be bothered to get this TSV. I actually prefer the look of the set with the scented C&P and the perfume.

For anyone still reading & interested, the body wash is probably rather lovely on the body. It seems as though the loofah is the only polisher.

In terms of the face on normal skin: Salt alert! I'd say it was safe on totally non sensitive skin. The Basil oil in there can pack a punch, so it depends on how much is in there. I bet it'd make a lovely shower gel/bath product though. The essential oil combo imo looks very nice.

What stopped me buying this was the 'body polish'. It is actually just a cream/body wash and the loofah mitt thing will do all the exfoliating. I may as well just buy one of them and use a cheaper but just as effective body wash. I do like the facial products but have plenty in stock and I am not interested in the mask. I have yet to find a Liz Earle mask that does what it's meant to do. I don't think they do them very well.

What stopped me buying this was the 'body polish'. It is actually just a cream/body wash and the loofah mitt thing will do all the exfoliating. I may as well just buy one of them and use a cheaper but just as effective body wash. I do like the facial products but have plenty in stock and I am not interested in the mask. I have yet to find a Liz Earle mask that does what it's meant to do. I don't think they do them very well.

The brightening one is quite good if you use it correctly. It's a problem solver rather than a nice treatment. Could be an unsung hero imo....

The brightening one stings my face and makes it bright red.

It's certainly not for sensitive skin - it says so on the pack. You could try mixing it 50% with C & P? Or a lesser ratio if you are worried, but I'm not sure if <50% would have an effect. Remember just to leave on for a short time - try just 60secs. It's a 'wakeup' treatment that brings the blood to the surface for a 'glow'. Good for hungover skin, 'urban dull' migraines & puff face (sexy!)

If your skin is very sensitive/chemo/rosacca (SP!) couperose I'd probably avoid that one.

I liked this range when it first came out and used it in between my Decleor, but I've gone right off it, and to be honest folks, I can't stand the hours when Caroline whatsurname does them - you know the brand ambassador, or whatever they're called these days. I just can't stand the woman, so I turn over.

Latest posts

Back