Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

genuinely surprised that the craft channel went bust before hochanda.... or does it say more about the importance of being on freeview?

Bright House have been forced to tighten their lending criteria recently, and Perfect Home (Bright House clone with stores mainly in northern England) has been in financial trouble as well.

Indeed I've said before that Ideal World's Flexipay may not be legally enforceable and could actually be illegal since anything resembling credit has to be regulated unless they've found a legal loophole for this, so in theory you could get away with paying just the initial instalment (trying this however is not recommended especially given the tat they sell) because they can't legally take you to court or use a debt collector? De Knees calling it "interest free credit" does not make it interest free credit!

Indeed, there no 'credit' involved. It's a continuous payment authority, no different to if you take out say a magazine subscription.

If anybody could be bothered to complain to the ASA (or indeed the relevant Financial Regulator) about one or two of the Goons loose language regarding 'credit' then there's surely little doubt they'd be censured for it.

But I suspect so few people care enough about Ideal World that it's barely noticed. I mean, just look at this forum.

5 posts is a busy day :mysmilie_59:

Indeed, there no 'credit' involved. It's a continuous payment authority, no different to if you take out say a magazine subscription.

If anybody could be bothered to complain to the ASA (or indeed the relevant Financial Regulator) about one or two of the Goons loose language regarding 'credit' then there's surely little doubt they'd be censured for it.

But I suspect so few people care enough about Ideal World that it's barely noticed. I mean, just look at this forum.

5 posts is a busy day :mysmilie_59:

I only continue to post here due to having fond(ish) memories of the Bid TV collapse, thinking that Ideal World is now just a few months/weeks away from doing the same, as well as IW having just enough interest to very occasionally watch. Still, this forum section's a positive hotbed of activity compared to the Create and Craft section; 1 post since November 2016 despite some major changes at the channel :mysmilie_59:

At least after Ideal World we have the likely demise of QVC to look forward to...

Channel hopping here and the welsh bloke (no idea what his name is) is doing a show on the vibrapower belt. He is doing his favourite exercise, the invisible hula hoop, along with some thrusting . He looks like a sexual deviant and is doing it with a straight face. Surely this is a wind up? It should be captured as a GIF for posterity.

This belt winds me up no end though, as they are always claiming you would lose inches off your weight. But a quick google around the net on various fitness sites tells you that isn't the case at all. Not unless you diet at the same time.

I'm not sure I want any of these channels to go under though, as I quite like whinging about them :)

Channel hopping here and the welsh bloke (no idea what his name is) is doing a show on the vibrapower belt. He is doing his favourite exercise, the invisible hula hoop, along with some thrusting . He looks like a sexual deviant and is doing it with a straight face. Surely this is a wind up? It should be captured as a GIF for posterity.

This belt winds me up no end though, as they are always claiming you would lose inches off your weight. But a quick google around the net on various fitness sites tells you that isn't the case at all. Not unless you diet at the same time.

I'm not sure I want any of these channels to go under though, as I quite like whinging about them :)

I agree, it's a double edged sword. Balancing 'pensioner wallet safety' and 'enjoying critiquing this channel'

as bid showed, that went literally while on the air... and the money men simply moved to ideal world (it seemed, I could be wrong) so I assume if IW went bust... they would merely move on to something else and take the same people's money.

The common little oik known as Me Moik is doing the Sturling timepieces hour. He has just claimed a watch is "monstering out". Don't know what that means but he sounds so classy doesn't he. He should work in a luxury shop in Bond Street, he would fit in so well...

There's a 'new' POTD at 9.00pm tonight.

Halogen Oven, £40.00, £5 delivery, Flexipay :yawn:

IMG_0315.jpg

At least its not a vacuum cleaner. Every time I turn over they are selling one, each better than the previous one.

Good news Muttley!

There's a Hoover 'show' on straight after the Halogen Oven 'show'.

And then there's another Halogen Oven 'show' on straight after the Hoover 'show' :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0315.jpg

Ugh....gollum..talking crap about this Hoover. He is giving some nonsense scenario about walking into a shop with £100 in your pocket, so buying what you can afford and not what you want. Now this Hoover is £134.99 plus £5.99 p+p. So it "isn't much more than £100"! That's right, 40% more than £100 is not much more....oh man.

Haha....he has just explained how very good he is at doing his job...jesus.

At least its not a vacuum cleaner. Every time I turn over they are selling one, each better than the previous one.

You might want to reconsider, Muttley. When I tuned in, Peter Vollebregt had just declared that the Hoover was his absolute favourite...and this from a man who is 'vacuum royalty'-well, at least according to Mike Mason.

I'd put it slightly differently by saying that Vollebregt is to vacuums what Crawley is to luxury items: irrelevant and preposterous:mysmilie_59:

You might want to reconsider, Muttley. When I tuned in, Peter Vollebregt had just declared that the Hoover was his absolute favourite...and this from a man who is 'vacuum royalty'-well, at least according to Mike Mason.

I'd put it slightly differently by saying that Vollebregt is to vacuums what Crawley is to luxury items: irrelevant and preposterous:mysmilie_59:

I wonder if there's bitter rivalry between the cleaning journalists Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent and Bev Bad Hare?

And I wonder if there's bitter rivalry between the luxury correspondents Creepy Crawley and Suzy Taramasalata?

I wonder if they bad mouth each other's expertise? :mysmilie_59:

I wonder if there's bitter rivalry between the cleaning journalists Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent and Bev Bad Hare?

And I wonder if there's bitter rivalry between the luxury correspondents Creepy Crawley and Suzy Taramasalata?

I believe Bev Hare's official title is the 'Queen of Clean', which would perhaps give her the edge over Vol Au Vent's 'Vacuum Royalty' claim. Like Bev, Creepy Crawley is likewise ennobled, being recognized as the 'King of the Mattresses'. I can't recall Suzy Taramasalata having any royal connections or titles, so I would suggest Crawley would have to be the more respected 'expert'.

That said, Queen Bev and King Crawley will always be minor royals compared to Caroline 'House of Garrard' Jones, who is the real jewel in the crown among Ideal's royal presenters:mysmilie_59:

There's a 'new' POTD at 9.00pm tonight.

Halogen Oven, £40.00, £5 delivery, Flexipay :yawn:

View attachment 13618

And they're still trying to insist that there's a £20 saving off 'their usual price'! As we all know, their 'usual prices' are not existant rubbish. How many times has this been POD now? I'm sure the last time it was on it was free P&P. This is just the usual price in a usual boring day.

Ugh....gollum..talking crap about this Hoover. He is giving some nonsense scenario about walking into a shop with £100 in your pocket, so buying what you can afford and not what you want. Now this Hoover is £134.99 plus £5.99 p+p. So it "isn't much more than £100"! That's right, 40% more than £100 is not much more....oh man.

Haha....he has just explained how very good he is at doing his job...jesus.

As my long departed nan would have said "self praise is no recommendation".

There is probably a forum out there for "selly telly brand ambassadors" where they, at the very least, tell all about the presenters. If there isn't, I suggest we start one! And yes, there is probably some kind of hierarchy amongst so called "experts" (I use that term loosely).

I should call myself a cleaning "expert" - I do enough of it!

Mike M is tucked up in a luxury bed with a 'lucky' guest.How vile.They have just brought out the bowling ball.How boring.

Spot the difference. 1st.prize a dinner at Roly's Restaurant with Gen or
Pete S.

Attachments

• 20170309_174202.jpg
    20170309_174202.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 117
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Mike M is tucked up in a luxury bed with a 'lucky' guest.How vile.They have just brought out the bowling ball.How boring.

Spot the difference. 1st.prize a dinner at Roly's Restaurant with Gen or
Pete S.

I am really loathe to win the prize! I saw Gollum in the bed and was traumatized on behalf of the guest...

There is probably a forum out there for "selly telly brand ambassadors" where they, at the very least, tell all about the presenters. If there isn't, I suggest we start one! And yes, there is probably some kind of hierarchy amongst so called "experts" (I use that term loosely).

I should call myself a cleaning "expert" - I do enough of it!

Dunno about the 'experts' Mutts but I betcha the presenters all DESPISE each other, but who is the most DESPISED?

I'm thinking Nanty? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0277.JPG

Latest posts

Back