Leighton Denny comeback?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So not QVC then?
I know nothing of that channel, is it on TV or just online?
It's Channel 50 on Freeview, sorry don't know about the others.
They used to just sell cheap tat but Tony Dinez(sp) has joined them now and they have expensive tat as well.
Peter Sherlock from BidTV seems to be their beauty expert 🙄 I can always imagine him standing in the doorway of a department store wafting bits of scented card about, bless him.

Good for him. I did question the assumption that he'd return to the Q & Sharon posted on here recently that TJC was looking to sell a wider range of products. I think there's something toxic in a certain part of Chiswick.
And yet where they are located is actually really nice.
I walked through there a few weeks back and the outside landscaping is very nice indeed, there was even a heron in the central lake.

Leighton has now announced that he will be on TJC on 8th June at 2pm and 9th June at 8am
So not QVC then?
I know nothing of that channel, is it on TV or just online?
Yes, I saw this yesterday, I'm happy he is back but now I want to know why he didn't go back to QVC? I'm not familiar with TJC either but will search for the channel. and what him again.

Good for him. I did question the assumption that he'd return to the Q & Sharon posted on here recently that TJC was looking to sell a wider range of products. I think there's something toxic in a certain part of Chiswick.
I'm starting to believe some of the comments on here, maybe him and Alison Young are not friends, but she wished him happy birthday? or maybe he just wanted a change? whenever I left a job in my long career seamstress I never went back to the same job, maybe we are looking this wrong, he was at QVC for a very long time and he did not to go back because he wanted a change?

I'm starting to believe some of the comments on here, maybe him and Alison Young are not friends, but she wished him happy birthday? or maybe he just wanted a change? whenever I left a job in my long career seamstress I never went back to the same job, maybe we are looking this wrong, he was at QVC for a very long time and he did not to go back because he wanted a change?
He opened his first salon in the early 90s & was busy & successful before going onto the Q. It obviously made him a vast amount of money but it was only one outlet among many & I think the company needed him far more than he needed it. I've always got the impression that he's a sensitive soul & people like Alison Young & Julia Roberts pass comments in what they call a joking way that others find hurtful. I have no idea about the relationship he had with AY but you don't have to be friends with someone to be polite & she was frequently off hand towards him.

He opened his first salon in the early 90s & was busy & successful before going onto the Q. It obviously made him a vast amount of money but it was only one outlet among many & I think the company needed him far more than he needed it. I've always got the impression that he's a sensitive soul & people like Alison Young & Julia Roberts pass comments in what they call a joking way that others find hurtful. I have no idea about the relationship he had with AY but you don't have to be friends with someone to be polite & she was frequently off hand towards him.
I'm a saddo and have read through all the comments on his Facebook page and I’m still no wiser, he is still saying to people that he still might return to QVC in the future but fancied a change for his comeback shows, I suppose he isn’t going to tell us the real reason but credit to him for being professional to not slagging off QVC publicly like others have. You are right he does seem like a kind sensitive soul because some comments are not that friendly but he always politely answers and his passion shines bright for his products, it’s QVC’s loss if ask me. I’ve found I can watch TJC on Freeview 50 so I don’t’ care where he is on TV so long as he is happy and back offering lovely nail sets. The nail shows on QVC are few and far between since he left, do you remember how many times he was on before he left, he was on almost every beauty show and his own hour shows too. It’s good to have him back on whatever channel. It’s so nice to have a gossip about shopping tv with like-minded people. I’m finding this website to be a lovely escape from my real life. Thank you.

I think AY is maybe realising that mocking successful business entrepreneurs who are great sales people, with excellent communication skills and fab products is foolish. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted here. That's an analogy Ali will appreciate.

If you just get a flat out denial, and you show your hand, the risk is even further distancing.
I totally get why Twi is taking the approach that doesn't burn bridges. Alienation from your children is a cruel and bitter thing for a parent. While it hasn't happened to me, I have seen its impact at close quarters. All you can do is keep reaching out without judgement, but it takes a heavy toll. The alternative is you bring it to a crisis and leave no way back for either of you.
That's just my observations and opinion from what I have witnessed happening to someone I love dearly.
I guess I'm a bit more direct. Children aren't automatically blameless in so many circs.

I guess I'm a bit more direct. Children aren't automatically blameless in so many circs.
It is about your own heart, and what you feel is right.
Why decisively burn bridges and regret it?

I do agree with you that sadly children can be toxic...and having no chance to find out WHY can eat at you. There are no "one siz fits all" answer here.

It is about your own heart, and what you feel is right.
Why decisively burn bridges and regret it?

I do agree with you that sadly children can be toxic...and having no chance to find out WHY can eat at you. There are no "one siz fits all" answer here.
Indeed, nuanced & all that. Maybe I'm not the best one to ask - don't want anyone getting the huff...buuuut.......

I bet if he had just come out and said NO! I will not be going on QVC again his followers would start the but why? And he would have to endlessly explain something he just does not want to get into.

I know someone who bought a beautiful emerald and diamond ring from TJC way back when they only did jewellery. It had certified diamonds great gold weight and back then they only sold one size but would resize free of charge. Like when Gems only sold jewellery in size N and had proper gold weight in their stuff.

I bet if he had just come out and said NO! I will not be going on QVC again his followers would start the but why? And he would have to endlessly explain something he just does not want to get into.

I know someone who bought a beautiful emerald and diamond ring from TJC way back when they only did jewellery. It had certified diamonds great gold weight and back then they only sold one size but would resize free of charge. Like when Gems only sold jewellery in size N and had proper gold weight in their stuff.
Very likely. Leighton's always had his head screwed in the right way.
Wonder if a pre-condition of going back to Q was not having any shows with certain presenters? Q wouldn't be able to guarantee that.
If he's seen the quality of the latest batch of presenters, it might have ensured he looked elsewhere. Wherever, I'm rooting for him!

I should think he’d be more than capable of dealing with uppity presenters. He certainly kept his shows on track and could probably have coped very well with just the lovely Nina. Anyone know what became of her?

I should think he’d be more than capable of dealing with uppity presenters. He certainly kept his shows on track and could probably have coped very well with just the lovely Nina. Anyone know what became of her?
Nina Taylor does lots of hand modelling, & some feet work, in magazines & presents Leighton's products on Russian shopping telly & QVCGermany. She has the most beautiful hands & nails & I sometimes recognise them in adverts.

Latest posts

Back