Abruptness when going to a break.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
Something that really bothers me, [ although I know I am extra sensitive] but have you noticed the way the presenters, when they are about to come to a break, how they cut off their eye contact to the camera very abruptly, it's as if they are at an 'in crowd' party where we are not quite invited.

Michael Parkinson used to do it at the end of his shows like as if he wanted to get on with his private party of famous guests who were 'too good' for our company other than the time spent watching the tv show.

Nearly all the presenters are guilty of this, especially Claire today on the B&W show, she almost looked like she was hit in the face by the cameraman, the way she went into a break.

Alison Young does it each time, so does AK, though I'm not sure Craig does. He looks sincerely into the camera right until the cut.

Sorry to be so picky.

Not at all I know just what you mean.

Its like the man at our deli counter. He's so nice whilst you're picking out what you want and then as soon as you've got your stuff its like you cease to exist. I hate that.

I know what you mean too. There's an awkward moment when some presenters give a sickly smile as they go to the break. It's as if they're trying to look cool and collected when you know they are about to go into a frenzy changing their jewellery or the table set-up.

Funny this should come up. I was only thinking last week about the guest presenter Alexis. I always notice that her smile is very fleeting, As soon as the camera goes from her face she always appears to be stony-faced. When the break is over she still appears to be like that until she is in close-up. I think it looks awful.

We can't be pleased, we complain about grinning Craig and we complain about the hatchet faces :giggle:

I probably notice it more with AY (as I mainly watch beauty shows) She rushes her words as if she can see the clock ticking and then stares just as time runs out. I swear I have never seen her blink immediately before the break....maybe it's just me :wink:

After all these years presenting on air you would think that breaks would come naturally by now and not be so wooden.

AY can never find the right camera she's always looking in wrong direction sometimes for quite a few secs then she turns her head the right way anyone else notice this?

Latest posts

Back