2nd hand clothes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sja307

Registered Shopper
Bath The City which is full of Tourists & Students
just received a top from QVC, it was in a plastic bag and was sealed, but when I opened the bag the top stank of cigarette smoke, and had a hole on the label where the tag had been cut off.

rang QVC who apologised and said they would send me a prepaid label to send back, but guess what the item is now not in stock. Am furious, you at least expect your item of clothing not to have been worn.

LIVID isnt the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:down:QVC never send out returned items .......Yeah right , that's disgraceful sja307, I would be livid too , specially as they can't send out a replacement , They should offer some sort of compensation and not just a returns label and an apology , it's not good enough , a fiver off or free P&P on your next order , that's assuming you'd order again from them after that .

No QVC don't resell returned items, they'll clearly tell you that.
As they did when I told them the items they had sent me had stretched, seeming plus were stinking of BO and a spicy curry.
Factory workers must be having a party of eating, smoking and sweating during manufacturing then.

:down:

When I didn't receive my last Leighton Denny tsv due to delivery failure - the operator said as a replacement they could put me on waitlist as it was now sold out. I said I would not want that as I might get a returned used item. He said 'they only send out UNUSED returned items for waitlist customers' - therefore confirming that they do actually send out returned items!!!!!!

I declined the offer as I would not want half used nail varnish.

:down:QVC never send out returned items .......Yeah right , that's disgraceful sja307, I would be livid too , specially as they can't send out a replacement , They should offer some sort of compensation and not just a returns label and an apology , it's not good enough , a fiver off or free P&P on your next order , that's assuming you'd order again from them after that .

thanks after reading your reply I have sent them an email complaining so it will be interesting to see if they reply, also have posted on their facebook page for all to see :0)

Sending out returned items is fine if they are pristine. I always take great care repackaging. Sending out used, smelly, stretched clothing is disgusting and does nothing for their corporate image. The hassle waiting for a returns label whilst that rancid item is in your home is awful without the ongoing hassle of replacement/refund. Relying on the 30day MBG is not wise business practice to keep up trade when a very seedy side of practice lets the image down. Check your returns Q, it's not rocket science.

They very definitely do send out returned items, and I have received one or two myself, as have many other forum members. Many items have been really minging, with disgusting stains and smells you'd think folk would be ashamed of - but apparently some folk have no shame whatsoever.
We've had many a thread on the topic over the years, and for a while I know that we were encouraging one another to place a teabag in the pocket or tucked inside everything we returned!

I have taken delivery of a fresh order of USED pierced earrings from QVC in the past (Kenneth J Lane) - I refrain to go into details of the supporting evidence.
This is the reason why I would never purchase a pelvic floor machine from QVC (even though Im known as wetty betty or mrs Emingway from Little Britain)
Your anger is justified!

They very definitely do send out returned items, and I have received one or two myself, as have many other forum members. Many items have been really minging, with disgusting stains and smells you'd think folk would be ashamed of - but apparently some folk have no shame whatsoever.
We've had many a thread on the topic over the years, and for a while I know that we were encouraging one another to place a teabag in the pocket or tucked inside everything we returned!

you're right p-a-l we have - and it always provokes an argument as to whether it's ok or not (i think it's definitely NOT ok). it shouldn't be up to someone to decide whether something is unworn or not.

it also always provides a few laughs however - my favs being the teabag, the curry pong and the trousers split up the backside. :giggle:

I have taken delivery of a fresh order of USED pierced earrings from QVC in the past (Kenneth J Lane) - I refrain to go into details of the supporting evidence.
This is the reason why I would never purchase a pelvic floor machine from QVC (even though Im known as wetty betty or mrs Emingway from Little Britain)
Your anger is justified!

oh go on! perspiring minds want to know :devil:

Latest posts

Back