400 Lola Rose pieces?!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

galaxy

Guest Shopper
Did I hear this right? JF on the last LR hour was saying, somebody sent a text that just got 32 new LR pieces for her b-day, but owned 400 pieces in total!!

I am a fan of LR and I have few pieces myself, but 400?!

OK,:cheeky::cheeky: it shouldn't really be any of my business, but I couldn't stop myself from toting up her damage! I estimate this lady must have spent at least £15 000 on LR :mysmilie_466: (even allowing for some of her LR pieces to have been presents and sale items). But most likely it's a lot more, as pieces range from about £25, mid rage £60 and more expensive items up to £150. So I recon she's more likely to have spent in the range of £20 000:mysmilie_85: :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Did I hear this right? JF on the last LR hour was saying, somebody sent a text that just got 32 new LR pieces for her b-day, but owned 400 pieces in total!!

I am a fan of LR and I have few pieces myself, but 400?!

OK,:cheeky::cheeky: it shouldn't really be any of my business, but I couldn't stop myself from toting up her damage! I estimate this lady must have spent at least £15 000 on LR :mysmilie_466: (even allowing for some of her LR pieces to have been presents and sale items). But most likely it's a lot more, as pieces range from about £25, mid rage £60 and more expensive items up to £150. So I recon she's more likely to have spent in the range of £20 000:mysmilie_85: :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Haha i did exactly the same as you - averaged them at £50 each and got a shocking amount spent!!! Not for us to judge I guess but blooming heck!!!

You'd be wearing each one only once a year - so cost per wear is massive - unless she piles loads of them on at once! :thinking:

You hear exactly the same with Kipling bags and Birkenstock shoes and people phone/email in to boast about it. I can't help feeling that things have got a little out of control!

Perhaps they think when they die the collection will be worth loads more and a inheritance.

They are opening a museum.

They have a form of OCD and hoard.

more:

they have won the Lottery jackpot
they are spoilt by their OH who is 70 years older than them and loaded
their OH is having an affair and shower their wives with LR out of guilt

They probably get dressed up in one of their 500 Indigo Moon jackets, 120 pairs of Birkis and accessorise from the wardrobe of 328 Kipling bags and 81 jewellery boxes of LR.

I saw this too - it was a text message. It also said that she had bought 37 pieces yesterday. I did wonder if it was a cheeky forumite taking the p!ss. Can't be true, can it?!

I saw this too - it was a text message. It also said that she had bought 37 pieces yesterday. I did wonder if it was a cheeky forumite taking the p!ss. Can't be true, can it?!

It's actually a real person. As soon as Nikki the designer heard her name she said, oh yeah, 'xxx' has been a real friend to LR, we all know her in the office(I bet ya do!:tongue::cash::cash::cash:).

I checked the Lola Rose website yesterday, I gather it's usually pretty useless at the best of times but yesterday it had a note apologising for problems with online ordering due to 'heavy volumes of traffic'. I guess Mrs Moneybags was buying one of everything and two of the rest?! I'm not jealous, honest :envy: :cheeky:

definitely a bad case of OCD. But hey-if she can afford it, who am I to judge? Even though I will.........!

definitely a bad case of OCD. But hey-if she can afford it, who am I to judge? Even though I will.........!

QVC should come with (health and finance) warning:mysmilie_498:!

Seriously though, they manage to suck you in and hook you in by making it sooo easy to buy: brain washing tactics, 30 day MBG and it doesn't really feel like you are spending money until credit card statement has arrived and is too late!
They continuously feed the addictive habit with the constant encouragement to get people to phone in/review and boast about how thanks to QVC's products they are now 15 years younger and everybody is congratulating them on their wonderful looks/jewellery/clothes etc. It can easily become a form of escapeism from everyday life grind, so no wonder it's addictive.

How about inviting this lady to join the forum and have a crash course in F.A.R.T.I.N.G:giggle:

I'm sorry but my first thought was it was someone telling either porkies or someone who has an admiration for LR pieces that is bordering on obsession and they have a very hefty credit card debt.
I really don't think anyone who has that sort of cash in the bank would spend that much on pieces of the same jewellery. Its not like its been known to be sold at Sotherby's for massive amounts just yet!!!!

Latest posts

Back