Ali Young and Leighton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn’t be so sure, this is his Twitter comment that accompanied the picture:

A brilliant night at the @CEW_UK Beauty Awards Product Demonstration, showcasing TWO of my products up for an award - my NAIL REBIRTH CAPSULES for ‘Best New Hand or Foot Product’ & CRYSTAL FILE for ‘Best Beauty Icon’. It was great to see so many colleagues under one roof. 👏🏼😀

I wonder how these beauty products get awards. Is it the number of sales at their outlets in the UK, a panel of 100 who get to try the stuff and give their opinion, or the backslapping beauty editors who'll vote for anything if there's a freebie in it for them ?

THEN we get to see the 'best of.....' in beauty pages and trophies won on QVC . Not impressed.

I wonder how these beauty products get awards. Is it the number of sales at their outlets in the UK, a panel of 100 who get to try the stuff and give their opinion, or the backslapping beauty editors who'll vote for anything if there's a freebie in it for them ?

THEN we get to see the 'best of.....' in beauty pages and trophies won on QVC . Not impressed.
Found this:

“The CEW Beauty Awards were launched in 2006 to recognise outstanding product innovation and creativity. Voted for by over 1,000 CEW members in the UK – industry professionals and experts in the field of beauty – the CEW Beauty Awards are recognised as one of the most coveted awards in the industry. The CEW Beauty Awards recognise the ‘best in class’ launches of the year along with tried and tested iconic products, across multiple categories.”

I had to look to see what CEW meant !! ( I HATE initials with a passion, because I have no idea what they mean ! it took me ages to discover what WFH, and the hair appliances GHD stood for - please people STOP IT ! )

The bumptious Cosmetic Executive Women - now isn't that precious ? a definite divide of us and them - yet its us plebs that fork out for the stuff.

The last Show he did with her he told her he would never return to QVC.
Money talks...but like everyone bills are rising he can't be too fussy.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, but have you seen this? Leighton with Ali Young!! he’s hardly been on the other channel this year, do you think they have eventually struck a deal? I hope so, if anyone gets any info, please let me know on here. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=569812748035169&set=pcb.569814261368351
He looks good👍

I don’t have a clue what LD has been doing since he left Q. I don’t rate any of his products and they’re sold all over the place, but today I saw AY for the first in a very long time, she is very puffed up, and I am wondering if she has a condition that means she has to take steroids, because that facial puffiness is very like tge look you get with medical steroids.

I don’t have a clue what LD has been doing since he left Q. I don’t rate any of his products and they’re sold all over the place, but today I saw AY for the first in a very long time, she is very puffed up, and I am wondering if she has a condition that means she has to take steroids, because that facial puffiness is very like tge look you get with medical steroids.
Maybe thats a point. Hope she's ok.

I don’t think there’s much chance of Leighton returning without a clause that says he doesn’t have to appear with AY, and as powerful as she appears to be in the industry, he won’t want to stipulate that… so much easier to stick to occasional forays on TJC. That’s what I think, anyway.

I have one of his crystal nail files, and I'm happy with it. The puffy face can indicate use of steroids, as you say. In her case, I don't think it's cheek fillers. I've seen this condition several times. Although I can't abide for very long her pushy sales technique and nagging voice, I wish her well if she is ill.

I have tried LD nail products in the past, and found the polishes thin and streaky. I bought a couple in TK MAXX a couple of weeks ago - still streaky! I have a crystal file which I bought when he first started on QVC, and it’s still going strong. Alison has had thyroid trouble for years, and I think her medication causes her weight to fluctuate.

I have tried LD nail products in the past, and found the polishes thin and streaky. I bought a couple in TK MAXX a couple of weeks ago - still streaky! I have a crystal file which I bought when he first started on QVC, and it’s still going strong. Alison has had thyroid trouble for years, and I think her medication causes her weight to fluctuate.
I love some of his polishes, but some of the paler ones definitely do appear thin and streaky and need three coats not just two coats.
Loved his crystal file, but prefer my Orly one these days.

Latest posts

Back