Alex - No Wages

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Heard Alex say during the Joules hour last evening, she’d forgotten to invoice QVC.
So she wasn’t paid end of January, and now will have to wait till the end of February for her wages.

To me this confirms that they are freelance. I can't stand Knuckles Kramer so won't give her omission a second thought.

Hubby said he thought they were self employed and that’s why they go on about receipts
The other day a presenter was on with Kipling Marie F they were laughing about the state of Craig’s Kipling wallet being dirty needing a wash and bursting full of all his receipts

And yet Katy Pulloneover says the presenters are salaried because QVC know they do X amount of hours each month could be different days but same amount of hours a month. But it’s like that old joke, how do you know when a QVC presenter is lying, their lips move so who knows, who cares. :RpS_cool:

I also can’t stand Alex Kramer and her self entitled attitude. I think she’s at QVC because she hypnotises punters in to buying, those hands never stop moving. :RpS_lol:

I would love to know where else they work then ! how else does Charlie support his kids, does Chloe work behind a bar to supplement her QVC wage - she really has NOT got the voice for voice-overs !!. Does Craig do nude modelling at his local art class ? the imagination runs riot !

Why does she think we need to know? Somehow don’t think it will do her any favours as most folk watching couldn’t possibly “forget” their wages.

And yet Katy Pulloneover says the presenters are salaried because QVC know they do X amount of hours each month could be different days but same amount of hours a month. But it’s like that old joke, how do you know when a QVC presenter is lying, their lips move so who knows, who cares. :RpS_cool:

I also can’t stand Alex Kramer and her self entitled attitude. I think she’s at QVC because she hypnotises punters in to buying, those hands never stop moving. :RpS_lol:

Neither does her gob ! 'shouty' Kramer I call her.

Hubby said he thought they were self employed and that’s why they go on about receipts
The other day a presenter was on with Kipling Marie F they were laughing about the state of Craig’s Kipling wallet being dirty needing a wash and bursting full of all his receipts

I wonder if he was given the choice of a freebie, sorry, new one...:RpS_wink:

Thanks brissles & Shopps, I was having a very late breakfast & laughed so much reading your posts that I started to choke, breathed in too much, thought the food was going to get blown out of my ears, instead it attacked my nose & then I knocked over the coffee. My Mr T heard this from the hall & asked if the cat had brought 'somthing in'. I blame the tat peddlers.

I would love to know where else they work then ! how else does Charlie support his kids, does Chloe work behind a bar to supplement her QVC wage - she really has NOT got the voice for voice-overs !!. Does Craig do nude modelling at his local art class ? the imagination runs riot !

b I think QVC pay that well (or should that be the customers pay that well) full time wage/part time hours, that they don’t need other jobs to supplement the pay. If Craig Rowe had to survive on stripping to pay the rent bless him, the poor bugger would starve :RpS_mellow:

Thanks brissles & Shopps, I was having a very late breakfast & laughed so much reading your posts that I started to choke, breathed in too much, thought the food was going to get blown out of my ears, instead it attacked my nose & then I knocked over the coffee. My Mr T heard this from the hall & asked if the cat had brought 'somthing in'. I blame the tat peddlers.

T be careful, remember to always put the cup down first. :RpS_love: :RpS_love:

It must have been around ten years ago QVC did a search for a presenter on the channel. That was when Craig Rowe got his job and was the winner, it was very cringe as he had to compete against other finalists on air. I remember Julia Roberts was one of the judges and didn’t give him good feedback. I mention this as I recall the prize for the winner was a contract for £100,000 a year. Don’t know what the other presenters earn but not a bad contract for what they do, bet it will be a lot more now as they are forever moving into new properties.

It must have been around ten years ago QVC did a search for a presenter on the channel. That was when Craig Rowe got his job and was the winner, it was very cringe as he had to compete against other finalists on air. I remember Julia Roberts was one of the judges and didn’t give him good feedback. I mention this as I recall the prize for the winner was a contract for £100,000 a year. Don’t know what the other presenters earn but not a bad contract for what they do, bet it will be a lot more now as they are forever moving into new properties.

I remember that, it was supposed to be for amateur presenters yet Craig Rowe was already doing the rounds as a shopping TV presenter and had been on a couple of shopping channels that had gone bust, so hardly an amateur. Mind you it’s QVC and deceit is their middle, that’s what the “C” stands for....CON.

Claire Sutton on Twitter says she is no longer self employed.
I don’t think they need second jobs. I think many of us would be shocked at the enormous salaries they receive. How else do they maintain the lifestyles some of them boast about?

Claire Sutton on Twitter says she is no longer self employed.
I don’t think they need second jobs. I think many of us would be shocked at the enormous salaries they receive. How else do they maintain the lifestyles some of them boast about?

She's been there for quite some time & I wonder if the more recent ones are freelance. Whatever they get paid it's too much.

She's been there for quite some time & I wonder if the more recent ones are freelance. Whatever they get paid it's too much.

Good point. I agree, I am sure that they are paid far too much. So much in fact that many of us would find it upsetting if we were to ever find out. The showing off etc gives me a pretty good idea. They will cling onto those jobs for as long as they can. Huge salaries and products to trial at home......but let’s not forget the huge talent they bring to our screens.

I'm sure Alex is channelling Dennis Norden and his clipboard they way she carries her iPad around with her everywhere, glued into the crook of her elbow. IMO they are all shouty loud but I do find her more irritating that most.

I've had an idea - maybe we should start a crowd funded whip-round for starving QVC presenters who forgot to ask for their pay? I'm sure we'd all want to contibute ;P

I agree that the newbie are on a completely different contract than the likes of JR which is probably why it’s the later ones who move on some will be carried out in a box. some seem to do a lot more hours, and some do very little evenings/daytime which I’m sure is reflected in their remuneration. Remember Pippa had a year sabbatical.

I remember in the early days they all had sidelines doing those type of courses teaching people to self project. Don’t hear much of those now. Jill’s husband sold/left his PR consultancy some time ago but haven’t heard what he had been doing since.

Latest posts

Back