Ali K

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

most of the other qvc presenters are failed actresses aliosn keenan stands out by a mile. she does talk fast though lol...she reminds me a bit of katy boyle who was a great woman presenter

I think there is something rather gallant about Ali Keenan. She's been sailing some very rough and stormy seas with her health and through it all she manages to be really positive. She may tan more than is perhaps to many people's tastes, but she always comes on air beautifully dressed - one of the few who consistently looks elegant. Subconsciously I take it as a compliment that she's made an effort to look at her best when she appears in our living rooms... unlike some of the others (Ms White Peep-toe Wedges, and Ms Black Toe Posts take note).

Her sales patter is less hackneyed and limited than many of the presenters. Much as I like Jilly Halliday, her stock phrases are in short supply and appear far too frequently to be anything other than boring to listen to. I get the impression that Ali K is someone I would enjoy spending time with, and it wouldn't be all about her - she'd take an interest in whoever she's talking to.

She does talk very fast, but I don't find her particularly uncomfortable to listen to - whereas I worry about wheezy Jill Franks gasping her way through her patter (which is sadly far too insincere and laden with cliches).

jilly halliday is not a natural presenter. shes ok bit like having your next door nieghbour chatting to you about buying some avon. shes not a natural orator and her vocabulary is limited. i have always thought this. but she does not get on my nerves. i think shes improved a bit recently.

jill franks makes me laugh. she does witter on a bit but i like her. she funny and enthusiastic. shes at her best if she really loves a range. she was great with alison cork the other night. however she dos go on. loses sight of the product and goes on about her glamorous homelife. still find her endearing

Ali Keenan has gone through a rough deal and I can understand that it must have been horrendous for her, and I am very pleased that she came through all that, and I can understand how traumatic it can be, always having, at the back of your mind that it might come back again.

She does dress well most of the time and carries most of the clothes well, having a very slim frame and looks lovely when her hair is put up.
Once, I noticed and posted here in some thread of how lovely she looked in a green dress(some one even found that it was a Phase Eight dress)

She looks very nice with her hair up, but, recently her hair hair looks untidy, most probably, she is in between a hair cut.
Although, recently she admitted on air that her hair has gone thin and showed a pic of her just after chemo, when it came back thick and curly :)

She also mentioned on a very recent beauty hour that she had thought about having work done on her face but has not and was "not going down that road"
(I thought that was an answer to those who thought she has had some "work" done
krasni_563(3).gif

But, having said all that, she does speak too fast :talking:and sometimes laughs :grin:(a silly laugh) at the end of the sentence, when there was no reason to laugh, and I find that irritating.

I am sure some QVC presenters do look in here and if Ali is one of them, I hope she takes it as constructive criticism.

I caught her the other night and was quite shocked at how tired and can I say old she looked:sad: She usually looks so well, perhaps it was the studio lighting, but she looked drawn.

I caught her the other night and was quite shocked at how tired and can I say old she looked:sad: She usually looks so well, perhaps it was the studio lighting, but she looked drawn.

I noticed that too, her face looked puffy, and she herself pointed out her jowls, and I thought she might have one of those " low esteem" days .

I dont like her hair at all - far too Jilly Cooper - after her treatment she had it very short and curly and I thought it looked fab - really modern and edgey and took years off her but as soon as it had grown back it went to the old fashioned style she favours which I think mades her look far older than she probably thinks it does.

Im not being bitchy but I personally am not convinced that she hasnt had "work done"

When my Mum was on steroids her cheeks looked plumped up, could it possibly be meds side effect?

I dont like her hair at all - far too Jilly Cooper - after her treatment she had it very short and curly and I thought it looked fab - really modern and edgey and took years off her but as soon as it had grown back it went to the old fashioned style she favours which I think mades her look far older than she probably thinks it does.

Im not being bitchy but I personally am not convinced that she hasnt had "work done"

I don't like her hair either - it was far nicer when it was growing back and really suited her. I do like Alison but prefer her on her own presenting. Hers is the only presenter blog that I read too.

She seems like a nice lady, eloquent and articulate. It doesn't surprise me that she looks old. She's a self-confessed sun-worshipper so there ain't no amount of Melatogeniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine gonna save her. Let's not forget that she is no spring chicken. She is a mature lady in her 50s who has gone through debilitating treatments. Of course she's not going to look young. She isn't young! I saw a pic of Phil Collins in the paper the other day. His head looked gnarled and wrinkly - kind of like a walnut - and people were commenting online on how old he looked. Man's in his mid-60s, I believe. He's not superhuman. I'm no Phil fan but accept he is getting on a bit. Going back to AK she almost has has some cosmetic surgery done. Her visage oft betrays the hallmarks.

She seems like a nice lady, eloquent and articulate. It doesn't surprise me that she looks old. She's a self-confessed sun-worshipper so there ain't no amount of Melatogeniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine gonna save her. Let's not forget that she is no spring chicken. She is a mature lady in her 50s who has gone through debilitating treatments. Of course she's not going to look young. She isn't young! I saw a pic of Phil Collins in the paper the other day. His head looked gnarled and wrinkly - kind of like a walnut - and people were commenting online on how old he looked. Man's in his mid-60s, I believe. He's not superhuman. I'm no Phil fan but accept he is getting on a bit. Going back to AK she almost has has some cosmetic surgery done. Her visage oft betrays the hallmarks.

Lol Julius.. you know.. I knew this was your post after reading the first 4 sentences! (I had not read the name of the poster). I thought, "I bet this is Julius" scrolled up, and sure enough..

Latest posts

Back