30MBG Vs Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Which would you rather have, the 30MBG or Free P&P on everything? (obviously we would rather have both lol)

Personally id rather scrap the 30mbg and have free P&P, ive never took advantage of the 30mbg, so it has no benefit for me atm. Often ill see things online and add them to my basket but once ive seen the total and the P&P alone is over £15 there soon deleted. I realise that on some items the 30mbg is a huge bonus as it gives us a chance to try a product at home and the opportunity to send it back , but with the postage charges being so high less and less people are sending items back.

I do think if they did scrap the 30mbg the product demonstrations and the information given on air would have too be a dam sight better than it is currently, so that means with fashion correct and honest sizing needs to be shown, colours need to be accurate. With Beauty products they would need to have the list of ingredients listed on there website, and make it clear who the product is aimed for , and not use the usual line of "everyone can use it".

I think Qvc offering Free P&P would certainly bring them back in line with the competition as man other online retailers now offer this and there prices are often cheaper than QVC, the least Qvc could do would be to charge a flat rate P&P on orders and if your ordering more than one of the same item you should only be charged one P&P.

to me id rather have the money back garantee because it gives me confidence in trying new things and acutally i would of never tried yankee, philosophy, loccitane, molton brown, charlie bears ect without it as i am not a fan of spending money on something im not sure about

the postage issue does not affect me at all as if i want something and its a good price i will buy it for example the purity 32oz size is an amazing price and the postage i think is reasonable also 3 large yankee jars delivered for £5.95 is very reasonable as i know people who have paid more to send just one jar

best option for me would be to choose - if it's something you know you like (me and ABC Skinwash for instance) I'd forgo the guarantee (unless it arrived smashed to bits of course) and have it P & P free - if it's something you just want to try out, then pay the P & P and have the MBG. Can't think Q will ever go that route mind you!

best option for me would be to choose - if it's something you know you like (me and ABC Skinwash for instance) I'd forgo the guarantee (unless it arrived smashed to bits of course) and have it P & P free - if it's something you just want to try out, then pay the P & P and have the MBG. Can't think Q will ever go that route mind you!

now thats a very good idea BusyMum like now i know i love the purity cleanser that would be a fab idea

The MBG is the one thing that keeps me shopping with QVC. Free postage or not, without the MBG I would buy very little from QVC as their prices are rarely competitive.

I would want free P&P because I don't find the 30MBG useful. If I have something I want to return, it goes back in a couple of days. I feel more stung by the P&P as I have often bought a couple of bits from the same company during a show and I cannot understand why they can't be shipped together. It's not convenient, not very green and it has put me off buying items once I factor in the additional cost.

The MBG is the one thing that keeps me shopping with QVC. Free postage or not, without the MBG I would buy very little from QVC as their prices are rarely competitive.

I agree. especially when ordering a technical item. I ordered the Lenovo tablet, and it wouldn't connect to the internet, so it went back. Without the MBG, shopping on QVC would be a lot less attractive to me. Also, the Q likes to remind us that it is no risk shopping because, if for any reason we are unhappy with our purchase, we don't have to keep it. If they scrapped the 30 day MBG, they would lose a selling point, so I think it's a stayer.

Free p&p def as we have the distance selling regs. Qvc are too expensive for the mainstream items they sell these days, long gone are the days when I happily used to pay a premium for items not available anywhere else

Free p&p for me. Never make use of the 30 days. Things are opened and if not suitable sent back unused and usually even unopened within days.

Ideal World have gone from a 90 day to a 14 day MBG (and the option to buy a Collect+ return label if it's something I'm unsure about). I tend to buy more from Ideal World and return less. 14 days is probably long enough to decide whether it's a keeper and they can't limit your statutory rights to cancel under the DSR and get back your postage, nor your protection if they send you a faulty item.

I'd compromise, reduce the MBG to 14 days and cap the postage on items bought within a 24 hour period or bought from the same "hour".

Chuntley says there is no such thing as free p & p it's built into the price. Her words not mine.

The thing about 30 mbg is that you don't know if what you are getting is something someone else used for a month then sent back. They DO send out used items even though they try to deny this.

Last edited:
I`d rather have free p and p or at least capped p and p. I`ve never used the 30 day mbg. I don`t buy much from Q anyway and if I wanted clothes, electrical items or household goods they`re the last place I`d go to.

I like the 30 mbg. I don't like paying the high postage but I know it is the price i pay for the 'no quibble' (cough, splutter) returns.

I haven't really taken advantage of returning items and I don't use them if I am unsure but it gives me peace of mind when buying cosmetics etc. from them. I have been caught out a few times on the high street when buying cosmetics from a perfumerie and I have had a funny reaction or they havent done what they were supposed to etc. and i am stuck with them.

I always take something back to a beauty counter if it doesn't suit me. It started when I was about 17 Revlon were doing an offer of "buy 2 mascaras and get 2+00ml eye make up remover free" all very well but the remover didn't remove their mascara so I took them back and stood my ground and got my money back. I also returned a No7 eye serum which made my eyes water uncontrollably, the counter staff give the usual "only apply to the orbital bone" guff but I said it wasn't fit for my purpose as an eye cream until the refunded. Mostly they don't want a scene (though I'm always polite but persistent). My skin's tough as old boots and I rarely have a reaction (No7 never suits my skin for some reason) so I don't have reason to return things very often. If I chose the wrong colour of foundation I'd chalk it up to experience but if the sales assistant had recommended the shade and it didn't suit I'd return it because I'd relied on their advice.

I agree. especially when ordering a technical item. I ordered the Lenovo tablet, and it wouldn't connect to the internet, so it went back.

But surely if the item was faulty it could have been returned under your statutory rights - you don't need QVCs super doper (ahem) guarantee for that.
And I know that Amazon's had a bit if a slating recently, but even with their (free) super saver delivery I've returned things that I've not liked when they've turned up and they've refunded my entire purchase price, and quickly too - not had to wait a fortnight like you do for refunds from Q.
All online trailers have to abide by the DSR now, if you decide you don't like something when it arrives you can send it back by law, so I don't consider QVC to be offering anything particularly special.

I wouldn't like to get rid of the guarantee, I find it really helpful/reassuring. Obviously the p&p is ridiculous, though, so I'd rather have a compromise; shorter guarantee for lower p&p. Something like 2 weeks mbg and half all the p&p charges? Or a week for a third of the price? Make it optional even, you can choose the length of time/price depending on how long you think it'll take you to get the measure of the item.

But surely if the item was faulty it could have been returned under your statutory rights - you don't need QVCs super doper (ahem) guarantee for that.
And I know that Amazon's had a bit if a slating recently, but even with their (free) super saver delivery I've returned things that I've not liked when they've turned up and they've refunded my entire purchase price, and quickly too - not had to wait a fortnight like you do for refunds from Q.
All online trailers have to abide by the DSR now, if you decide you don't like something when it arrives you can send it back by law, so I don't consider QVC to be offering anything particularly special.

That's interesting to say that because before joining this forum I had no clue what DSR meant , and im guessing a lot of other people didn't/don't either. So really the 30mbg isn't as special as the lead us to believe.

I think like what's been said by others , change the MBG to 14 days and cap the P&P charges. I also think they need to stop pushing Easy pays on us all the time , yes there handy for big purchases however actively encouraging customers to order more as we wont realise that small amount out of accounts each month is a pretty sneaky way of selling.

On Black Friday I ordered two Kipling Bags..one from the Kipling site, one from Poshbags - the latter was dispatched about two hours after I'd ordered it, and arrived here about an hour ago (even via Royal Mail!!) and no P & P - if only Q would take a few tips from other online retailers!

I can see why people like the 30 day mbg as it's helped me with a couple of items in the past but as mentioned already on this thread, it really is becoming only worthwhile on certain items. What I would love to see (I can dream) is free P&P and an option to pay a little extra for the 30 day mbg, this would cover all those who need it and for those that don't need it, none of the extra costs QVC love to pile on the top. The "fat cat, we need more money 's*d' anyone else" company that QVC is, that'll never happen as it's too sensible.

A few weeks ago my OH bought a tablet from Argos and it worked perfectly until the other day when the light on the charger wasn`t lit so obviously the tablet wasn`t being charged. It was a fault with the charger not the tablet. He went back to Argos and they insisted on changing the whole thing, gave him a brand new tablet and charger. If he`d bought it from Q it would have been out of its 30 day mbg so he would have had to wait until Q sent him a return label then hope they had another in stock or even have to contact the manufacturer themselves and it would probably have taken weeks. The manager in Argos told him that your till receipt is your guarantee, keep it for 12 months and whatever you buy is covered by that guarantee even if its a toy which has broken ( though not through ill treatment ) or an electrical item or anything except items which are delivered to you direct from the manufacturers, it only covers items bought in store.

Latest posts

Back