5 p.m. OMG - What is Julia wearing???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She loves them, is wearing a medium but needs a small (so people have told her):cheeky:
Emu woman gave her a run for her money saying how she had very slender legs, Julia was looking on as if to say "my legs are more slender than yours"

I heard her say about her floor manager telling her that her leggings were two baggy on the knees... she needed size small, I think they were taking the wee Julia dear....:blush:

I had to switch the emu show off, I got fed up of Julia boasting about how many pairs of emus she had got.

I agree that Debbie Flint is about the only person that says live on TV "I'm a 14-16 high street". Yes Debs you probably are and you look 100% fantastic on it. I'm a full size 12 and I'm fine with it. Julia Roberts is not a size 10, 12, xs or S. No matter what she says.

I agree that Debbie Flint is about the only person that says live on TV "I'm a 14-16 high street". Yes Debs you probably are and you look 100% fantastic on it. I'm a full size 12 and I'm fine with it. Julia Roberts is not a size 10, 12, xs or S. No matter what she says.

DF has a great, voluptuous figure but she has a much bigger frame than JR.

Aka hod carrier.

Debbie has been known to squeeze herself into clothes which would have looked better going up a size!

Debbie has been known to squeeze herself into clothes which would have looked better going up a size!

Perhaps like me you are remembering the recent Yong Kim hour, where she looked a little bit like a grey sausage roll in one of the items....? That was pretty horrendous, poor Debbie, I can't imagine she would have worn that out of choice, maybe it was the only size available to her....? That was an extreme instance, she isn't normally quite that bad but she does have a tendency to sometimes wear the size she'd like to be, shall we say....dunno why, she's got a lovely figure & such a pretty face & she can look ever so nice when she's got her sensible hat on IMHO! :flower:
(Though even the grey YK thing was an improvement on that shiny dress thing & vile sparkly leggings JR had on today, that get-up was almost beyond words in its hideousness!) :taphead:

I think that all too often the presenters have to wear what size is there rather than the size they actually want. That often leaves Debbie F and Kathy in a size too small.

Kathy may have been in a 12 in the Tiana B hour but to be fair to her she usually says very clearly that she's a 14/16.

I agree that Debbie F has a larger frame than Julia but hod carrier is a tad harsh.

Julia is very clever. She will tell us all what size she is wearing but she never says what size she actually is on the high street. She's petite. There's no denying that but petites come in all dress sizes. There's no point in saying what size you're wearing if you're not going to say what size you actually are.

Whatever size she is and whatever size she wore those leggings were not good.

If the presenters are going to comment on what size they are in the clothes they model it would be more helpful if they just said "My actual waist is XX inches and Im in the medium" for example.

I had a quick peek to see what all the fuss was about, and yes, what a flamin' 2 and 8 she looks. The leggings looked all wrinkled, and although they did accentuate the fact she's got slim legs, the fact that the dress she was wearing accentuated the bulk around her middle had a counter effect and made her look out of proportion....the boots would have looked a bit better if she'd chosen a darker colour to wear. It reminded me of one of those kiddies games where you have cards with various heads middles and legs that you have to fit together to make a whole person...she looked like a muddled up one!

Julia keeps reminding us that she's a size small, but I think that just refer to the size she buys, and not the size she actually is!

Last edited:
Julia needs to let go of her emphasis on small. Yes, lots of people can actually squeeze themselves into this size but it doesn't necessarily look good. It's better to wear a larger size and have it fit better than shoehorn yourself into an item which will only cut into the flesh, and show off every lump and bump.

Julia has slim limbs but her torso is too long and bulky. Wearing tight items just highlights her faults.

I actually quite like Julia (apart from when she's lying about her dress size). But I have to say I can't believe what she is wearing!!! She's doing Emu hour with horrendous shiny leggings and a god awful shiny tunic dress that is a. awful because it's shiny and b. pulling in wrong places! She's more than 20 years older than me and i wouldn't be seen in that! It's teenage wear for goodness sake! Does the producer not tell them to go and get changed when they look ridiculous!??!!

Oh I wish I could have seen that, any ideas anyone?

I actually quite like Julia (apart from when she's lying about her dress size). But I have to say I can't believe what she is wearing!!! She's doing Emu hour with horrendous shiny leggings and a god awful shiny tunic dress that is a. awful because it's shiny and b. pulling in wrong places! She's more than 20 years older than me and i wouldn't be seen in that! It's teenage wear for goodness sake! Does the producer not tell them to go and get changed when they look ridiculous!??!!

Ah sadly we dont live in a world anymore where 'those in charge' have a sense of style. Producers, directors, line managers et al, more often than not look like unmade beds themselves. From what I've seen recently, long gone are the days when 'looking smart' was the only way to be at work. Now the workforce of today wear t shirts, hoodies and anything else that doesn't involve wearing a tie ! Unfortunately they dont realise how unprofessional they come across.

So can you imagine these older presenters being told "what to wear on air" by 'uni' graduates in charge of the Gallery ?????? cos I cant.

Maybe due to the recession her wardrobe budget has been cut so she had to rush down to Primark's Bargain Bin and get a peacock coloured dress in size 14....I mean 12 and some Bacofoil-inspired leggings, all finished off with some "UGGly" boots! Kiki Dee is 60 and still looks great! She would never wear such clothes!

Now I know Julia rarely gets any positive comments but sometimes she just cant win. We all know that the presenters (girlies at least) and dressed in Q's best (a loser from the start). On this occasion there wasnt too much chesty bits on show and more importantly sleeves!!!! Looked heaps better without the little slackening on the upper arm showing.

Julia is a good looking lady and is probably used to negative comments for various reasons but sometimes it seems that she just gets slated for the sake of it (stand back Yorko ready for a blasting)

Now I know Julia rarely gets any positive comments but sometimes she just cant win. We all know that the presenters (girlies at least) and dressed in Q's best (a loser from the start). On this occasion there wasnt too much chesty bits on show and more importantly sleeves!!!! Looked heaps better without the little slackening on the upper arm showing.

Julia is a good looking lady and is probably used to negative comments for various reasons but sometimes it seems that she just gets slated for the sake of it (stand back Yorko ready for a blasting)
Julia often looks good though I do think she shows too much wrinkly cleavage for my liking.

Me too, there comes a time in life when less is more although in my experience if a woman has had a fine cleavage all her adult life it seems hard to admit defeat and put it away (or some if it at least)

Julia often looks good though I do think she shows too much wrinkly cleavage for my liking.

Latest posts

Back