07/06/21 - 13/06/21 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That reminds me of about 40 + years ago we were in Morocco and I saw similar kaftans and thought it would do as a dressing gown type thingy. The seller was insistent I buy showing me that it was dye fast by sucking the material! Needless to say once home first wash it went from deep red to tie dye pink!

That reminds me of about 40 + years ago we were in Morocco and I saw similar kaftans and thought it would do as a dressing gown type thingy. The seller was insistent I buy showing me that it was dye fast by sucking the material! Needless to say once home first wash it went from deep red to tie dye pink!

I had one similar when I was about 9 or 10. That would be a bit more than 40 years but close. It even had the drawstring waist. I thought I was the bee's knees floating around with my butterfly sleeves... until one caught fire on the gas ring! My mum was quick as a flash grabbing me and dumping my arm in the sink and I wasn't harmed.

Well, apart from twisting my ankle as I fell off my fluffy-trimmed slippers between cooker and sink.

Both the shoes and the kaftan/dressing gown thing were binned after that. I was oddly gutted to no longer be able to waft around even though I'm the last kind of person to waft and even at that age I recognised that.

Latest posts

Back