Leighton Denny comeback?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jenni

Registered Shopper
I’m not new to this forum, and I have been lurking in the background but never posted until now. This forum is a great wealth of information for QVC and has been really helpful to me during lockdowns, I live alone, and I’m disabled and very high risk. I have hardly been out of my house for over a year, other than hospital and doctor appointments, so shopping tv has not only been company for me, but a bit of a lifeline too and finding out about bargains on here has been a big help to my purse, so thank you. I was wondering if anyone might know if Leighton Denny is returning to QVC? I’ve noticed that some members on this forum can find out about new collections a long time before they go on sale, so can anyone find any of his nail polish collections? He is teasing a comeback on his social media pages in a cryptic way, so I thought it wouldn’t do any harm to ask on here. I hope I’ve posted this in the right place. I miss his shows and met him at a QVC beauty event about 8 years ago, and he was so kind and spent so much time with me. I will try to post on here more now I have built up the confidence to join. I wish everyone a peaceful weekend. Thanks for reading my first message.

Speak soon,

Jenni x

Hello, welcome to the forum. I’m so glad you built up the courage to post, not always easy for those of us not used to social media. You’ll find we’re a kind, friendly bunch, that’s what I’ve found, some really lovely posters.
i understand how lonely it can be being housebound & isolating. I don’t have much family & have immobalised pretty much myself these last few weeks from having a really bad fall down a flight of steps onto the concrete out the back of the house.
I hope you’re right about Leighton, he was always so lovely to watch & some great products which I still have some left to use.

Hi Jenni and welcome to the forum. I think it is a great place to get info on upcoming offers and people’s experience with products/ideas on alternatives too. Forumites are a very supportive bunch imho.

(Sorry but I have no inkling as to whether Leighton will return.)

The question pops up on QVC Facebook on and off. There is never a firm answer from QVC. The usual we will pass the request to the buyers.

Leighton sold the company then bought it back again a few years ago. I know M&S sold the brand as I bought a crystal nail file got a back up in 2020 in a kit they had on sale with the nail cream.

Welcome!🍸

The forum is great even if you don’t buy or even watch Q any longer. Take the bitching with a pinch of salt and you will be fine. It has kept most of us sane this past year.

I had heard rumours about LD return but not sure if it was fact or wishful thinking. Certainly if he returns this forum will be the first to know so keep watching.

Like Donna I purchased from Marks but not lately in store. I’ve just had a look at Marks website and they have quite a few items.

Keep posting we need new members contributing regularly . Let us know your interests, dislikes and anything else you want - its a really good place for a much needed rant! People pay good money to tell someone their problems we do it for free!

I’m not new to this forum, and I have been lurking in the background but never posted until now. This forum is a great wealth of information for QVC and has been really helpful to me during lockdowns, I live alone, and I’m disabled and very high risk. I have hardly been out of my house for over a year, other than hospital and doctor appointments, so shopping tv has not only been company for me, but a bit of a lifeline too and finding out about bargains on here has been a big help to my purse, so thank you. I was wondering if anyone might know if Leighton Denny is returning to QVC? I’ve noticed that some members on this forum can find out about new collections a long time before they go on sale, so can anyone find any of his nail polish collections? He is teasing a comeback on his social media pages in a cryptic way, so I thought it wouldn’t do any harm to ask on here. I hope I’ve posted this in the right place. I miss his shows and met him at a QVC beauty event about 8 years ago, and he was so kind and spent so much time with me. I will try to post on here more now I have built up the confidence to join. I wish everyone a peaceful weekend. Thanks for reading my first message.

Speak soon,

Jenni x
Welcome Jenni,we don't bite .😄😄

Hello, welcome to the forum. I’m so glad you built up the courage to post, not always easy for those of us not used to social media. You’ll find we’re a kind, friendly bunch, that’s what I’ve found, some really lovely posters.
i understand how lonely it can be being housebound & isolating. I don’t have much family & have immobalised pretty much myself these last few weeks from having a really bad fall down a flight of steps onto the concrete out the back of the house.
I hope you’re right about Leighton, he was always so lovely to watch & some great products which I still have some left to use.
Thank you Breeze and I hope it is true.
Sorry to sound dumb but should I have a made up name on here and not my real name?

Hi Jenni and welcome to the forum. I think it is a great place to get info on upcoming offers and people’s experience with products/ideas on alternatives too. Forumites are a very supportive bunch imho.

(Sorry but I have no inkling as to whether Leighton will return.)
Thank you Mezza I am going to think about my favorite products and then write my views but I'm from the pen and paper generation so I might be a while.

The question pops up on QVC Facebook on and off. There is never a firm answer from QVC. The usual we will pass the request to the buyers.

Leighton sold the company then bought it back again a few years ago. I know M&S sold the brand as I bought a crystal nail file got a back up in 2020 in a kit they had on sale with the nail cream.
I didn't know he had sold it, I though he moved to America to launch it there? I'm on Facebook and keep an eye out for when they post things. Thank you.

Welcome Jenni, don't worry about not using a pseudonym, some of us have 'let slip' from time to time and honestly ? who cares. I've often thought in the past how nice it would be for us to meet up as I'm sure we'd all get on, but thats the beauty of this site, we can rant and let rip without losing any friends - because we're all unseen friends.

Welcome!🍸

The forum is great even if you don’t buy or even watch Q any longer. Take the bitching with a pinch of salt and you will be fine. It has kept most of us sane this past year.

I had heard rumours about LD return but not sure if it was fact or wishful thinking. Certainly if he returns this forum will be the first to know so keep watching.

Like Donna I purchased from Marks but not lately in store. I’ve just had a look at Marks website and they have quite a few items.

Keep posting we need new members contributing regularly . Let us know your interests, dislikes and anything else you want - its a really good place for a much needed rant! People pay good money to tell someone their problems we do it for free!
I have got his things from M and S but I cannot go there anymore and I like the nail sets he does so you know how to use them properly, I am going to write my views on things I like. Thank you.

Welcome!🍸

Thank you. I feel very welcomed to this webpage.

Welcome Jenni, don't worry about not using a pseudonym, some of us have 'let slip' from time to time and honestly ? who cares. I've often thought in the past how nice it would be for us to meet up as I'm sure we'd all get on, but thats the beauty of this site, we can rant and let rip without losing any friends - because we're all unseen friends.
Ok thank you I will keep my name and hopefully everyone can meet up one day soon.

I think some forumites may know each other. Remember the days when Stacey of models prefer organised cruises for her customers? I bet they were great fun. Also, people sometimes exchange items with one another so names are out there. For all we know your name might be Esmerelda not Jenni at all!

i think pseudonyms started decades ago when people especially in our age group were ultra careful about their on line identity.

I quite like it as they are original and it might be hard to keep up with several Ellas, Betties etc but it’s not a big deal.

People would suspect mine was made up anyway!😀

At the end of his final Show Alison Young asked him if he would ever come back to QVC and he said no.. They do still stock Leighton Denny in M & S.

Speak soon,

Jenni x

Welcome to the forum, Jenni. It's lovely here - glad you came along to join in!

I dont' think LD will come back to the Q, but I suppose you never know. I seem to remember Nina carrying it on a bit after LD left presenting his shows on QVC, but then she went too.

It wouldn't hurt for QVC to get another nail brand, as they've just got Orly, NailsInc and OPI now. I used to quite like LD's shows, so I'd be pleased to see him returning.

I always found her patronising & off hand with him. If she'd asked me that I'd have given the same answer & added that she was the reason for that decision.
Yes, she was, wasn't she? Almost as if there was only room for one Northerner on QVC's beauty items, and that is most definitely Queen Alison, Qualified Beauty Expert.

Leighton is taking over the brand again.

Latest posts

Back