Another 'Mishap'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvc remind me of tatty mail order catalogue service that argue with customers over the phone because they think the customers have to buy the overpriced tat

They are beyond expensive..just ridiculous prices and frankly, if you want a Welsh gold ring, you are better off looking at secondhand jewellers either on the internet or in the dreaded High Street (wash my mouth out with soap and water when I say it). As you've said, there's a smidgen of actual Welsh gold in the silver rings. I asked for opinions about Clogau on here some months ago, and most formunites advised that they were overpriced for what you get: someone mentioned they'd bought a Welsh gold ring second hand and I decided to go down this route, buying a Welsh gold wedding band-style ring, and with a proper authenticity certification, too. Obviously Welsh gold doesn't appear everyday in jewellers, but it's worth waiting or asking if they will let you know if they get one - thanks to what was said on here I now know you'll get a much better deal elsewhere, no question.
I used to look at those clog eye rings with utter amazement..........I was amazed at how a silver ring, with a touch, and I literally do mean a touch, of "rare" Welsh gold made in China can run into hundreds and people do buy them, yep, totally amazed.

I got a Leighton Denny kit ages ago and found there was no crystal nail file but just an empty case and there was a fingerprint in the pot of balm. QVC denied they sending out returns but it was a coincidence that two items in the kit looked as if they had been tampered with. I don't object to some returns being sent out again, for example I ordered a Kipling bag and returned it immediately without even taking off the strip of card that kept the handle folded up. I think that would be fine to send out again but people finding items in bags or coat pockets is totally unacceptable.

Does anyone else on here remember how ages ago we used to talk about hiding a tea bag in a returned item so people would realise it was a return?

I believe it is dishonest, too. It's wrong on so many levels - in the case of items such as makeup and toiletries it is downright disgusting to palm people off with stuff that other people have already sampled, and considering the price of their "fashion items" to send out things that are crumpled or soiled is also not on - the customer has all the inconvenience of returning the item, when Q should be compensating them for disappointment and poor service, in addition to refunding their money. It demonstrates once again the contempt with which they seem to treat the customer, which is the main reason why I stopped buying from them.
It's essentially fraud by QVC in passing off secondhand goods as new. Too many people have claimed to have received customer returns for it to be a one-off or extraordinary event.

Latest posts

Back